Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are Trophies and Loot inversely linked?

In part, it depends on the time of day your raid.

A TH10 should not have problems finding good loot in champ and masters, especially master you also will usually not get attacked within 5 minutes. Well, unless your rushed and then you'll get smashed in five minutes. You'll get attacked sooner in masters and quickly in champ.

I find that most people forget their bonus loot for a win in Champ. That will usually pay for most of the cost of your troops if you get 70 percent. Dark and gold becomes profit unless you raid with a lot very expensive dark troops.

Don't stay high unless you are active. I had a TH10 that was high and I wasn't very active on it. So I dropped it very low. High leagues are only good if you raid enough to make up for the lost loot you'll encounter when raided.

I find they upper leagues to be the best place to loot with expensive armies. I've had TH9 go to Titan as a nine and that same base went to Champ as an 8. Talking about getting smashed. A TH8 in champ is kindling and that's all it is on defense in champ. :P

Use clash forecaster to find the good times to raid. It's not perfect but I find it to quite accurate during normal situations within Clash.
    Last edited by StormHeart; February 12th, 2019 at 01:09 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Forum Veteran
    Last night I got a legit 2.1 mil raid in masters 3 as a Th10.

In general, as you get lower, the strength of the bases you can find with good loot gets lower. As your offense improves that makes it easier to get the bigger loot from bigger bases in higher leagues. You can get more from a non-dead TH12 with full storages than from a dead TH10 with empty storages and half-full collectors (most dead TH10s get raided before the collectors fill up completely, and then they usually don't have time to completely fill before they're raided again).

My Th12 around 4950 got hit for 700k gold because I forgot to log in to tap collectors before I went to sleep, and got raided before I woke up. It had around 4 mil in storages, plus however much accumulated since the previous time I logged in. That kind of loot is not super uncommon for me to find up there; based on the bases I find, I'm not the only one who sometimes forgets. (I'd be upset about it if I had any free builders, but all are busy, and I can't even dump it into wall.)

the whole view of having to go low in trophies for loot is not the case. I havent dropped out of legends since the additional 50 walls were released and glad to say all 50 are now done...

Back to drinking cocktails on the porch and attacking with leisure.. happy days

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

It would seem that way on the majority, because Loot is often linked to collectors, thus dead bases are lower in trophies because they are continuously attacked and are forced down, while people that attack and collect their collectors (I hate how that sounds) move higher. Of course you can come across people that are full on storage and empty on collector at Lower ranges and high on collectors and empty on storage at higher levels.

correlation does not equal causation.

It isn't difficult for an active player to keep all 5 builders busy in any league. The main question is what type of attacks do you like and what type of player are you. Do you like big full war army type attacks once an hour or do you like sitting down on a boost and attacking over and over for an hour straight? Personally, before I was max I used to push up high with strong attacks, then goblin farm my way down to silver, then push up again. It was fun to mix it up and that is what is most important. Do whatever entertains you the most at the time. That's the key to enjoying the game for years. Being as efficient as possible and trying to do everything as fast as possible to get to max as fast as you can doesn't accomplish anything for the many players who quit before they get there anyway. Enjoy the ride
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

I always get more loot higher I go from bonus I donít like farming armies they are not what I enjoy. I find that past 4K the loot tends to get better as you go up towards 4.5k

Millennial Club
    I found the easiest way to find great loot at any level....use a garbase army. Either only have a few troops like 50 or garbage.

Example: Doing the walls challenge I set my army for ALL wall breakers (no hero's as they just attacked).
    I found 6 straight dead bases with 450k, 450k, 5k or higher...the highest was 800k, 800k, 8k.

I used those all up and had a normal army and heros......20 bases later hit a 350k, 350k, 2k....sooo sad.

That being said, I do randomly find good bases at any level Gold-Titan. I rarely find any dead bases at any level (save for the example above). But I found I find more good TH11 bases with my TH12 and more good TH12 bases with my TH11....really????

All in all...I think it boils down to how often you wanna get hit. Want to get destroyed...go high....want to not get hit too bad...go low. Bored...go high.....bored....go low. It helps to set a goal and work on that (aka 5k defenses).
    Last edited by pb913; February 12th, 2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Don't stay high unless you are active. I had a TH10 that was high and I wasn't very active on it. So I dropped it very low. High leagues are only good if you raid enough to make up for the lost loot you'll encounter when raided.
    wait what?
    dont you stay low when youre active? farm dead bases quick n fast
    by active i mean come on for like 1 hour spells a few times a day

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    To that I agree! Enjoying is the important thing. But the question asked was "are trophies and loot inversely proportional", which I contend are not a converse relationship.

I last month dropped from Legends down to Bronze to farm defends. Now, I am hanging out in Crystal, but not because the daily "loot take is better", it is not. It is, as you note, fun and laid back.

So I have concluded there is no relationship at all between Leagues and Daily Net Loot Gain. What changes is how you get that loot (directly from base, or indirectly from bonuses), and how then you farm that loot.
    Like if you exclude Daily Win Bonus of 5 Star, even then do you think there is no link?
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Quote Originally Posted by Ideabulb View Post
    Like if you exclude Daily Win Bonus of 5 Star, even then do you think there is no link?
    Exclusion though makes no sense to me personally. The question was "loot take". But even if the question was "loot directly per average base not counting any bonuses", I still say "no correlation".

If there was an inverse correlation (that which was proposed by op) that would then mean that all the richest bases would be at Bronze and all the near zero bases would be at Legends. For each and every league you go up, the loot would decrease each and every league rise.

The people responding in this thread are in fact agreeing, there is no inverse correlation. If they agreed there was, they would all be responding "In Bronze is the best loot".

Having spent last month in every League, Bronze to Legends and all leagues in between, I would say that the total average loot available per base is in fact Legends! Only there do the vast majority of bases return a profit! Sure you can find a fat base with 800k Gold in Crystal. But... If you nexted 20 times to find that base, then in fact it is only 1 in 20 bases within Crystal that offer good loot!

The question asked was not "best to farm", but rather if a "correlation exists". Do you believe there is one? I surely do not.

Which then brings me back to what I stated earlier: "So I have concluded there is no relationship at all between Leagues and Daily Net Loot Gain. What changes is how you get that loot (directly from base, or indirectly from bonuses), and how then you farm that loot". ....
    > Legends: Be prepared to hit every base offered with full camps, CC troops, full spells. Objective is 70% damage for full win bonus.
    > Crystal: Window shop, hit Next. Maybe 1 in 20 offer good loot. No CC troops required, most require partial camp and spell deployment.
    > Bronze: Hit Next often! Maybe 1 in 100 worth hitting. Also be prepared to constantly trophy drop to stay in Bronze. Many bases can be farmed with heros only.

At the end of the day, I claim it is a wash, my realized net gain is the same, independent of League!
    Last edited by rowman; February 13th, 2019 at 12:12 PM.