Thread: CWL vs normal wars

New Bloke/Chick

Red face CWL vs normal wars

Which one do you like more-CWL wars(1 attack per war)or the normal wars (2 attacks per war)?And why?

I like the 1 attack per day concept as there is no cleanup attack and hence no scope for correction-once a mistake is committed its done and dusted,Also the more possibility of a 2 star than 3 in higher leagues introduce more competition(according to me).

I prefer normal wars because of the 2 attacks, if I messed up one attack in Cwl that's it! I don't have a second chance. But in the normal wars you have a second chance if you mess up an attack. Another reason why I prefer normal wars is the fact that I'm only th9 and I don't normally go into the starting line up.
    Small content creator | Clash of clans, Brawl stars and Hay Day player | Coc account: 21Dimple2.0 | Hay Day account 21dimple | Brawl stars account: Julie™ | YouTube account: Xasva A | Twitter account: @XasvAYouTube | Discord: Xasva | YouTube#4182 | Clash of clans clan: Not in one | Brawl stars club: XasvA Crusaders | Second Coc account: Annoying Dimple #V9JCLQUC | 3rd Coc account: #Y9G0LC0YC |

I prefer normal wars, so much so that the last cwl was more than likely our last one for a very long time...maybe ever?

The whole "no weight/random match thing" and especially the "expect to lose half your wars if you're in the 'right' league" is ridiculous.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv17, 634 fair play wins and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I prefer normal wars, so much so that the last cwl was more than likely our last one for a very long time...maybe ever?

The whole "no weight/random match thing" and especially the "expect to lose half your wars if you're in the 'right' league" is ridiculous.
    What is ridiculous about it?

I like the medals from CWL and also I like the change of pace. I'm not sure which I like better, but I'm glad we have both.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

I like regular wars over CWL, more laid back and if someone misses an attack it may not harm the war. In CWL everyone is locked in for 7 days if you don't have subs and towards the end the fatigue sets in and some start missing attacks.

Loot in CWL is pretty good though, I'll give it that.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Elder
    I prefer normal wars. Having a nice even spread of similar THs on both sides is enjoyable for me because I can practice getting a 3 star. In CWL it’s either no challenge or no chance at getting 3 stars, so I get bored quickly, but in regular wars I usually have a challenge and a chance at getting 3 stars. The medals in CWL are nice, but that’s about the only thing I like about it.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I like regular wars over CWL, more laid back and if someone misses an attack it may not harm the war. In CWL everyone is locked in for 7 days if you don't have subs and towards the end the fatigue sets in and some start missing attacks.

Loot in CWL is pretty good though, I'll give it that.
    agreed with the length of cwl... it's just too long and i further don't understand why they make you fill cc every freaking day. it's silly.

however the rest of it i like including the challenges and the single attack. otoh, i like classic as well for different reasons. i don't really have a preference.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post

I like the medals from CWL and also I like the change of pace. I'm not sure which I like better, but I'm glad we have both.
    Thats cool 2222, to each their own.

Maybe its the competitor in me, but expecting to lose just isnt exciting for me. If we lose because my clan played bad, or the other clan was just flat out better than us, thats one thing, but to expect to lose because thats the way the system is set up is completely different.

As a max th12, medals dont mean that much to me. I've polled my clan a few times to get the general vibe of what people want to do and the overwhelming majority opinion is screw the cwl!�� Even our 9's, 10's and 11's who still have months of upgrades before them dont want anything to do with the cwl. I guess winning is more fun than upgrading fast?

Those two dark question marks are supposed to a laughing face emoji
    Last edited by dayone; 17 Hours Ago at 04:22 AM.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv17, 634 fair play wins and counting...

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post

Question is which one u prefer if u would not get medals from CWL?
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases