Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst Part About BH8

The Worst Part About BH8

Other than the monotony (LACK OF UPDATES), the worst part to me is still the archering. No matter how creative you get with the base, another person who is archering, is going to get a pretty good percentage on you. Itís to the point where I donít even watch archer replays anymore. Why? Why sit there and waste 3 minutes of my time, adjust traps, when no matter what, Archers will always be at the top. Itís slow, repetitive. And takes no skill. I have refused to use it as a matter of principle but I blame SC for not at least making attacking balanced.

This is is my own personal view on archering; itís taking advantage of a glitch. The balance is great, without one major flaw. Aka archers. You use that because you havenít gained any skill and rely on the faulty traps (Iíve seen 8 archers run over a spring) and not be touched. Thus giving you the edge.

I feel like myself, and the rest of the community will be disappointed in the time release of BH9. If thatís the case I think we need to start at least asking for updates to the current meta. It is been the same for at least five months I know this for fact because of you tubers posting the same bases were still using today...and that Iím still facing atop.

I will say it is kind of crazy to me that a company will release a certain game mode a.k.a. multiplayer and kind of just let it watch it die without rhyme or reason, or at least interaction. I will give them props for one thing and thatís taking care of the leaderboard when a player was clearly trophy dumping. But other than that, weíve been left in the dark. And I donít know about you, but Iíve spent hard earned money.

Opinions?

Forum Champion
    Archers? Really? I don’t like waiting for long attacks to finish either but I always smile when my base gets hit with mass sneaky archers. Rarely do they get more than a low 2 star and usually a single. SC knows they messed up by focusing too much on BB and not enough on main base for almost 2 years. Seems to me they working to rectify this. Bh8 is still less than a year old. Bh 9 will be here soon. Are you saying we should at least 2 new builder halls every year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Archers? Really? I don’t like waiting for long attacks to finish either but I always smile when my base gets hit with mass sneaky archers. Rarely do they get more than a low 2 star and usually a single. SC knows they messed up by focusing too much on BB and not enough on main base for almost 2 years. Seems to me they working to rectify this. Bh8 is still less than a year old. Bh 9 will be here soon. Are you saying we should at least 2 new builder halls every year?
    what amnesia Do you think you have lol.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Doesnít have to be a new BH, a balancing update would be amazing. Archers might be weak at your level but at Luckyís they arenít.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCajun View Post
    Other than the monotony (LACK OF UPDATES), the worst part to me is still the archering. No matter how creative you get with the base, another person who is archering, is going to get a pretty good percentage on you. Itís to the point where I donít even watch archer replays anymore. Why? Why sit there and waste 3 minutes of my time, adjust traps, when no matter what, Archers will always be at the top. Itís slow, repetitive. And takes no skill. I have refused to use it as a matter of principle but I blame SC for not at least making attacking balanced.

This is is my own personal view on archering; itís taking advantage of a glitch. The balance is great, without one major flaw. Aka archers. You use that because you havenít gained any skill and rely on the faulty traps (Iíve seen 8 archers run over a spring) and not be touched. Thus giving you the edge.

I feel like myself, and the rest of the community will be disappointed in the time release of BH9. If thatís the case I think we need to start at least asking for updates to the current meta. It is been the same for at least five months I know this for fact because of you tubers posting the same bases were still using today...and that Iím still facing atop.

I will say it is kind of crazy to me that a company will release a certain game mode a.k.a. multiplayer and kind of just let it watch it die without rhyme or reason, or at least interaction. I will give them props for one thing and thatís taking care of the leaderboard when a player was clearly trophy dumping. But other than that, weíve been left in the dark. And I donít know about you, but Iíve spent hard earned money.

Opinions?
    Itís ridiculous how SC allows no skill attacks to exist in a PvP gamemode that is trying to find the most skilled players. There is no room for mass archers in a skilled meta.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Itís ridiculous how SC allows no skill attacks to exist in a PvP gamemode that is trying to find the most skilled players. There is no room for mass archers in a skilled meta.
    For the record, I myself do not use Sneaky Archers, but not because I believe that they are "unskilled attacks", but rather because I simply do not enjoy using them.

So I must then ask, what do you define as skilled? Yes, Sneaky Archers are repetitious attacks, people who use them tend to "rinse and repeat". But repetition in itself does not negate skill. I myself prefer a combo of Boxer Giants, Cannon Carts, Bombers, and Super PEKKAs. But even then, my attacks tend to be for the most part repetitious.

