Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Solution for the clouds

Solution for the clouds

It is very annoying to have to wait for minutes at a time, JUST to find a base. I have an idea on how SuperCell could limit or eliminate the amount of time a player has to wait, in order to simply find a base to attack.

The solution?

Make it open season for any lvl TH to attack any TH lower than them (with appropriate penalties applied, of course).

Using a TH 8 for illustration of how the change would be applied:

This change would NOT, however, make a TH 8 have to attack a TH11+ though. The restriction of only being able to attack THs 2 lvls higher or less would still be in effect. However, those same TH 8s would now be allowed to be crushed by 11s and 12s.

I mean, if TH 8s or 7s or 9s etc. are already high in trophies, their bases will be blasted regardless of what TH lvl attacks them.

This update would likely reduce the waiting time to find a base, to a much lesser amount. It is ridiculous that someone with even just 4400 trophies has to wait a lengthy amount of time to find a matchup.

Any thoughts? PLEASE read the ENTIRE post before commenting.
    Last edited by XCdude96; 1 Week Ago at 06:36 PM.

Forum Contender
    Minutes? Ha! Try hours. I think that the lower level town halls won’t be very happy with this nor will many legends players. Hard to get trophies from a th that is 4000 below you. But ultimately, SC has a fix planned and it should drop this year. I’ll happily wait in the clouds until then. I also see zero fun in attacking a th9 as a maxed 12.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    This would not make the slightest difference to clouds, because they don't normally exist below Titans league, and from Champions upwards, there are already no restrictions on which TH levels can be attacked.

The only reason a TH12 doesn't see TH8s there is that they don't get that high in significant numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

If I understand the proposal correctly, the answer is: Would change nothing because already in the game. At higher (clouded) leagues, you can be matched to lower players. As a 12, I have been offered 9s on a few occasions. The lower league matching restrictions go out the window at higher leagues.

Clouding in Titans and Legends is not due to "many 12s looking while many 10s are available". It is because many bases are looking for an opponent at all TH levels while few are available at all TH levels.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 06:28 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    If I understand the proposal correctly, the answer is: Would change nothing because already in the game. At higher (clouded) leagues, you can be matched to lower players. As a 12, I have been offered 9s on a few occasions. The lower league matching restrictions go out the window at higher leagues.

Clouding in Titans and Legends is not due to "many 12s looking while many 10s are available". It is because many bases are looking for an opponent at all TH levels while few are available at all TH levels.
    Ok. If there's such a lack of bases to attack, then WHY are there 125,000+ accounts that have are in legends league EVERY season?

Just saying...

Forum Contender
    Quote Originally Posted by XCdude96 View Post
    Ok. If there's such a lack of bases to attack, then WHY are there 125,000+ accounts that have are in legends league EVERY season?

Just saying...
    Because the majority of them are under shield or gaurd. Clouds are caused by players being able to preform many attacks while only taking one defense, then they are safely shielded again. You could add a million players to legends and it would just get that much worse. There would be that many more players using multiple attacks while only defending once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Because the majority of them are under shield or gaurd. Clouds are caused by players being able to preform many attacks while only taking one defense, then they are safely shielded again. You could add a million players to legends and it would just get that much worse. There would be that many more players using multiple attacks while only defending once.
    Then maybe guards should go. Something's gotta be done to eliminate the wait time.

Forum Contender
    Then maybe guards should go. Something's gotta be done to eliminate the wait time.
    That might help a little but it wouldn’t fix anything. You would still be able to attack 3-4 times with only one defense. FWIW, you are right. SC does need to do something about clouds. Luckily, they know this and are working on update informally known as “operation blue skies”. It is supposed to be released first half of this year. They are planning on completely changing the way legends league works. How? No one knows but the developers. But they have shared that it will come this year and that legends mechanics will be completely changed. Until then, I hang out around 5100 cups. It’s still a short wait but usually not more than 5 minutes. Players over 6000 can wait for hours or even a whole day!

Just saying...
    It is because they are looking, but not available. Unlike lower leagues, there are no dead, inactive, and low activity bases to "feed upon". High activity pushes a base to Titans, and keeps it there. Once activity drops, it is beaten down to lower leagues.

Let us look at a player in Legends. As soon as they are in the pool they are attacked and shielded. Let us say they are 2 starred and receive an 12 hour Shield time. The player rides out the 12 hour Shield, then attacks during the 4 hour Guard time. That means for each 16 hour period, for each and every one time they are in the availability pool, in turn they are all dipping into that same pool 4 times. Think of it like a bank". If everyone puts $1 into the pot each day, yet wants to take out $6 per day, the pot will empty quickly. You then have 20 people waiting for the next 1$ to be thrown in so they may be the lucky one to grab it. So they are all clouded, waiting for that next 1$.

(I need to learn to type and think faster. These threads change quickly!)

Suggested Reading ..... https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...osed-Solutions
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 06:56 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Just saying...
    There are more than that, but it doesn't matter. Accounts trying to get more attacks than defenses make clouds worse. More of them causes more clouds, not less. Anyway, your proposal already exists in the game. There is no hall restriction at upper trophy levels.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.