Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Derby chat against other players

I really don't think that having this little tid-bit of fun communication between NHs would be that negative. This is an example of the options from Clash Royal and they are harmless, which I think Super Cell did a good job with and they probably could come up with little race oriented sayings that would be fun and a little competitive.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by intricatelovee; February 8th, 2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intricatelovee View Post
    I really don't think that having this little tid-bit of fun communication between NHs would be that negative. This is an example of the options from Clash Royal and they are harmless, which I think Super Cell did a good job with and they probably could come up with little race oriented sayings that would be fun and a little competitive.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I could support this type of communication between NHs, maybe without the “Oops”.

The talking ‘smack’ is what I really oppose. Within a NH where you know who you are playing with, I get that. However, between NHs that can be from a different culture, speak a different language etc, I see no value.

I wonder how many people actually look to see who they are competing with. I do not. Our NH plays with a strategy in mind, to do the best we can. Some weeks it’s for the top 3, other weeks it’s just for all the horseshoes, and still others are just to stay out of the bottom 3.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatik View Post
    I do not support any violence, and in HD at all. "Connemara" probably thought the way of communication at Clash Royal. I understand that. That's why I added support.
    I guess just leave it as it is then ,to bad what is called talking smack is violence . I'll stick to the real thing, a real farm where real things happen with horses and cows and dogs . Leave HD to the fantasy. 🌈

For those who were not on the Clash Royale forum, there was much heated discussion with what was perceived by many as bullying behaviour. That is why SC finally allowed people to opt out. The players who wanted it argued that by allowing others to opt out, the fun was ruined. Sending a crying emoji - or as was happening in the game numerous crying ones or several laughing ones- was annoying. In real life, I neither put up with this type of childish behaviour nor would I ever participate in it. If I somehow made it to the bottom 3, I really do not need nor want 15 farmers laughing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    For those who were not on the Clash Royale forum, there was much heated discussion with what was perceived by many as bullying behaviour. That is why SC finally allowed people to opt out. The players who wanted it argued that by allowing others to opt out, the fun was ruined. Sending a crying emoji - or as was happening in the game numerous crying ones or several laughing ones- was annoying. In real life, I neither put up with this type of childish behaviour nor would I ever participate in it. If I somehow made it to the bottom 3, I really do not need nor want 15 farmers laughing at me.
    I can see how it might be perceived as bullying but its all part of the game and should be taken with light humor. If someone doesn't like someone laughing or crying over and over in the Clash battle and it affects someone so personally to feel "bullied" then simply turn it off that's what the opt out feature is for and why they found it necessary but others who can play a game and keep it a game and not have a game affect their life in such away that they won't feel attacked by a random person on a game, they can have fun with the little goof off emojis in the battle. I think taking it to a level to call it bullying is too much.

In any case I don't think that the Clash Royal options would fit right in to Hay Day. I do think more encouraging options would be appropriate or the one that was suggested "Catch me if you can." would be fun. There's other options that I'm sure Super Cell could come up with in a way to avoid what could be perceived bulling. Also they could put a limit on it like once or twice a day a NH could send out a little message to other NHs in the derby with a little fun note on how the race is going.
    Last edited by intricatelovee; February 9th, 2019 at 04:21 AM.

I would not like this and would not use it at all.

Farm Level 179. Town 55. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I wouldn’t like it and don’t think it’s right for HD. There are plenty of other games you can play with this kind of stuff.

This is kind of ‘humour’ is a ‘know your audience’ type of thing. Things like this affect the vibe of a game even if you can turn it off on your screen.

Plus, it’s all space, development & time that could be better spent.
    FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 164 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    I wouldn’t like it and don’t think it’s right for HD. There are plenty of other games you can play with this kind of stuff.

This is kind of ‘humour’ is a ‘know your audience’ type of thing. Things like this affect the vibe of a game even if you can turn it off on your screen.

Long drawn out sigh ......just would like a little humor. Having some fun , being on a real farm with horses we give each other a good laugh ever once in awhile. To much seriousness not enough laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post

I agree 100%.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    "He that pays the piper, calls the tune."
    It would change the vibe for sure and that is not something I want to see happen. Hay Day is my paradise and break from real life.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner