Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SICK and TIRED of not being able to chat normally w/ other English-speaking clashers

Unhappy SICK and TIRED of not being able to chat normally w/ other English-speaking clashers

Dear Supercell, I very much doubt you read these feature requests. Ah well, I'm going to give it a try.

I'm from Indonesia, so I don't speak English in real life, and my English is really not that good. But please hear me out.

I play many video games where I can interract with other people from all over the world. It's a great way to improve my English skills.

But.................

On Clash of Clans, when you go to the settings, and pick English as the language, you should've expected the global chat to be in English. So that you can interract with international clashers.

But noo.............

It's actually full of locals talking in their language!!!!! Which I truly despise, because I secretly hate my own language!!

So my only options to speak to other clashers from around the world are to join an international clan and to change the language to Norsk. But Norsk's global chat is not as great as it used to be when it's mostly for high league international players to chill in.

Noo..!

Norsk's global is now filled with mostly Indians talking in Hindis, Paks, Indos!!!!!, and other clashers.

The solution to this is very simple, make an English-speaking international global chat! Don't merge English channel with local channel.. that's not cool Supercell..! This is honestly the only game I play where English chat is for locals instead of English speakers.
    Last edited by LetGoMyWalls; February 8th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

If you'd step out of your house and eavesdrop on someone, it's likely they'd be speaking in the local language and not in English.

It's not that diferent in Global. I don't really know what you're trying to say here; unless you want Supercell to add a translator? That'd be great, but is it really that necessary?

Inb4 some Indians or anyone else gets offended by my post....
    I have some really great Indian friends, who are on my social in COC, and they also speak good English. I just wish that other Indians or other nationals know NOT to speak their local languages in English-speaking clan, channel, etc!
    And as I said, not only Indians, many of my fellow Indonesians speak their language even after they were warned by the clan leaders not to. They just don't understand English that good. Sigh...
    And imagine someone else talking about your performance in war in a language you don't speak.
    Anyway this is going out of topic.

What this thread suggests that I and I believe many other clashers from all around the world wants:
    An international global chat for English speakers only.

Something like the Norsk's global chat but anyone who doesn't speak English gets the ban hammer!
    Maxed out TH 12 with over 3k war stars, PB 6303 trophies, based in Bali - Indonesia. Don't assume anything! I'm an Atheist. I'm mostly a vegan. I'm always looking for a better clan, with active donations and mature clashers, so message me your clan ID and I will join you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    If you'd step out of your house and eavesdrop on someone, it's likely they'd be speaking in the local language and not in English.

It's not that diferent in Global. I don't really know what you're trying to say here; unless you want Supercell to add a translator? That'd be great, but is it really that necessary?
    What I'm trying to say is simple, to interract with other people from other countries, is that hard to understand?
    Maxed out TH 12 with over 3k war stars, PB 6303 trophies, based in Bali - Indonesia. Don't assume anything! I'm an Atheist. I'm mostly a vegan. I'm always looking for a better clan, with active donations and mature clashers, so message me your clan ID and I will join you.

Please do not reply if you don't read my original post properly

Do you want to know what my English's global chat is like?

It's full of uneducated people talking about women, nonsense, stupid politics, religions, politics and religions combined, other nonsense, women again, oh almost forgot, the swear words. Edit: and scammers.

I want English's global chat for international clashers only. Not locals. I don't want norsk's global, I don't want to have to join an international clan just to chat to 20-50 same people. I want to chat with new people, in English.
    Last edited by LetGoMyWalls; February 8th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

If you want English-Global so badly, you're better off contacting Supercell. The English-Global is not that different, mind me. I also suggest you read on the Global-incidents that happen, they aren't that good.

My apologies for not reading the thread well, I have grown quite old to comprehend properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    If you want English-Global so badly, you're better off contacting Supercell. The English-Global is not that different, mind me. I also suggest you read on the Global-incidents that happen, they aren't that good.

My apologies for not reading the thread well, I have grown quite old to comprehend properly.
    Badly? no, not really. I've been playing this game since 2014. It's only to be expected that the chat is for English speakers since the language is set to ENGLISH. Do you not understand?

I play many other games, buddy. For example, World of Tanks, they have many different language channels for people to chat. And on English channel, people are required to speak English, or they get muted.

I do agree with OP it would be nice to have one chat option that everyone in the world can access. However, it most likely would NOT be all in English given even the English specific global are often not English. I’ve often wondered how the English global would be if all words not recognized in the English language were censored out like profanity is. It would be a bit of work for some to have to type full words with correct spelling, but the biggest problem probably would be words or abbreviations that are well known for clash of clans but not for an automated dictionary.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I do agree with OP it would be nice to have one chat option that everyone in the world can access. However, it most likely would NOT be all in English given even the English specific global are often not English. I’ve often wondered how the English global would be if all words not recognized in the English language were censored out like profanity is. It would be a bit of work for some to have to type full words with correct spelling, but the biggest problem probably would be words or abbreviations that are well known for clash of clans but not for an automated dictionary.
    No, it's not necessary to censor words when you can hire chat moderators like in many other games these days. Many would volunteer in a heart beat. Heck, I'd volunteer, lol.