Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Derby Glitch - 18 Tasks

LOL.

NICK, I love this new derby. I really do. A real curve ball that makes everyone scared.

The operative word is everyone not scared. It is just a regular derby but boom, the finish line is twice as far away. Now we have to learn to change and be flexible. All those hoods that only did 320s they might have to change. Adapt and be flexible. The operative word was everyone! Everyone is in the same boat. A new rule is thrown out and implemented without discussion. Can your hood adapt. Everyone is in the same boat. All this crying about not fair, only not fair to those people who cannot adapt. I think it’s a great challenge.

NICK, this is great. I always finish the derby on Thursday sometimes even on Wednesday. Now I’m going to even be in trouble to finish by Sunday if I try to take only 320s. I will have to adapt I will have to look at the other teams. Everyone is in the same boat. Thank you so much for the 10 diamonds I don’t think I will be even using them at the end .

Challenge accepted.
    KIK : IXOYE4U
    Farm Name : Hebrews 4:12 - Level 81 Farm.
    Higher Level Buys First.

Lolz, I actually agree with this! I like the challenge. I completed the power derby in 3 days on my main and 4 days on my level 66 farm doing all max point tasks. I like the idea of possibly not being able to pick all max point tasks to make it to the end. It is much less predictable.

#ChallengeAccepted as well and I look forward to another one of these boo-boo's.

Quote Originally Posted by IXOYE4U View Post
    LOL.

NICK, I love this new derby. I really do. A real curve ball that makes everyone scared.

The operative word is everyone not scared. It is just a regular derby but boom, the finish line is twice as far away. Now we have to learn to change and be flexible. All those hoods that only did 320s they might have to change. Adapt and be flexible. The operative word was everyone! Everyone is in the same boat. A new rule is thrown out and implemented without discussion. Can your hood adapt. Everyone is in the same boat. All this crying about not fair, only not fair to those people who cannot adapt. I think it’s a great challenge.

NICK, this is great. I always finish the derby on Thursday sometimes even on Wednesday. Now I’m going to even be in trouble to finish by Sunday if I try to take only 320s. I will have to adapt I will have to look at the other teams. Everyone is in the same boat. Thank you so much for the 10 diamonds I don’t think I will be even using them at the end .

Challenge accepted.
    Level 113 Farm
    Barn: 5550 Silo: 5000
    12/12 Sanctuary Animals
    In that... 'What is there to do next?" mode.

Fresh Spawn
    Why is everybody crying like a baby?
    This is now a real power derby and the good teams will show it to us.

Forum Veteran
    10 diamonds is an insult as compensation. Why not significantly increase the threshold prizes, or give people the precious permits so many are craving. There are so many ways you could show players genuine contrition for your incompetence!

While I hate the incompetence involved in this, I’m prepared to give it a shot as an interesting/difficult derby for a large leaderboard hood like us. It will require flexibility, good strategy and teamwork, so I have some sympathy with the idea this will give the best teams a chance to prove it....... However in competitive hoods, where people opted in on the basis of 10 regular tasks, being faced with 19 possible regular tasks is not fair. With real life commitments, I see some people finding themselves feeling pressured to try and complete all 19 tasks when life doesn’t allow it. Inevitably that will lead to friction and unhappiness for some player.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    Lolz, I actually agree with this! I like the challenge. I completed the power derby in 3 days on my main and 4 days on my level 66 farm doing all max point tasks. I like the idea of possibly not being able to pick all max point tasks to make it to the end. It is much less predictable.

#ChallengeAccepted as well and I look forward to another one of these boo-boo's.
    Our hood has 20 opted in this week, we were a bit surprised when derby started today. So that would be 20x18 regular tasks this week.
    We try to complete as many tasks as we can, if possible all 300+.
    # real powerderby # challenge accepted!

Classic fail. Not to minimize everyone’s pain, but this makes me realize why I rarely do the derby anymore. Good luck to all.

While having to do 18 tasks was a little worrying at first, now I'm having fun with this derby.

Why? I decided we'd do 300+ this week, because there's no way we'd all be able to finish all 18 tasks for 320 points, especially lower-level neighbors. And the trashing would've been insane! I hate trashing. So now I'm having fun doing the tasks I like for 300+ points (mining, fast crops, etc. are quite rare for 320 points).

Maybe SC could introduce a new special derby with infinite tasks? That would be interesting. I don't know if that would be feasible though. Just an idea.

Thanks for the 10 diamonds!

Pro Member
    After a bit of confusion when my team did find we have to do 19 tasks We did as we always do , We adapt to it .
    We do 320 points + fast tasks over 300 .So it will be possible for all to do thier tasks .
    This is a really fun way to play and I am certain we get a Derby cup this week to ,
    ( I was really afraid HD would restart the Derby and opt -in all as they did in a derby a few year ago , a disaster )
    but now I think this is fun .
    Last edited by Lyngby; 4 Days Ago at 01:35 AM.

I agree. This might be the best derby ever. The power derby idea was great until they made the tasks twice as easy. This is a power derby.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    The last horseshoe in my derby is 13,950.
    Which is normal according to wikia for a 5 sized derby.
    We can get that last horseshoe by finishing 8.7 tasks per person at max points so no more tasks needed then a normal derby allows.

Can you tell me what your derby size is ?
    I recall mine to be 2 tasks = first horseshoe (so, about 600?). Derby of 4 people. Either myself or another hoodie generally get the horseshoe by ourselves before the other two even wakes up.
    Last edited by AJ66; 4 Days Ago at 04:20 AM.