Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CWL - Set minimum thresholds to mitigate sandbagging

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    You dont need to try and distinguish one from the other, if you are looking to reward rather than penalise.
    The way to do that, is to make it beneficial to play as high as possible.

The clans that actually need that weight buffer due to lacking skills will still be there, as they wont have the ability to climb any higher.
    But the more skilled clan would be rewarded for moving up, so I would expect them to do so.

Medals, and how they are distributed is ruling the game. even after only 5 seasons that is obvious (except at the top of the tree).
    So if they wish to move the game in a particular direction, then medal allotment is key to achieving the desired effect.
    Can't make the rewards better at the top, could only make medals worse below since rewards in general are already good. The caveat in this is the some lower clans might not do CWL
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Can't make the rewards better at the top, could only make medals worse below since rewards in general are already good. The caveat in this is the some lower clans might not do CWL
    The examples in my thread don't require changing the medal amounts around that much, but do require making them no longer tied to wins/stars. They instead should be tied to tier and place.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The examples in my thread don't require changing the medal amounts around that much, but do require making them no longer tied to wins/stars. They instead should be tied to tier and place.
    And I am backing the proposal for much the same reasons as 2222.
    Bonus and personal medals are what are distorting the seasonal haul.
    Realign the reward payment, and you can give out the same total, but also ensure that it is promoting an effort to move up if a bigger reward/farming medals is the desire.
    Whether they further distribute the allowance to include the full roster, or simply the 15 man team is another debate in itself, but the clan total should always be more for placing higher in any scenario.
    Even seeding high would be a minor issue compared to the present system, since scoring to collect would require effort, and rotating clans would be much more difficult to achieve, as well as not negatively impacting on smaller clans enjoyment of the system.

All good so far as I can see.

It's hard to tell bad players from sandbaggers. In last CWL, our clan was (On paper) at a severe disadvantage in 5 of 7 wars. We beat 3 of the 5 "tougher clans". The 3 "tough clans" we beat suffered from inactivity, wasted attacks, or were just really bad attackers. In one war, an enemy TH7 one-starred a TH5 that had already been 3-starred by an enemy TH8

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    It's hard to tell bad players from sandbaggers. In last CWL, our clan was (On paper) at a severe disadvantage in 5 of 7 wars. We beat 3 of the 5 "tougher clans". The 3 "tough clans" we beat suffered from inactivity, wasted attacks, or were just really bad attackers. In one war, an enemy TH7 one-starred a TH5 that had already been 3-starred by an enemy TH8
    As said in another thread, you only need to distinguish between the two if you are looking to punish.
    If, instead of looking to punish those that sandbag, you simply reward those that play higher, then the problem for the most part will be solved.
    Of course there would still be those looking for easy wins, but the farming issue would be solved.
    And since there is nothing worthwhile to be had from trolling cwl, apart from medals, then those sandbaggers would be few and far between.

i will add, that farmers arent trolling. They are gaining the best medal haul possible from the current system.
    But take that away, and there is no reason to be purposely beating up on smaller clans in a lower tier.

This is a big factor in my belief that cwl seasons shouldnt be recorded, aka win streaks in regular spin.
    Tier level and medal rewards should be all that matters, and reset with each season (prior data erased/overwritten). No glory except how far up the ladder you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal2013 View Post
    Agreed, which is why I think the better way to address it is through the rewards system:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...wards-Problems
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+, while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Expand trophy range for matching down by 500 cups, reduce matching up by 500. Other suggested changes found here.