Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ruled out "For the Time Being"?

Question Ruled out "For the Time Being"?

So, I am a long time player (going on year 6). This is my first time posting to a forum on here, and I was just wondering...

Recently I had an idea and I did some research to come up with evidence about a resource donation system, but I see that any idea related to "donating resources" has not only been ruled out, but can get this tread deleted. To post my idea knowing that it will likely be deleted seems like a waste of time. So, I have 2 questions.

1. Is there a way that we can suggest these ruled out ideas in order to possibly get them "ruled in"?
    2. How would I go about doing that?

This idea I have had may have very well been suggested before, and if it has been and was rejected, that is fine by me. However, I have given this a lot of thought, and have some numbers to back my idea up, so I just wanted to offer this suggestion, in hopes of making the game better. Like I said, long time player, and I am enjoying the game now more than ever. I don't want to see the economy break .

Oh, and, by the way, I'm not some Town Hall 8 that wants to transfer 100,000 Dark Elixir from my Town Hall 10 account to my lower one...that would 100% break the game. In fact, I found myself on the other side of that equation recently (wanting to give loot, not receive), but also not wanting to destroy the economy. I'd love to share my thoughts!

I myself think of the "Ruled Out" List as more a list of: "For Heavens Sake, Do we Need to Hear This Yet Again? Please Children, be Quiet in the Back Seat and Stop Bothering Us"!

So some things on the list we may never see ("Mom! Dad! I want a pony!!!"). Others we may see someday, but they have not targeted for development at this time.

Look at the positive. By something being on that list is them acknowledging that people want it. Do not make the erroneous assumption that there are some particular reason that they outright rejected the idea to begin with.
    Last edited by rowman; February 5th, 2019 at 08:50 PM.

There are ideas that were once ruled out but later got into the game, like the Gem Mine added to the Builder Base, but for anything still listed on ruled out list, it's probably best to just leave it at that and not try to work around the idea and hope it doesn't get removed.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Everything on the ruled out list has been suggested before, frequently.

To an extent, what Rowman says is right. It is more a "We don't need to hear this yet again when it isn't inn our current plans" than being "we will never consider it".

Though this particular one, I can't see ever coming off the list. If it isn't going to break the economy, it would have to be so restricted as to be almost useless.

Ok, thank you all!

And, Ajax, that is, in part, what my idea was. To introduce the ability to donate loot, but to restrict it greatly. However, I don't think it would be useless. In short (very short...I have 5 pages of numbers and explanation), at TH9, you could request a maximum of either: 1) 250,000 Gold, 2) 250,000 Elixir, or 3) 2,500 Dark Elixir every 12 hours. Now, on the receiving end, I agree that seems fairly useless, but every little bit helps. However, when I came up with the idea, like I said, my storages were bulging. So, the thought of being able to donate 1 or 2 million Gold/Elixir and 10,000-15,000 Dark Elixir in just a few hours was appealing to say the least. (I'm OCD, so sitting with full storages and not being able to use the loot annoys me ).

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier2 View Post
    Ok, thank you all!

And, Ajax, that is, in part, what my idea was. To introduce the ability to donate loot, but to restrict it greatly. However, I don't think it would be useless. In short (very short...I have 5 pages of numbers and explanation), at TH9, you could request a maximum of either: 1) 250,000 Gold, 2) 250,000 Elixir, or 3) 2,500 Dark Elixir every 12 hours. Now, on the receiving end, I agree that seems fairly useless, but every little bit helps. However, when I came up with the idea, like I said, my storages were bulging. So, the thought of being able to donate 1 or 2 million Gold/Elixir and 10,000-15,000 Dark Elixir in just a few hours was appealing to say the least. (I'm OCD, so sitting with full storages and not being able to use the loot annoys me ).
    And that is precisely why it would destroy the economy.

Those bulging storages are available to be looted. If you could get rid of a million or two, that would be significant loot taken out of the economy.

How very true! I hadn't actually thought about that. I knew there had to be a reason why, otherwise it would already be in the game.