Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why supercell why?!??

Fresh Spawn

Why supercell why?!??

Ok here is the problem, I went inactive and supercell demoted me to co-leader and promoted a member instead of my co-leader to the new “leader”. Support then proceeded to tell me that it happened because I was inactive and it could potentially cause problems with the derby, well the new “leader” doesn’t chat or participate in any derby’s since they joined. No thread I can see states I should’ve been demoted by supercell, and now they don’t even respond to my request for support they simply close EVERY request for support I send immediately.

In a previous maintenance/update a change was made that is any leader that is inactive for 4 weeks will be demoted and leadership will be given to the co-leader or next in line that has been in the NH the longest. This has been made to help NH’s that have been abandoned by leaders and leaving no one in charge and no ability to manage the NH.

* You will need to try and contact the new leader and ask if they would step down and give you back leader status.
    * Accept the demotion, especially if you will go inactive again in the near future.
    * Restart a new NH with you as leader.

if you regain leadership the you need to have a member you can make co-leader that you can trust & transfer leadership to if you’ll be inactive for a month or more that will give you back leadership when you return.

Sorry that your discovering this now. We had many experience similar problems with leadership being transferred to members that don’t communicate through chat when this new feature rolled out. You’re not alone. You could try continued tickets to SuperCell support but if it were me I’d likely start a new NH.

You were inactive. If the new leader is inactive, they will be demoted by SC in an appropriate amount of time.

Fresh Spawn
    New leader doesn’t chat, or participate in derby’s, which support tells me is the biggest reason for the change. As for start a new neighbourhood I created this one so I won’t be leaving, I always don’t accept the demotion, they took it away they can give it back. My co-leader didn’t even get the promotion supercell prompted a regular member to leader!!

Hopefully your current leader will be demoted soon. If not you may have no alternative but to all leave and start a new NH
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

Firstly i think SC should contact the Leader before demoting a Leader, - holidays, work commitments etc can all be a part of why a leader is inactive, SC have our email addresses, so why cant they contact them before they demote. Not good practice SC, especially when a leader goes to a lot of trouble building a great hood.

Fresh Spawn
    What I “love” about this fiasco, is that supercell is now telling the ORIGINAL LEADER “if you don’t like it, go make a new neighborhood”. Why wasn’t that their motto when they felt the leaders had abandoned their neighborhoods? Why didn’t they just tell the left over players “go build your own neighborhood”? My leader wasn’t playing...true...(honestly, it didn’t affect me) but now I live in fear that this random person, who just joined, and never communicates, will just destroy the neighborhood by kicking all of us out. Wow! This has truly turned out stellar!
    But the part that really iritates me, is when you contact support they lie, don’t admit to the glitch, won’t apologize, and now ignore all communication by closing conversations immediately. Honesty is the best policy. And I am really struggling with your stance on this one Supercell. “If you don’t like it....too bad.”

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by robynkayw View Post
    Firstly i think SC should contact the Leader before demoting a Leader, - holidays, work commitments etc can all be a part of why a leader is inactive, SC have our email addresses, so why cant they contact them before they demote. Not good practice SC, especially when a leader goes to a lot of trouble building a great hood.
    SC should inform us Neighborhood Leaders if they are going to demote us. I got busy busy with school stuff and requirements. Now i am no longer excited playing hayday because i am no longer a leader of my own neighborhood 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Rio1333 View Post
    SC should inform us Neighborhood Leaders if they are going to demote us. I got busy busy with school stuff and requirements. Now i am no longer excited playing hayday because i am no longer a leader of my own neighborhood 
    Not sure how SC would have informed an inactive leader that they would be demoted. If you are still playing with the same NH but the new leader will not give you leadership again, you could start a new NH and have your neighbors join your new NH. Of course, make sure you have friended them or have a way to let them know how to find you.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Not sure how SC would have informed an inactive leader that they would be demoted. If you are still playing with the same NH but the new leader will not give you leadership again, you could start a new NH and have your neighbors join your new NH. Of course, make sure you have friended them or have a way to let them know how to find you.
    As a leader it is my opinion that a leader should be active in their hood almost every day to at least check in on their neighborhood, read chat for player's needs. It would not be asking too much for a leader to do this for 10-15 min on a daily basis. If that is not possible, then turn it over to a player that actually plays the game.

The game gives notifications quite well on my device. I feel that after 4 or 5 days of leader not logging into the game, the leader should start getting notification reminders of inactivity and a countdown of days until they will be demoted.

A leader can protect their position by appointing a trusty co-leader as the first co-leader, which is where the automatic leadership change will default to due to inactivity.

The 4 week time until auto change is quite appropriate.
    Long ago I had joined a hood of many but actually only about 7 players were active. After a couple of months of being their, I seen that the leader farm was completely dead among several other farms in the hood. I encouraged the remaining active to leave that hood and start a new hood with one of them being the new leader. So the old hood became literally a useless drifting ghost hood.
    This hood was a good example of why the automatic leader change was needed. Too bad it was not implemented back then.