Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Training portions are back??

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I really cannot understand how anybody could think "they've been scrapping the bottom of the barrel lately for every penny they can get out of us".
    Said Ajax as he glanced across at his limited edition polystone gold variant archer queen statue that he bought in response to the 20th in game notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

I really cannot understand how anybody could think "they've been scrapping the bottom of the barrel lately for every penny they can get out of us".

They have given us ridiculous amounts of free stuff in the last year to 18 months. It is way easier now to upgrade your village reasonably quickly FOR FREE than it was before Clan Games came along.
    Listen, and understand! That Engineer is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until your win streak is broken.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    Said Ajax as he glanced across at his limited edition polystone gold variant archer queen statue that he bought in response to the 20th in game notification.
    I really need to turn that webcam off
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Can’t believe how much some folks on here whinge about not getting enough freebies! Back when I were a lad, when men were men and women rode side-saddle, you got nowt for free. You farmed it or you gemmed it. No potions, no books and definitely no hammers. Youth today! They don’t know they’re born!

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Can’t believe how much some folks on here whinge about not getting enough freebies! Back when I were a lad, when men were men and women rode side-saddle, you got nowt for free. You farmed it or you gemmed it. No potions, no books and definitely no hammers. Youth today! They don’t know they’re born!
    I agree, but on the other hand this issue is a little different. Personally, I spend more gems when they offer those training potions more often. It’s a good deal so its worth buying it every time I see it. Now that it comes up less often, I spend less gems. Perhaps SC has some sort of analysis that shows I am not the usual and they actually make more money by offering it less often because people will spend even more gems on boosting without the potion.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

What I don't like or understand is the cycle they're offered in.
    Sometimes you get them for several days in a row and other times you get none for several days.
    Maybe to add that element of randomness to the cycle or to incite us to buy them knowing they won't be offered for a few days, but I would at least hope they're distributed once every two days, if there are no plans to make them more frequent.

They have given us ridiculous amounts of free stuff in the last year to 18 months. It is way easier now to upgrade your village reasonably quickly FOR FREE than it was before Clan Games came along.
    -Not being able to boost one thing at a time. (Granted this has been gone for a while, but still)
    -The shovel.
    -Having to buy extra war base layouts.
    -Having to buy the 'special decorations' now such as the frosty snowman, or the golden pig.
    -The power potion, the +5 level hero boost...heck, all magical items in general.
    -The trader.
    -Not being able to stack potions anymore.
    -The constant bait and switch with troops.
    -The constant bombardment of special offers in the shop. (Yes I know they can be turned off)

....thats all I could think of off the top of my head but theres probably more.

I'm honestly surprised they havent tried to sell us an extra builder for the builder base yet, or a 3rd war attack (just kidding, lol)

Sure we get 4.3 gems per day out of the mine and an obstacle every 8 hours or so and a gem box every few days, I wouldnt exactly call that 'ridiculous' though.

It definitely is easier and faster to upgrade your base now, and thats part of the problem. People upgrade so fast now they've barely gotten used to a th level before they're on to the next. Sure being a max th12 is fun, but if you didnt spend enough time at th10 and 11 to learn the basics, its dramatically less fun at th12.

It just kinda seems like SuperCell is going down the same microtransaction rabbit hole that you see a lot of console game companies embracing. And yes I'm fully aware that clash is free to play and SuperCell need to make money, its just they never seemed to nickel and dime us in the past like they are trying to doing now.
    Last edited by dayone; 1 Week Ago at 11:03 PM.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv17, 636 fair play wins and counting...

Although I'm not complaining about the new trader cycles. But i do miss the more frequent training potion on trader

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    -Not being able to boost one thing at a time. (Granted this has been gone for a while, but still)
    -The shovel.
    -Having to buy extra war base layouts.
    -Having to buy the 'special decorations' now such as the frosty snowman, or the golden pig.
    -The power potion, the +5 level hero boost...heck, all magical items in general.
    -The trader.
    -The constant bait and switch with troops.
    -The constant bombardment of special offers in the shop. (Yes I know they can be turned off)

....thats all I could think of off the top of my head but theres probably more.

I'm honestly surprised they havent tried to sell us an extra builder for the builder base yet, or a 3rd war attack (just kidding, lol)

Sure we get 4.3 gems per day out of the mine and an obstacle every 8 hours or so and a gem box every few days, I wouldnt exactly call that 'ridiculous' though.

It definitely is easier and faster to upgrade your base now, and thats part of the problem. People upgrade so fast now they've barely gotten used to a th level before they're on to the next. Sure being a max th12 is fun, but if you didnt spend enough time at th10 and 11 to learn the basics, its dramatically less fun at th12.

It just kinda seems like SuperCell is going down the same microtransaction rabbit hole that you see a lot of console game companies embracing. And yes I'm fully aware that clash is free to play and SuperCell need to make money, its just they never seemed to nickel and dime us in the past like they are trying to doing now.
    You overlook the many ways you can get the items (except extra war bases and decorations) without paying. Clan games and events provide a steady flow of potions and books. Hammers let you do stuff without even farming. From my perspective, they brought things to a point where it's attractive to buy a few things. When I first started, I saw absolute 0 value in buying gems. Or spending them. I think I had 16k saved up. 1k for 1 hero, nope. I'll wait. Never bought a decoration. Snowman was my first. 3$ for it and shovels, I'm in. Piggy didn't appeal so I skipped. We still get free obstacles and the decorations are no different different than earlier limited time statues. Bottom line for me, I don't feel like I need to spend but they are branching out and offering things that appeal to me. Other offers appeal to different players. That's a good thing.

Or let us buy them with medals.
    Come see me for seige machines: #28Y8QVG2V
    Save money on sunscreen by hanging in legends
    #​MAGA