Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Derby Glitch - 18 Tasks

Derby task is not loading properly , I have done 4 tasks but only showing up I have done 3 on the derby board 😭😭

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ66 View Post
    I recall mine to be 2 tasks = first horseshoe (so, about 600?). Derby of 4 people. Either myself or another hoodie generally get the horseshoe by ourselves before the other two even wakes up.
    The screenshot you showed earlier are the normal thresholds for a derby size of 4 people for normal derbies with 9 (champions league) free tasks of 320 max points. So in essence theyíre just the normal horseshoe thresholds for a plain old derby.

Now hereís the thing that may be contributing to the confusion.
    In the December 2018 update the horseshoe thresholds were reworked for all derby sizes.
    That seems like a long long time ago already but it isnít that long just yet. Itís not even 2 months later. 2 months during which time weíve had quite a lot of special or themed derbies in which thresholds by definition are different from the normal ones. At one point we had like 3 themed derbies in a row. I remember there being talk about that in my hood. So all in all we havenít had that many regular derbies yet since the thresholds were reworked. Maybe 3 or so ?

Here is what changed with regards to derby thresholds.
    In the old situation you needed a minimum of 4 participants to get the last horseshoe reward. Solo hoods for example couldnít get the last horseshoe reward even if they bought the extra task. And for larger size hoods (4 people and up) getting the last horseshoe especially in the higher leagues was a tad too easy. It was basically a given that with half an effort you could easily get them. Which is kinda strange especially in whatís considered the highest and most difficult league, tha last horseshoe usually with better rewards should require some work.

So they rebalanced the horseshoes, tiny hoods can now reach all the horseshoes (under normal circumstances) but some (like solo hoods) are required to buy the extra task at max points to get it.
    A 4 people derby can still get all the horseshoes with the free tasks but your point average per task needs to be higher then before to get there as reaching the last horseshoe for larger sized hoods needs more work now as before.

So in conclusion this may explain why you think the horseshoes are different which is understandable given the very few amount of regular derbies since the rebalance. However this does take me back to my original statement when I answered a post and that is that you can still reach all the horseshoes with just the normal amount of tasks of a normal derby. For the horseshoes you donít need to do any extra task at all.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

I think that the real power derby is too easy. OK, so why not making it harder like in this week? Sure, why not. But that would need to be informed beforehand. In our relatively competitive hood (~9/10 finishing as 1st in CL, current rank ~600) there are farmers opted in that were committed to do what regular derby requires but that's all they can do. For our hardcore players (perhaps me included) this is fine and challenge accepted but not for all! And when you try to resolve this conflict in your hood, shall we do others than 320p etc.

Just hate to be hood leader this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MFIC View Post
    People are not crybabies for being upset about this "mistake". My neighborhood is pretty hammer down on getting it done and we generally finish on Wednesday night to Thursday night. We spend too much time on this game to get it done. This "mistake" is going to isolate a large margin of the player base that might already not be thrilled with the requirements to compete.

This doesn't make the game any harder, just increases the amount of time you must spend in it. If you want to place or want to compete, you can bet you are only doing 320 tasks. Considering how many decent 320 tasks you get, multiply by players in the hood, and that lovely 30 minute respawn on the board. You can sleep next week maybe. Unless you want to speed some things up with diamonds..... Hmm..
    Actually, if you are in a hood of 20-25, you donít have to all do 320. That is a misconception. We do 300 plus and have finished first about 4-5 weeks in a row in CL.

Also there is a glitch in the points. no1 and no 2 in our derby did 22 tasks, one has 7049 points and the other 7040, which is the correct amount for 22 tasks, 7049 is not. As I type this I just realize that in my neighbourhood of two, we can do only 18+2=20 tasks?!?

so two errors!

Quote Originally Posted by EstherNatascha View Post
    Also there is a glitch in the points. no1 and no 2 in our derby did 22 tasks, one has 7049 points and the other 7040, which is the correct amount for 22 tasks, 7049 is not. As I type this I just realize that in my neighbourhood of two, we can do only 18+2=20 tasks?!?

so two errors!
    Out of curiosity, have you checked to be sure that they only had 2 players opted-in? And is your NH only 2 players, or 2 opted-in? I saw one person reporting that they were opted in by mistake.

Please take screenshots, and report this to customer support through the game.
    Level 153 (27 Jan 2019)
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you checked to be sure that they only had 2 players opted-in? And is your NH only 2 players, or 2 opted-in? I saw one person reporting that they were opted in by mistake.

Please take screenshots, and report this to customer support through the game.
    terrible mistake... We can do 18x2+2=38 tasks... #redface #verytiredreadyforholiday #mathteachershouldbeabletocount

Quote Originally Posted by EstherNatascha View Post
    terrible mistake... We can do 18x2+2=38 tasks... #redface #verytiredreadyforholiday #mathteachershouldbeabletocount
    Awww! Itís ok. Not like I caught it either. Consider it mystery solved. 😊
    Level 153 (27 Jan 2019)
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Hmmm this means getting ranked down. Again. It would be appreciated if you guys could add an option where the entire neighborhood could opt out of the power derby and derbies like this so that we wouldn't get ranked down.
    Last edited by Andrew78931; 3 Days Ago at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew78931 View Post
    Hmmm this means getting ranked down. Again. It would be appreciated if you guys could add an option where the entire neighborhood could opt out of the power derby and derbies like this so that we wouldn't get ranked down.
    Yeah tell me about it. Would be nice if you could opt out a neighborhood and not lose rank.