Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Optional Update

Quote Originally Posted by LEGGOMYEGGO View Post
    All of these bases with the exception of 1 are typically used in every war. Never before have they caused a search to take this long. IF they are indeed the cause of the delay, then why have we not experienced issues in prior war searches using these accounts? Who is to say that it is the "lopsided" or "engineered" bases causing excessive search times and not the 7 bases with infernos or the other accts with relatively equal offensive to defensive ratios? Would you not agree that the number of engineered bases in the search pool is plentiful? There is an abundance of primarily engineered players/clans similar to those in our clan that you have pointed out, especially at the th10 level. As a result, we typically match-up against engineered clans, with no (major) delay in the time it takes to find a match. But again, let's say our lopsided bases ARE the root cause of the MM issues...how do you explain a 24-hour search time when the previously-mentioned accounts are all excluded from our war lineup? The bottom line is this: there are significant issues/flaws with the MM algorithm and no clan, regardless of base makeup/composition, should have to wait an entire day or longer to find an opponent. As if the 24-hour prep day wasn't a long enough delay! We have tried several different war rosters and sizes (as many as possible with our clan makeup) and the issue remains. To say that our primarily engineered lineups with a few "heavier" or more "balanced" bases up top is not a common war strategy/composition would be inaccurate. Yes, I do believe that the number of "maxers" and more defensively-oriented or balanced players and clans is increasing due to the introduction of th12's and Clan War Leagues, but there is definitely no shortage of engineered clans either...the problem is with the matchmaking mechanics that the game utilizes.

So, let me get this straight...you have some inside knowledge about how many clans out there roll with a similar lineup as you? Exactly how do you know this?

Look. Just because they are "typically used in every war" and "Never before have they caused a search to take this long." does not mean this will be guaranteed into the future. Every time a clan like yours gives up on the classic cut and past engineering and/or changes their engineering strategy you will have less clans to match. Further as SC continues to tweak the matchmaker matches will get harder and harder to find. This could be the reason "why [you have] not experienced issues in prior war searches using these accounts?"

"Who is to say that it is the "lopsided" or "engineered" bases causing excessive search times and not the 7 bases with infernos or the other accts with relatively equal offensive to defensive ratios?" The thousands of properly weighted clans out there that match up in minutes every day. The hardcore engineers like samratulangi and MajorJohnson. The other clan wars regulars, like me, who match in minutes every war. You know, the people that have some good experience that you continue to dismiss.
    TMBG War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    Discord name: Doctor Worm/doug#7296
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 35/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 46/40/14 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by xXXCHRISXXx View Post
    I call this the blombardo effect.

I do seem to remember a time when engineers ruled the skies of Clashland, and back then one common phrase was often heard and posted to those who dared to complain about matchmaking :-

'Adapt or Quit'

It seems to me that many engineers are struggling to adapt themselves, and blaming the 'matchmaking mechanics' for their own failings!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 14 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

I do seem to remember a time when engineers ruled the skies of Clashland, and back then one common phrase was often heard and posted to those who dared to complain about matchmaking :-

'Adapt or Quit'

It seems to me that many engineers are struggling to adapt themselves, and blaming the 'matchmaking mechanics' for their own failings!
    So are we all mutant now,
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    So are we all mutant now,
    Sam, guys like you, Major, and Frain could have 2 heads and 3 Aholes, and still wouldnt be mutant.

You either adapt or stagnate. You guys are doing fine, its those that demand a right to play no matter what they put out that get left behind.
    Seeing is believing, and if it becomes more than a one off, then that is the way it is.
    Matching in itself is easy. Choosing how you match is not always so.
    Present company excepted of course. I would expect you to have it nailed down mate.