Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Optional Update

There are a few explanations for clouds like season reset - players trying to get some trophies early, new walls - all the maxed th12's need loot again, an event with a book as a reward, another event with 300 gems as the reward, all of them are increasing players activity.

Regarding your clan war search, there are just some bad days when out of the sudden a commonly used breakdown won't be matched for whatever reason, might be you are on a bad server node, might be you are on a dead spot of the queue. Just keep trying to find a war i'm sure you will get one.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGGOMYEGGO View Post
    1. If experience is completely irrelevant when it comes to match-making, who cares what the XP of any given member is?
    2. No, the level 97 th11 is not in the lineup nor has he been in months.
    3. We don't have a level 90 th10...
    4. Our top 7 bases have infernos. Go ahead and tell me that this is the reason for the MM delay...we both know engineered clans are plentiful and we would be happy to get paired against one.
    5. If the MM algorithm isn't able to find a sufficient opponent within 24 hours due to the fact that the bottom half of our lineup doesn't have infernos, well, that's just pathetic.
    6. Look through my clan, pick any combo of 10, 15, or 20 members to take to war - post them here I will use them and we'll see how long the search takes given your expertise.
    Most of us are not having your issues.

It's your lineup.

The XP level has zero to do with match making.

You are an engineered clan and the blatant engineering doesn't work any more. Those bases without infernos are your problem.

It is your roster but I know telling you that will make zero difference.

Matching does take longer for us too. A couple of hours or a little more instead of 10 minutes. Most of us are not having this problem. If it's not your roster, maybe you're like us and Darian hates you too. ;P I'm just kidding, every time we get a war match I think someone at Supercell hates us.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    1. If experience is completely irrelevant when it comes to match-making, who cares what the XP of any given member is?
    2. No, the level 97 th11 is not in the lineup nor has he been in months.
    3. We don't have a level 90 th10...
    4. Our top 7 bases have infernos. Go ahead and tell me that this is the reason for the MM delay...we both know engineered clans are plentiful and we would be happy to get paired against one.
    5. If the MM algorithm isn't able to find a sufficient opponent within 24 hours due to the fact that the bottom half of our lineup doesn't have infernos, well, that's just pathetic.
    6. Look through my clan, pick any combo of 10, 15, or 20 members to take to war - post them here I will use them and we'll see how long the search takes given your expertise.
    I didn't say XP was completely irrelevant - only that it's not a reliable indicator of strength. Building and upgrading defenses adds to your XP, so TH10 and TH11 village that have significantly lower XP than your TH9s would appear to have built and upgraded fewer defenses. I'd have been able to comment more if your clanmates' villages weren't all smashed or you actually took my suggestions and posted the villages you included in war.

However, you did reveal some important details. Earlier you said you do wars with 15 or 20 people. You also said that you use all TH10 and TH11 members. And now, you've said that only the top 7 have infernos. That would mean that in both situations (15v15 and 20v20) more than half your team is made up of lopsided accounts - which doesn't match your original depiction of balanced, maxed bases. You're more than welcome to make your team up with whomever you choose, but you need to accept that that decision directly impacts which clans you will be matched with. If there are no other teams searching with the same setup, you're not going to find a match.

Our war lineup is not the issue...tried two different 20v20 wars with no match and two 15v15 also with no luck. The th12 was not included in any of these lineups. The very first 20v20 lineup that we tried was the exact same as the previous two wars in which an opponent was found both times in less than an hour. The lineup is consists of balanced bases: max th10s and 11s
    There is no th3 the entire lineup consists of th10 and 11
    4. Our top 7 bases have infernos.
    And yes, you are correct that you no longer have a level 90 Townhall 10. It looks like he's now level 91. He's one of your coleaders. I'll follow up with some pictures of the villages that are probably creating the biggest matchmaking issues.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Here are some of the villages that are likely creating matchmaking challenges for you, but there are more.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Here are some of the villages that are likely creating matchmaking challenges for you, but there are more.
    All of these bases with the exception of 1 are typically used in every war. Never before have they caused a search to take this long. IF they are indeed the cause of the delay, then why have we not experienced issues in prior war searches using these accounts? Who is to say that it is the "lopsided" or "engineered" bases causing excessive search times and not the 7 bases with infernos or the other accts with relatively equal offensive to defensive ratios? Would you not agree that the number of engineered bases in the search pool is plentiful? There is an abundance of primarily engineered players/clans similar to those in our clan that you have pointed out, especially at the th10 level. As a result, we typically match-up against engineered clans, with no (major) delay in the time it takes to find a match. But again, let's say our lopsided bases ARE the root cause of the MM issues...how do you explain a 24-hour search time when the previously-mentioned accounts are all excluded from our war lineup? The bottom line is this: there are significant issues/flaws with the MM algorithm and no clan, regardless of base makeup/composition, should have to wait an entire day or longer to find an opponent. As if the 24-hour prep day wasn't a long enough delay! We have tried several different war rosters and sizes (as many as possible with our clan makeup) and the issue remains. To say that our primarily engineered lineups with a few "heavier" or more "balanced" bases up top is not a common war strategy/composition would be inaccurate. Yes, I do believe that the number of "maxers" and more defensively-oriented or balanced players and clans is increasing due to the introduction of th12's and Clan War Leagues, but there is definitely no shortage of engineered clans either...the problem is with the matchmaking mechanics that the game utilizes.

Forum Elder
    I would think that by simply searching with 10s and 11s will be making matching difficult. More so if some or many of them have lots of missing pieces.
    With such a tight spread, it isnt giving the MMA anything to play with other than a pretty direct match.
    Lop sided bases, and more so d/less requires plenty of top end weight in order to offset the massive weight differential between def and off, and works best with a more stretched roster. With using only 2 halls, and at the heavy end of the scale, you are not allowing for any tolerance within the search.
    They are also the 2nd and 3rd highest tier. So I feel most clans warring at that sort of weight, especially with the bottom base being a 10, will carry at least some 12s within their roster.

If you are lucky, the MMA will switch to matching your lop sided offence to a clan that carries the same offence weight, but will also carry the defence to go with it. Or it may decide to match your offence with a defensively rushed clan.
    But until then, your tight spread is leaving you in limbo mate, unless something similar enough comes along, IMHO.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 30th, 2019 at 02:32 AM.

Thank you SC for the good improvements to the matchmaker that try to find more even matches than in the past. It causes clans like this to have longer searches, but it is well worth it. Matches are better than ever. Not perfect, but improved.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Thank you SC for the good improvements to the matchmaker that try to find more even matches than in the past. It causes clans like this to have longer searches, but it is well worth it. Matches are better than ever. Not perfect, but improved.
    Agree, good match now, at least for us it is better now then ever, lol
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    All of these bases with the exception of 1 are typically used in every war. Never before have they caused a search to take this long. IF they are indeed the cause of the delay, then why have we not experienced issues in prior war searches using these accounts? Who is to say that it is the "lopsided" or "engineered" bases causing excessive search times and not the 7 bases with infernos or the other accts with relatively equal offensive to defensive ratios? Would you not agree that the number of engineered bases in the search pool is plentiful? There is an abundance of primarily engineered players/clans similar to those in our clan that you have pointed out, especially at the th10 level. As a result, we typically match-up against engineered clans, with no (major) delay in the time it takes to find a match. But again, let's say our lopsided bases ARE the root cause of the MM issues...how do you explain a 24-hour search time when the previously-mentioned accounts are all excluded from our war lineup? The bottom line is this: there are significant issues/flaws with the MM algorithm and no clan, regardless of base makeup/composition, should have to wait an entire day or longer to find an opponent. As if the 24-hour prep day wasn't a long enough delay! We have tried several different war rosters and sizes (as many as possible with our clan makeup) and the issue remains. To say that our primarily engineered lineups with a few "heavier" or more "balanced" bases up top is not a common war strategy/composition would be inaccurate. Yes, I do believe that the number of "maxers" and more defensively-oriented or balanced players and clans is increasing due to the introduction of th12's and Clan War Leagues, but there is definitely no shortage of engineered clans either...the problem is with the matchmaking mechanics that the game utilizes.
    Would I agree that the number of clans that match yours is plentiful? No, I would not agree. My experience has been that players have long since realized that lopsided bases create problems for matchmaking and they have been fixing their bases ever since. Your experience is that your team lineup is resulting in longer search times for your clan. Now you could certainly ignore my experience and your experience and continue doing the same thing and expect different results, but that doesn’t seem the most sound decision.

At the end of the day, your clan is experiencing this problem and other clans are not. Asking why is it a problem today when you had matches before is like asking why you are tired now when you weren’t tired earlier - it is progressive. The number of clans like yours is dwindling every day and finding a team that matches yours is going to get increasingly more difficult. Again, it’s entirely your choice how you play, but you need to accept that the decisions you make impact your experience, have been impacting your experience and will continue to impact your experience.

It appears to me that you can fix your bases, build those infernos and xbows and all those other missing defenses and join the rest of us, or your can wait in the search queue until there are more clans that match your exact makeup. The decision is yours.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; January 30th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

I call this the blombardo effect.