Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is engineering fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Last war we won 45-15 in a 15 man war.

Should think of engineering like a crowd mentality, What would the average person do? What would the noob do? What is the easiest route? and then do the opposite of everything you hold true.

Matching is an art form, a place of zen in which winning radiates it glory. I feel as though I could write a guide but doing so would be a negative for us so I don't get too specific.
    Smh. Where's the glory in engineering a matchup, in which you thoroughly outclass an opponent? That matchup sounds about as glorious as lions v Christians.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    SO I've just quoted a few points from your post, but in summary your point is:

"We engineered
    Enemy engineered better than us
    We lost by 2 stars

Supercell needs to solve engineering."

According to Cocp'it, your clan is 1/3rd engineered. You are making it very tough for the matchmaker to give you a decent match. If you want fair matches, don't engineer!
    However, as you have won 152 wars and only lost 82, have a win streak of 15. What is your expectation - to win every single war?

https://cocp.it/clan/J0YPV09L
    <facepalm>

I just don't get it. How do people not see the hypocrisy in their own words?
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 26/36 heroes
    TH10 - doug 40/40 heroes

Forum Veteran
    If two clans are engineering, and face each other, can both have an advantage?

Going back to your original post - is engineering fixed? The majority of people on here are saying yes. In general, engineering is no longer giving the advantage it used to. Furthermore, clans that engineer, appear to be match more frequently with other clans that are engineering, so non-engineered clans are getting decent matches.

As others have already stated - this is a discussion forum, where players of Clash share ideas, complaints, and generally learn from each other. It is not a 'Supercell support' forum.
    I've learned a huge amount on here by engaging with people. I don't agree with everyone, but I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion. Even if they're wrong!

So, if you want to rant about 'unfair matchmaking', you carry on, and we'll leave you in peace. If you want to have a constructive discussion about how the matchmaking has changed, and what people do now to get 'fair' matches, there are plenty of people that will gladly engage with you for constructive discussion.

Either way, Clash on, and enjoy the game. Good luck!
    +1.. Cant give pos rep again yet.
    Great post from a true gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarKumar View Post
    It need not to be solved. As long as the match making is not completely solved, there is no expectation for engineer problem.
    Last war, i had 1 th12, 3 th10.5....and out enemy was 1 th12, 4 th11 max, 3 th11 engineers with max heros & max archer towers.
    This was not CwL, its normal war. And we all lost hope from the beginning, and same happened enemy got 74/75 stars, we got 72/75.
    Feel like its time to say good bye to COC.
    You’re upset that your attempt to get an advantage with 10.5s was outdone by another clan’s attempt to get an advantage with engineered 11s? Sorry, but even from engineers here you aren’t going to get sympathy for what you claim is an uneven match when you yourself are engineering.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Millennial Club
    If two clans are engineering, and face each other, can both have an advantage?

Going back to your original post - is engineering fixed? The majority of people on here are saying yes. In general, engineering is no longer giving the advantage it used to. Furthermore, clans that engineer, appear to be match more frequently with other clans that are engineering, so non-engineered clans are getting decent matches.

As others have already stated - this is a discussion forum, where players of Clash share ideas, complaints, and generally learn from each other. It is not a 'Supercell support' forum.
    I've learned a huge amount on here by engaging with people. I don't agree with everyone, but I respect everyone's right to have their own opinion. Even if they're wrong!

So, if you want to rant about 'unfair matchmaking', you carry on, and we'll leave you in peace. If you want to have a constructive discussion about how the matchmaking has changed, and what people do now to get 'fair' matches, there are plenty of people that will gladly engage with you for constructive discussion.

Either way, Clash on, and enjoy the game. Good luck!
    Very good post, totally agree
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Basepenetrat0rR View Post
    So people posted own opinions but i actually wanted an answer of a developer with knowledge.
    Yes b303 is the clan im in and no its not solved, or knowing that im in this clan helps you anything really, since you cant see the very unfair war i was in nether who participated in it (theres a war log from January but not further details).
    I didnt mean it literally "extra war weight for engineers" in an update note so relax.

As to the comments: engineering is only bad when everyone is all maxed out, yes. As long as your not it gives you an advantage, no doubt.

