Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SICK and TIRED of not being able to chat normally w/ other English-speaking clashers

Forum Champion
    I was under the impression that the global chat network is set up by AWS (Amazon Web Services). I don’t think SC has the control over global that some may think. I’d venture that unless AWS offers something similar to what you want, that it won’t happen because it’s not an available option. I’d also add that, even if this was offered, what’s to stop others from posting in a language other than English? If it gets popular enough, like Norsk once was, everyone will want to go there regardless of the language they prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I was under the impression that the global chat network is set up by AWS (Amazon Web Services). I don’t think SC has the control over global that some may think. I’d venture that unless AWS offers something similar to what you want, that it won’t happen because it’s not an available option. I’d also add that, even if this was offered, what’s to stop others from posting in a language other than English? If it gets popular enough, like Norsk once was, everyone will want to go there regardless of the language they prefer.
    As I said in my post above yours, there is an easy fix. Hire chat moderators. Many would volunteer, trust me. And power abuse may result with losing their mod status or even their accounts getting perma banned.

To volunteer as chat moderator, one must go through some verification proccess and have their ID ready. You don't want moody teenagers muting people..
    Maxed out TH 12 with over 3k war stars, PB 6303 trophies, based in Bali - Indonesia. Don't assume anything! I'm an Atheist. I'm mostly a vegan. I'm always looking for a better clan, with active donations and mature clashers, so message me your clan ID and I will join you.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    They aren't going to hire chat moderators. It wouldn't be practical anyhow, they would need a stupid number of them.

It may work in smaller games, where there really is just one global messaging area. But global in CoC is really dozens of separate servers, with a separate chat on each. And it has to be that way when 10s of millions play the game every day. Even if only 0.1% of players go on global, we are still talking tens of thousands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Ajax, I guess you don't play World of Tanks . Both the PC and mobile version. I wouldn't call those small games. And it's the 8th most played game in EU and NA. Both have chat moderators. You break the rules, you get muted for 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks to permanent mute.
    Maxed out TH 12 with over 3k war stars, PB 6303 trophies, based in Bali - Indonesia. Don't assume anything! I'm an Atheist. I'm mostly a vegan. I'm always looking for a better clan, with active donations and mature clashers, so message me your clan ID and I will join you.