Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too Many Perfect Draws - The 2nd Tiebreaker!

Fresh Spawn

Too Many Perfect Draws - The 2nd Tiebreaker!

Tired of the Perfect Draw in Clan Wars when clearly one clan out performs the other? Tired of facing clans that can dip-attack all the way down your warmap while you have to work so hard to match them with your peer vs. peer attacks? I have the solution.

All of the anguish surrounding facing "engineered rosters" or an opponent with lightweight engineered bases in random war searches, and all of the demands to have to SuperCell "fix" matchmaking so that matchups are "fair", and all of the futile thinking that random searches cannot produce good wars because of the prevalence of "engineering", can come to a quick end. There is a simple solution: The 2nd Tiebreaker.

How does it work? In the event both clans earn all the stars (or any result where earned stars and % destruction are the same), the clan that has the fewest TH-level dip attacks, among the recorded "Best Attacks", (i.e. 12v11, 11v10, 10v9, etc.) wins the 2nd tiebreaker and wins the war.

Any clan that has more opportunity than the opponent to dip their way to earning all the stars clearly has an unfair advantage in the match. While in the face of that disadvantage, a more balanced roster with fewer opportunities to dip may still be able to grind their way to earning all the opponent stars with superior skill and performance. Why end the competition in a Draw? It only seems right that the latter clan, the one that was disadvantaged, showed more skill and performed better in peer vs. peer attacks (11v11, 10v10, 9v9, etc.) should win that war. They were better, and they earned all the stars.

Implementing this solution will end all the complaining, turmoil, and futility related to engineering, and random war matches (more of them that can be won or lost via a 2nd tiebreaker) will become a war of value again. Thanks for listening. What do you all think?

daddyscott_1999 - TH10, Reddit Iota
    Last edited by daddyscott1999; January 30th, 2019 at 02:05 AM. Reason: grammar

Forum Champion
    I think it’s a bad idea. It would penalize clans that got even matchups who had to do clean up attacks. Clean ups are a common occurrence in tons of wars. I understand the frustration of a draw but this is not the to deal with it. Some would argue that dipping is an important strategy in any war regardless of matchup.

Fresh Spawn
    Thank you for the reply, Bigdome. But if the opponent produced the same number of stars with fewer dip attacks, in that even matchup, didn't they demonstrate they were the superior clan in that war?

Quote Originally Posted by daddyscott1999 View Post
    Thank you for the reply, Bigdome. But if the opponent produced the same number of stars with fewer dip attacks, in that even matchup, didn't they demonstrate they were the superior clan in that war?
    Not necessarily. What if you have a brand new TH12 who hasn't upgraded any of his troops, spells, heroes, defenses, traps, or walls to TH12 status, who is paired against a maxed TH11. They are literally equal in all categories, the only difference being that one has a TH12 and the other has TH11. Should the TH12 be penalized for "dipping" when in reality he's attacking a perfectly equal opponent?

Or what if you have an engineered TH11 who has all troops, spells, heroes, defenses, traps, and walls upgraded as far as a TH8 allows and is paired against a max TH9. The TH9 has an advantage in all categories both offensively and defensively, so should the TH11 really be penalized for "dipping" when in reality the TH9 is far more powerful?
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; January 30th, 2019 at 02:46 AM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 38 | AQ 40 | GW 7 |

Millennial Club
    Bigdome and Phoenix pretty much explain why this is a bad idea. Also perfect draws arenít even that common.

In clans that build their defenses and donít permanently max at low hall levels, perfect draws are rare. Rather than encouraging players to keep doing that by making draws more rewarding, they should keep it as it is.
    Last edited by 2222; January 30th, 2019 at 02:48 AM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Where are you seeing so many perfect draws? Not one in our war logs. Also, no perfect wars. Close ones but none.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyscott1999 View Post
    I think an argument could be made that the clan who used more dips is actually the stronger opponent and should be given the tiebreaker.

As far as the point about engineers. I have found there is more of a problem with engineers attacking up rather than down, because their strength outweighs their mirror. Your solution may actually tailor to engineered clans, rather than the clans that are participating in the matchmaking process fairly.

Literally just ended a war against some low grade engis. their 20 attacked our 8&9 for 6 total stars, see what I mean?
    Last edited by MiddleC; January 30th, 2019 at 02:57 AM. Reason: to cite an example

The amount of perfect draws that occur is not enough to justify developing such a system

Quote Originally Posted by F34R991 View Post
    The amount of perfect draws that occur is not enough to justify developing such a system
    Agree, very limited value. It also assumes dips are present. So the tie breaker function is useless in homogeneous cases, like wars with all TH 12s. It also serves no value in wars were nobody dipped, regardless of roster.

Even if it was more universally applicable, I would still be against it. The op noted "peer vs peer" attack. Yet, I have yet to experience a war with a TH range where there was a peer to peer mapping, top to bottom. At at least one position, the opponent in that same position will be +1 or -1. Birth of the new Engineering? Throw in a few very low level THs in the bottom. It lowers overall weight anyway. Since the lower 50% of the roster are not required for attacking, no big deal. But now, they have to attack it, and hopefully in doing so, they will be forced to dip without also having a TH that low.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C