Thread: Derby Suggestion

Derby Suggestion

I play another town game and in that game we are able to reserve 1 task at a time for 12 hours. I don't know about you but have you set up for a longer task and as soon as you are ready to get it someone either took it or much worse dumped it? That happens daily to me. That reserve feature would be great so you can set up for a longer task while doing some easier ones.

Hi MandaPanda and welcome to the forum!

While in theory it sounds great, and has been suggested previously, a NH of 30 players would have a difficult time working the derby if there were reserved tasks. With only 12 tasks on the board it would bring the derby to a halt if all or half were reserved.

If you are in a smallish NH you can communicate with your hoodmates and ask that they leave a particular task. My NH often does this, especially if one of us wants to prep a task they will do overnight, such as growing strawberries.

Using the chat can be difficult if your NH likes to talk. We use Kik, and it really helps us. You can suggest something like this to the leader.
    Last edited by Momscar; 6 Days Ago at 02:27 PM.
    Level 153 (27 Jan 2019)
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Hi MandaPanda and welcome to the forum!

While in theory it sounds great, and has been suggested previously, a NH of 30 players would have a difficult time working the derby if there were reserved tasks. With only 12 tasks on the board it would bring the derby to a halt if all or half were reserved.

If you are in a smallish NH you can communicate with your hoodmates and ask that they leave a particular task. My NH often does this, especially if one of us wants to prep a task they will do overnight, such as growing strawberries.

Using the chat can be difficult if your NH likes to talk. We use Kik, and it really helps us. You can suggest something like this to the leader.
    a reserved task doesn't have to stay on the board, but can slot in under your current task.
    This would make a derby so much less frustrating.