Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: API Token

Question API Token

Since the maintenance break it appears there is an API Token shown in the in-game settings, with an option that says, "Tap Show to see API token." You can view and copy the token....what's this all about and what can your everyday (non-dev) Clash of Clans player do with the token?

Millennial Club
    What is that api. I do not have this in my screen though .

Image Attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dont have that either

Millennial Club
    I have it... but don’t know what it’s for either.
    Jedi Risen #PJQUQOCR CWL Tier - Champions 2
    https://jedirisen.github.io
    https://discord.gg/4w5dwrs

Founded: May 18, 2015 Clan Level 18, 80% Win Rate
    Adult, 24/7 War Clan for non-rushed players, Discord App required.

I have it but no clue what it is. I'm on android if it makes any difference.

Level 17
    - 5,639/17,800 | Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 196] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Question

I was told by in-game support staff to use it to identify myself as the owner of my coc account on ANY external site....cool so I'll link an app or site to my account then get banned for using 3rd party software? How do I know which sites are allowed and which violate the TOS? The only answer support could give me was use 'Clash of Stats'

Quote Originally Posted by LEGGOMYEGGO View Post
    I was told by in-game support staff to use it to identify myself as the owner of my coc account on ANY external site....cool so I'll link an app or site to my account then get banned for using 3rd party software? How do I know which sites are allowed and which violate the TOS? The only answer support could give me was use 'Clash of Stats'
    Just ask on here if not sure about a particular site; it's fairly easy to tell the difference.

Legitimate sites don't change anything within the game, just give you information at the moment, for example tracking your stats over time.

If a site offers free/cheap gems it is definitely a scam.
    If a site lets you practice war attacks in some way it will get you banned. If a site offers to automate your account in any way (eg farm it up for you) it will get you banned.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Thanks Onyx. Could you recommend/list any apps or websites that I might be able to use the token with other than Clash of Stats? Anyone else please feel free to chime in as well...I've pulled API data before but have yet to find a way to pull player building & defense data specifically.