If a basketball player found a zone which they could get 60% of their 3 point shoots in, we would say that the player was skilled. If a surgeon found a repeatable process where 99% of their operations were a success, we would say that surgeon is skilled. In fact, in both those examples, if they changed up their approach and had a high failure rate, they would surely be deemed as unskilled.

If you feel Sneaky Archers are too strong and need to be nerfed, fine, state your case then. But if you are going to claim skilled vs unskilled, then please define why those attacks are "unskilled" yet your own attacks "require skill".
    Last edited by rowman; February 13th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    For the record, I myself do not use Sneaky Archers, but not because I believe that they are "unskilled attacks", but rather because I simply do not enjoy using them.

So I must then ask, what do you define as skilled? Yes, Sneaky Archers are repetitious attacks, people who use them tend to "rinse and repeat". But repetition in itself does not negate skill. I myself prefer a combo of Boxer Giants, Cannon Carts, Bombers, and Super PEKKAs. But even then, my attacks tend to be for the most part repetitious.

If a basketball player found a zone which they could get 60% of their 3 point shoots in, we would say that the player was skilled. If a surgeon found a repeatable process where 99% of their operations were a success, we would say that surgeon is skilled. In fact, in both those examples, if they changed up their approach and had a high failure rate, they would surely be deemed as unskilled.

If you feel Sneaky Archers are too strong and need to be nerfed, fine, state your case then. But if you are going to claim skilled vs unskilled, then please define why those attacks are "unskilled" yet your own attacks "require skill".
    A skill is something that takes a long time to develop and master. Archer attacks are easy to learn, easy to develop to a decent competency level, and easy to master. Therefore unskilled. The attacks I used I failed many times before I got the hang of them and even then it took me months to say Iíve gotten close to mastering. Sneaky archers I literally started using during a vacation when I wasnít playing much and after I had a good hang of it.

True, repetitive doesnít mean unskilled and I never argued that though I think you know this.

Itís not that archers are too strong itís that they shouldnít be a viable in the bb because as I said before, the bb is supposed to find the most skilled players and it is not a skillful strategy. Right now regardless of your stance on them you cannot deny they are a common attack and therefore viable.
    Last edited by GodlyMortal; February 14th, 2019 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    .. Right now regardless of your stance on them you cannot deny they are a common attack and therefore viable.
    They are commonly used, no disagreement with that. But, I myself believe the commonality is probably more due to things like Youtube. Even on the Main Base, we often see the same attacks repeatedly. Many people tend not to be either inventive, nor exploratory. They simply look for a "popular" solution. Someone post some combo on Youtube. People start using it. As people begin using it, others see the attack against them, and so they copy, and the dominoes fall.

What Builder Base Trophy range are you in? That I believe is a factor in what troops we often see. My own BH is in sleep state, awaiting BH 9. I did wake it up for use in the Clan Games. Sitting at 4k Trophies, looking in my log. only 3 of the 10 attackers used any Archers at all. That though does not reflect what I use to see above that, when I was active daily. So the seasonal reset pushed me back to 4k, and inactivity has kept me there.
    Last edited by rowman; February 14th, 2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

They are commonly used, no disagreement with that...
    Sneaky Archer nerf incoming!
    We all know what happens to troops that are commonly used

And SC will nerf Bombers as well for sure! They are extremely over used at ground attacks (like at least 90% )

Balancing is needed for the Battle Machine as well.
    Yesterday I saw an opponents maxed BM breaking thru my Level 8 wall in just under 2 Minutes! This is madness.
    BM should do less damage to walls !

-- marrvin

Millennial Club
    They are commonly used, no disagreement with that. But, I myself believe the commonality is probably more due to things like Youtube. Even on the Main Base, we often see the same attacks repeatedly. Many people tend not to be either inventive, nor exploratory. They simply look for a "popular" solution. Someone post some combo on Youtube. People start using it. As people begin using it, others see the attack against them, and so they copy, and the dominoes fall.

What Builder Base Trophy range are you in? That I believe is a factor in what troops we often see. My own BH is in sleep state, awaiting BH 9. I did wake it up for use in the Clan Games. Sitting at 4k Trophies, looking in my log. only 3 of the 10 attackers used any Archers at all. That though does not reflect what I use to see above that, when I was active daily. So the seasonal reset pushed me back to 4k, and inactivity has kept me there.
    Alright but every single BB strategy is on YT at this point with plenty of videos. If you still donít think theyíre viable know that they can secure the 2 star and at least 65% without much problem, which is enough to win.

As fae as my trophy range I donít play anymore but when I was I was ending the season in the top 50 USA usually. My best is ending at rank 21 or 22