Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black screen of death

Black screen of death

I’m just wondering what this issue is... and if there is a plan to patch it soon... it happens to me off an in all the time, where when I try to start the game, a black screen is all that shows... this has been going on for about a week. Luckily for me, the longest I have been locked out has been like 20 minutes. A friend in another clan was locked out for almost 2 full days, causing him to miss a scwl hit even... I have not seen any acknowledgement by sc of this problem. People have just been left hanging without even an “we are aware of the issue, and are working on a solution”... is there a reason this issue is not being addressed?

have you tryed the common steps?

- clear cache
    - clear ram
    - turn off background apps
    - restart device
    - make sure you run the latest os
    - make sure you have the latest clash update
    - make sure your internet is good enough
    - uninstall and download the game again

I have, and after re starting my device it has fixed it... but it’s not working for everyone. Lots of people are posting about it, but from what I have seen, sc hasn’t acknowledged it’s even an issue. It is happening on both ios and android devices... so it doesn’t seem like it is device related? My buddy tried all the common fixes and was not able to get in for 2 days. Seems like it’s an issue on supercells end?

the only time i see a black screen for few seconds is when i have low internet connection. than i have black screen before "supercell" logo appears.

It has only started in the past week that it has affected me. And I would not have bothered to post about it if my buddy wasn’t locked out for 2 days. I have been clashing at the same location, and just started getting the issue recently. Also lots of other posts here in the past week. I don’t see any later than that... so leads me to believe it’s a new issue. Something tells me there will be a maintenance break eventually, and the issue will magically stop...
    Last edited by Clash8675; February 8th, 2019 at 06:20 PM.

i have only seen two threads and in one of them it was fixed by itself and was most likely a server side issue in that region. no maintenance was needed.

DeputyDonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    the only time i see a black screen for few seconds is when i have low internet connection. than i have black screen before "supercell" logo appears.
    I see this when im switching networks. Sometimes it stays with a black screen untill I reboot my device (ios12. Iphone 7)

My friend had posted on Twitter about it, and said many other people were posting there too, and not being acknowledged... I also am involved in multiple discord groups where people are stating it’s happening to them to. Yea re starting your phone works for some people, but this issue is an issue now, and wasn’t before. And the common fixes are not helping everyone, sometimes it’s just a game of “keep trying” till you get lucky. Obviously there is an underlying reason. I guess it’s possible that iOS and android phones miraculously developed the exact same bug at the exact same time... would explain why sc isn’t involving themselves in the solution, or acknowledging it’s even a coc issue. I guess we need to find a forum for iOS and android. They may have stopped supporting coc without realizing it... and here we are bugging sc on their forums...

What do you use to play Clash of Clans; Wi-Fi or Mobile Data?

Wishing everyone a Happy Merry Christmas this month.... Everybody stay safe and fine. ENJOY. :)
    I see black screen for 2 seconds..
    This particularly happens when the internet is very slow, or you do not have enough RAM and storage space...
    RETIRED ROYALER,RETIRED BOOMER,
    ACTIVE CLASHER
    Clash account- Souvik (new TH 9)
    Youtube channel-BEASTBOYSHUB(in Hindi, not English)