Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL point spread for bonus medals

CWL point spread for bonus medals

Concept is simple and would benefit clans who have a disadvantage once the war starts (not prep day). For example, team A with 15 th12s faces team B with 10 th15s and 5 th11s. Team B is disadvantaged by 5 actual TH levels. So team A is -5 while team B is +5. What that means is if team B wins they get an extra bonus. Haven’t thought of what would be a realistic bonus but the concept seems fresh and could work. Same example, if the 11s were 10s then team B would be +10. Maybe the point spread (in these examples +5 and +10) would be bonus medals per player in the lineup should the clan win.
    Last edited by Therockcoc; February 7th, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therockcoc View Post
    Concept is simple and would benefit clans who have a disadvantage once the war starts (not prep day). For example, team A with 15 th12s faces team B with 10 th15s and 5 th11s. Team B is disadvantaged by 5 actual TH levels. So team A is -5 while team B is +5. What that means is if team B wins they get an extra bonus. Haven’t thought of what would be a realistic bonus but the concept seems fresh and could work. Same example, if the 11s were 10s then team B would be +10. Maybe the point spread (in these examples +5 and +10) would be bonus medals per player in the lineup should the clan win.

So our second team is 0/7/8 BD, facing th12's regularly on the other side, a good number of the th12's are scoring 1 stars on our 11's meanwhile our 11's are getting 2 stars on the 12's. Would that mean we would get an extra super bonus for crushing weak bases that are a TH level higher?
    Level: 260 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.33 million | Hero Levels: 200
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Therockcoc View Post
    Terrible idea imo So punish those who climb high and face tanking or dropping teams by reducing there medals before an attack is even made

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver81 View Post
    Terrible idea imo So punish those who climb high and face tanking or dropping teams by reducing there medals before an attack is even made
    Maybe Iím misunderstanding your reply, but it wouldnít be punishing those who climb high at all. Itís rewarding those who happen to beat a heavily favored matchup, spefically based on TH level. For instance, clan 1 has all th 12 and clan 2 all th 11. Just as an example, clan 2 is a heavy underdog by 12 townhall levels. If they win they are rewarded extra. If team 1 wins, itís business as usual.

Reason #1 I am against: Why is TH Level equated to any advantage or disadvantage? I have seen highly rushed 12s in these wars, a 12 who has heros lower than many TH9s and all defenses rushed, low level.

Reason #2 I am against: Yes, Engineered Bases have a favorable impact in regular wars, they manipulate matching. That is fine, but I am against anything that also would make them viable, or give them any extra reward, in CWL.

Reason #3 I am against: CWL is true team competition, bottom of roster to top. Would it make sense for the NBA for example to reward shorter players who have to defend taller players? Of couse not.

Regardless of roster composition, there is some tier that each team belongs. Nobody needs a "handicap".
    Last edited by rowman; February 7th, 2019 at 12:25 PM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    If the game had mandatory build items similar to builder base before upgrading, then... MAYBE TH lvl would mean something, but as others have pointed out - TH itself isn't always a strength indication. Certainly can be, but not always.

My 12x TH12s and 3x TH11s beat the all TH12 lineups we're facing about half the time now in CWL.

11s that war with mostly TH12 clans seem to be fairly tough and legit. My mini is in a mostly dead clan that does 5v5 wars with a hodgepodge of THs, and my TH9 has 3* 10s and 11s - there are a lot of recreational TH lvls that have nothing to do with actual strength or ability. (Yea, not CWL specifically, but if those guys were in CWL, their TH means nothing)

Maybe use your formula as a 2nd tie breaker after stars and % - if both the same, lower total TH levels would win - this might discourage even more the rushers, but who knows.
    Last edited by twister; February 7th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.