Thread: Clan wars need balance

Clan wars need balance

I started a war search, we are a level 3 clan and got matched up with a level 13 clan. It's really unfair, none of my low level players can even get a star on the very last base. My lowest player is a th4 and got matched with TH8. CoC needs war balance.

I'm just going to start out with the standard comments and questions so we can get this discussion rolling.

First, clan level has nothing to do with matchmaking. So just because they're a level 13 clan and you're a level 3 doesn't make a difference to creating this matchup.

Second, looking at just the lowest bases isn't a good indicator of the entire match as the clans were matched on a whole not on an individual level. Would you be able to list all of the information for both your and your oppenents clan? I would say TH level, Hero levels, and war weight (I know it's a little outdated now but still helps determine relative strength of a base) at a minimum. Also include any comments about if the base is defenseless or has a weird build pattern (only maxed dragons for troops, missing walls, no mortars build, things of that nature).

Lastly, other than the fact that your TH 4 is matched with a TH 8, are there any other reasons you believe that this is a mismatch?

Forum Veteran
    My clan lvl is 15, we lost to a lvl 1 clan once. Protect lvl 15 clans from unfair lvl 1 clans!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaroM777 View Post
    I started a war search, we are a level 3 clan and got matched up with a level 13 clan. It's really unfair, none of my low level players can even get a star on the very last base. My lowest player is a th4 and got matched with TH8. CoC needs war balance.
    Looking at your wars on cocp.it - https://cocp.it/clan/228RRLVRJ You are generally running with a HUGE spread of townhalls (TH12 down to 4 or 5 for the most recent war and TH9/10 down to 3/4/5) across a 10 (and sometimes 5) base lineup. You are going to get matched against clans that may not match base for base very well. This is because the matchmaker does not match at the individual base level it matches at the clan level. Take some time to read the Stickied thread about matchmaking in this forum - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 26/36 heroes
    TH10 - doug 40/40 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by MossackFonseca View Post
    My clan lvl is 15, we lost to a lvl 1 clan once. Protect lvl 15 clans from unfair lvl 1 clans!
    Sending thoughts & prayers.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    I'm just going to start out with the standard comments and questions so we can get this discussion rolling.

First, clan level has nothing to do with matchmaking. So just because they're a level 13 clan and you're a level 3 doesn't make a difference to creating this matchup.

Second, looking at just the lowest bases isn't a good indicator of the entire match as the clans were matched on a whole not on an individual level. Would you be able to list all of the information for both your and your oppenents clan? I would say TH level, Hero levels, and war weight (I know it's a little outdated now but still helps determine relative strength of a base) at a minimum. Also include any comments about if the base is defenseless or has a weird build pattern (only maxed dragons for troops, missing walls, no mortars build, things of that nature).

Lastly, other than the fact that your TH 4 is matched with a TH 8, are there any other reasons you believe that this is a mismatch?
    I agree and will only add (is know Zank knows this but OP might not) there is no such thing as your th4 “matched” a th8. All it means is your lowest account for defensive power according to the map order was a th4 and theirs was a th8. The matchmaker doesn’t match individually #10 to #10, #20 to #20, etc. It is a full clan match.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Looking at your wars on cocp.it - https://cocp.it/clan/228RRLVRJ You are generally running with a HUGE spread of townhalls (TH12 down to 4 or 5 for the most recent war and TH9/10 down to 3/4/5) across a 10 (and sometimes 5) base lineup. You are going to get matched against clans that may not match base for base very well. This is because the matchmaker does not match at the individual base level it matches at the clan level. Take some time to read the Stickied thread about matchmaking in this forum - https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking
    I agree with this too. Running a spread of th12 all the way to th4 is often going to result in you having a disadvantage at the bottom. In the past, doing that would also get you a big advantage at the top, but not so much anymore. If anything it seems to match you more often with engineers or more often just at a disadvantage at the bottom. (This was an improvement in the matchmaker.)
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Quote Originally Posted by MossackFonseca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post
    Sending thoughts & prayers.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 14 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

We're a level 7 clan, and we once beat a level 14 clan. Clan level doesn't matter.