Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell in Real Life Contest...Round 2!!...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Supercell in Real Life Contest...Round 2!!...

(Winners from last time: FreeName for the archer tower and tjena for the wishing well)

We need a contest!

It's been too long!

Hey there, Forum Community! I’ve missed you! It’s been ages since the last contest and we mods think it’s time to get one going. We decided running an old favorite would be a good way to ease back into things. For those of you who have been here a while...you’ll remember this one. The pictures up above are from two of our previous winners. Hopefully they give you an idea of what we are looking for.

How many times have you been out somewhere and you pass a building or a structure and think....'Wow, that building looks just like a clan castle in Clash!'....or....'No way!...that looks just like the silo in Hay Day!'? Well that’s just what this contest is for. Take a picture of that thing...with either your game opened up in front of it or your hand or finger in some way showing so we know it’s not faked...and post it here! You might win a Supercell T-shirt and stickers...and you might even win some gems/diamonds!

The other contest is here in 'Forum Wide Contests'...but I’ll give you a link anyway.
    It’s awesome going back and seeing all of those old entries! Even the ones that didn’t win are just too cool! Most of the rules will be the same and I’ll just copy them over...but remember that they can be changed any time as needed. And also remember that none of those entries can be used for this contest.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10239802

Here's how you play:

The contest will run through the end of the day (Pacific Time Zone) on
    March 15th..
    (Giving everyone a month to get out there and find something)

Your pictures must actually be taken by you. Not taken from the internet and not photoshopped or otherwise made up. (Nothing vulgar or against forum rules)

Your pictures must include your game in the shot. This requires you to use two devices. If you do not have an extra device to be able to do both, then you must include your hand in some way. Thumb's up, pointing, waving...anything like that, but your hand needs to be in there. (Yes, you sillies....you can use your foot or your ear or your knee...haha) (Nothing vulgar or against Forum rules)

Since this is including both Hay Day and Clash, we all may not know what you're representing....so please also include a screenshot of whatever you are comparing to. For example: if you are taking a picture of a building that looks like an archer tower...please also add a picture of an archer tower so people can compare.

You are only allowed UP TO THREE entries. So use them wisely. You do not have to enter three times. You can enter only once or twice if you want as well. But no more than 3. (If you mess up and submit an invalid entry...without your hand or game in the pic....you still get three valid entries)

Mods and staff will judge the entries at the end of the contest and are not eligible to win. (But will HOPEFULLY join in the fun!)

GASP's are eligible to play and win prizes.

Please do not point out if someone's entry is not within the rules. Don't worry....I'm always checking. If you see a problem, you can send me a PM. All posts calling out someone for an invalid entry will be removed.

No need to reserve a post. Your entries will all be seen. All reserved posts will be removed. I keep a running list of entries for the other mods to judge from. Your entry may not be noticed for judging if you go back and post it in an earlier post. Please post them as new posts so they don’t get overlooked.

Entries can be homemade, but what we really are looking for is the random stuff you see out in the world.

Any pictures that were used in the other two Real Life contests will not be valid.

(rules may be changed or added as needed)

Here's how to post a picture on the Forums:

Tap this link:
    https://postimages.org/

If you want to resize your entry...tap on 'Do not resize my image' and choose your size....
    Tap on 'Choose Images’....
    Select 'Photo Library’....
    Choose your photo and press 'Done'....
    Select the 'Hotlink for Forums' and copy...Come to the Forums and create a post on the contest thread. Paste the link in your post. (You will only see it as a link until you post it. But it will show as a picture once posted) (You can also review your post before you post it and you will see it in picture form there)
    Send your post and you’ve done it!

Here's what you win:

The mods and staff will choose our 10 favorite pictures. All 10 people will win a Supercell t-shirt and stickers! The top 5 of our favorites will also win gems in the game of their choice. (Only one game)

Winners #10 - 6: ...... SC t-shirt and stickers
    Winners #5 - 2: ........ SC t-shirt and stickers plus 2500 gems or 570 diamonds in HD
    Winner #1: ............... SC t-shirt and stickers plus 3000 gems or 700 diamonds in HD

Winners will be announced as soon as all the votes are in and counted. Hopefully within the following week of the end of the contest.

So that’s it! I see these things all over the place that remind me of the games...so I’m really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! I hope everyone has fun with this!

(Quick side note: I find myself without a graphic designer to help me with my contests. If there’s anyone out there who is interested in helping me who is able to do things like the Easter egg hunt picture that we used for that contest....please pm me. Please do not discuss this in this thread)

http://supercell.com/en/fan-contest-terms/
    Last edited by Raindragon; February 13th, 2019 at 06:09 PM.

The Dragon is a mighty flying unit that can attack both ground and air targets.

(Temp change supporting Forum Elite VII. Come join in the fun!)

Did we get prizes for the previous competitions? Who won them?
    Heroes - 60 / 60 / 30

Part of New Brits, a level 14 adult only clan.

Clan tag #8JY22YJL

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    How fun! I'll be looking for things if/when I can get out of the eight feet of snow in the driveway!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If a wheel fell off your canoe, how much pancake mix would it take to shingle your roof?

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Imdk View Post
    Which picture we have to post to register ourselves rain?
    The contest is about taking a picture of something you see in the real world that reminds you of something you see in the game. When you find something like that...take a picture of it...include your hand or finger in the picture...and then post it in this thread. That’s it. You don’t need to register...just post the picture that you’ve taken of whatever out there reminds you of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    How fun! I'll be looking for things if/when I can get out of the eight feet of snow in the driveway!
    Ouch! Or rather....brrrrrr! I hope you get out soon! But even if you don’t...look around your house. You never know what you’ll find. If you scroll through the photos in the thread of the last time we did this contest...you’ll see quite a few that were actually toys or statues or other things people just had in their houses. And it’s also okay to build/create something yourself....but we would rather see stuff that people just randomly find.

Get creative, guys! With a month to hunt for stuff, I’m sure you can all come up with something great!

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Here’s where the winners are listed....

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11398449

Everyone got their prizes finally but it was a big mess and took a long time. All the winners were very gracious about it, which was just so nice of them!...but I hated making everyone wait so long and that’s partially what has held me off from starting a new contest. I didn’t want anyone to go through that again. But I’m comfortable now that it will run smoothly again!

Hey my Favorite Dragon,
    Nice to see you back on our famous forum, and with the contests again
    Keep’em coming

Awesome! I missed the last one because I had just started clashing
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

How we will register ourself in the contest?

Could we just get the gems and not the T-shirt and stickers?

(I'd love those but I ain't comfortable with sharing my address.)
    Last edited by Clash12344321; February 13th, 2019 at 03:49 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    Could we just get the gems and not the T-shirt and stickers?

(I'd love those but I ain't comfortable with sharing my address.)

Thats fine if you are one of the top winners. It’s up to you. But I assure you that people’s private information has always been handled very carefully here. The winners private message me and I give the details directly to Darian or Nick. No one sees them except for me and them. I promise you it’s safe...but I totally understand if you aren’t comfortable with it.