Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Optional Update

Exclamation Optional Update

Posting here because Support will not respond to my in-game messages or on the appropriate forum thread....what is going on with the game right now? Experiencing all sorts of bugs, stuck in the clouds cannot find multiplayer opponent, cannot find Clan War opponent - war search has been going on and on for ~22 hours, regardless of the makeup/composition of our war lineup or the number of clan members that we put in. I realize that the number of clans looking for a regular war right now will be less than normal due to CWL preparation but that cannot account for the match-making delay. This all seemed to start happening after the most recent maintenance break and after the optional update was installed...would like to know ALL of the details of the maintenance and the update and why the game right now. THANKS
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; January 29th, 2019 at 03:40 PM.

Forum Champion
    Post your clan tag.

Forum Champion
    What size wars are you trying? Are you bringing any of those rushed or engineered bases? I noticed quite a few. Especially a severely rushed 12. It’s important to keep in mind that the matchmaking system is looking for a clan that is similar to yours. If you are taking oddly rushed bases or engineered bases this could have a big effect on finding a match. In my opinion, defenseless bases and engineering are becoming obsolete as play style. Instead of trying to game the system to get easy wars, try dropping defenses.

Clouds are not a new problem by far. Hopefully, SC fixed long waits in high leagues this year with “project blue skies”. Until they do, we are all stuck waiting.

Your war search problem is roster related. Your lineup looks about like a bag of skittles. Every color townhall there is. Whatís with the baby townhall 3 at the bottom? Do you really think itís helping you?

Added: Your wars are ending with either you or your opponent gaining 100% destruction. Youíre not engineering right if thatís what youíre trying to do.
    Last edited by xXXCHRISXXx; January 29th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by xXXCHRISXXx View Post

Your lineup looks about like a bag of skittles. Every color townhall there is.
    Quote of the day.

Got to admit OP we've not experienced any of the issues you are having other than clouds which is a normally daily occurrence.

Our war lineup is not the issue...tried two different 20v20 wars with no match and two 15v15 also with no luck. The th12 was not included in any of these lineups. The very first 20v20 lineup that we tried was the exact same as the previous two wars in which an opponent was found both times in less than an hour. The lineup is consists of balanced bases: max th10s and 11s, so to say, "Instead of trying to game the system to get easy wars, try dropping defenses," is completely ridiculous. We have changed the lineup a couple times to make it as balanced as you could possibly imagine and we get no opponent. At this point we don't care about the difficulty of the opponent, we just want to play the game!

I've noticed more clouds but I don't think it's related to the optional update. It's just normal now and then
    Playter Tag: #2V0YQRC20
    Clan Tag: #9VL98Q89

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    Quote of the day.

Got to admit OP we've not experienced any of the issues you are having other than clouds which is a normally daily occurrence.
    That Skittles comment definitely gave me a chuckle.

To the OP, correlation doesn't imply causality. One has nothing to do with the other. The update didn't change any game mechanics.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
    -- Schrodinger's Moggy explained (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

There is no th3 the entire lineup consists of th10 and 11
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxchrisxxx View Post
    your war search problem is roster related. Your lineup looks about like a bag of skittles. Every color townhall there is. Whatís with the baby townhall 3 at the bottom? Do you really think itís helping you?

Added: Your wars are ending with either you or your opponent gaining 100% destruction. Youíre not engineering right if thatís what youíre trying to do.