Details about the war: My clan was facing an opponent we couldn't defeat if all players attacked and defended the same. They had 5 more accounts with max heroes (troops all maxed) and also 5 engineered th11 with also maxed heroes or close to it. We had 3 all max heroes and one engineered. While their 8 had still maxed heroes, our 8 had 45 heros.
    Statistically it was lost before it started.
    So my question since from the beginning is why is it so hard to face a fair opponent? Supercell are the developers. They have everything (data, programmers, gamecode) and cant make it fair. It's just ridiculous that they are so incompetent. Think about the money some people are spending on this game.

OT: Also ive posted about a major bug proven with screenshots. Look at them, which luckily are still online. People talked it down (since i was right) which was the only smart thing they could do, thinking (again) about the amount of money some players spent. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hot?p=11365348
    Just a little more on how fine the margins are between good and bad draws when you are playing a numbers game..

We tend to do a natural x.5 route. Last war we went with 2x11s, one is almost max, 5x 10s, one is mid jump to 11 from pretty max, others are one that is almost ready for ferno, and 3 are barely 10, but with camps, spells and valks and golem upgraded. 6x 9s of varying degrees, and a couple of trash (cant get thru to him low loading dont work any more, so they are dead weight).

Our oppo was 1 big 11, 6x 10s, with 2 10.5 mixed in, then 9s with a couple of 8s.
    Is a fair match up on paper. except their 11s carried level 20 warden, their number 5 and above carried sufficient defence to be difficult, and with their attacking skills they crushed us.

It wasnt simply down to skills tho, as my accounts are all weight conscious, and were too lightweight to stop the onslaught.
    Maybe if I had BoWitch tied down and upgraded, we could have fought back better, but anyway..

This war, we dropped the max 11, mainly because he decided to no show, but the draw has swung once again into our favour. We have hero and wall size advantage. That is all i need to know for our fortunes to change, unless they are real good, which their record doesnt suggest.

So I feel the numbers are still playing a major role in matching, and if those numbers fit you match, regardless of build type, unless you go too far out of balance.
    We dropped an almost max, and lost the engi opponent, so build type doesnt necessarily decree the opponent, roster weights/numbers do.

But the point is, if you are drawing consistently, and the draws are bad, you owe it to yourself to change it. The draws wont fix themselves if there is a pattern.

But OP, i took the time to look you up on cocp.it. There are only 3 wars showing. You have advantage due to engineering in the 2 you won, so this first of all puts your complaint into context.

But the main thing I noticed, is that 25% of your roster are 12s. Once you start with those big boys, then anything happening below will have minor effect with the war draw. So your engineering is simply playing in the back yard.
    But also, with the huge weights that come with 12s, is the real possibility that you will get smashed if your 12s are holding back on weight gain. At that size you need to grow fat mate.
    You have max troops, they have more. The draw wont stabalize below that much top weight. They are the controlling factor.

We are up against a clan with symbols in their name that come from a specific region in the world. They have lopsided bases. We have th8's in our lineup so I am guessing that is why we drew them. When I took the th8's out we got a fair matchup and we have a 4 win streak going. This war we will probably lose because they have more th12's than we do and they got stars need couldn't get from them. If we lose it will probably be by a star or two. Next war will have no th8's. They are very skilled attackers with miners. It's they only attack they used. These type of clans seem to attempt to drawn in weaker opponents this way as they have a 10 win streak going.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    We are up against a clan with symbols in their name that come from a specific region in the world. They have lopsided bases. We have th8's in our lineup so I am guessing that is why we drew them. When I took the th8's out we got a fair matchup and we have a 4 win streak going. This war we will probably lose because they have more th12's than we do and they got stars need couldn't get from them. If we lose it will probably be by a star or two. Next war will have no th8's. They are very skilled attackers with miners. It's they only attack they used. These type of clans seem to attempt to drawn in weaker opponents this way as they have a 10 win streak going.
    Want to share yours or their tags? Id like to see the war lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Want to share yours or their tags? Id like to see the war lineups.
    I won't include theirs because I don't want an infraction for shaming or whatever they call it.

#CGCU0PQ