Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stopping Engineered play once and for all

Fresh Spawn

Stopping Engineered play once and for all

As I finally started to feel like engineered bases were finally a thing of the past I was sadly mistaken when my clan came face to face with another clan using engineered play to gain the upper hand which cost us the win. Now i find myself here today with an idea i think will put and end to this play style for good. Supercell has implemented the feature which prevents future engineered bases from being created because they need to build every building now before they can upgrade which is great but what isn't great is that there are already thousands of engineered bases already out there in the community that no one plans to upgrade anytime soon and no need to upgrade their already established engineered base. What I believe supercell needs to do next to solve this problem now is to implement a restriction on every engineered base by not allowing them to participate in wars until they have every building available for their town hall already built. This way the bases will end up turning into rushed bases when they want to war or else they can stay engineered, but will not be able to participate in war to gain the upper hand over other clans. I understand a problem which could come from this idea is that newly upgraded town halls would now be unable to participate in war once they upgrade town halls until they purchase their next buildings which could take days or two weeks, so a small work around to that issue could be to force players to buy all available buildings within a town hall level lower than whatever their current town hall level is. For example, making it so you can only participate in war as a new town hall 11 as long as you have all available town hall 10 buildings already built.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Timoshi View Post
    As I finally started to feel like engineered bases were finally a thing of the past I was sadly mistaken when my clan came face to face with another clan using engineered play to gain the upper hand which cost us the win. Now i find myself here today with an idea i think will put and end to this play style for good. Supercell has implemented the feature which prevents future engineered bases from being created because they need to build every building now before they can upgrade which is great but what isn't great is that there are already thousands of engineered bases already out there in the community that no one plans to upgrade anytime soon and no need to upgrade their already established engineered base. What I believe supercell needs to do next to solve this problem now is to implement a restriction on every engineered base by not allowing them to participate in wars until they have every building available for their town hall already built. This way the bases will end up turning into rushed bases when they want to war or else they can stay engineered, but will not be able to participate in war to gain the upper hand over other clans. I understand a problem which could come from this idea is that newly upgraded town halls would now be unable to participate in war once they upgrade town halls until they purchase their next buildings which could take days or two weeks, so a small work around to that issue could be to force players to buy all available buildings within a town hall level lower than whatever their current town hall level is. For example, making it so you can only participate in war as a new town hall 11 as long as you have all available town hall 10 buildings already built.
    You "understand a problem which could come from this idea", and yet you think it acceptable.

That problem you dismiss so easily would be far worse than the current situation.

The problem has nearly disappeared, and will only get smaller as time goes on. SC don't really need to do anything more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Timoshi View Post
    This common idea is far inferior to allowing them to war, but giving them the defensive weight equal to the max defensive weight of one hall below.

However, the matchmaker is so much better now than it used to be that it isn’t nearly the problem it once was. For veteran players the problem will continue to shrink as more people move to th12 and eventually th13. By the time th14 hits engineering will be a thing of the past for veteran players.

Unfortunately, for new players working their way through th11 they will continue to face engineers (the new matchmaker is much better, but it isn’t perfect). I would support the minimum weight system, but I don’t push for it nearly like I used to since the matchmaker is so much better now.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.