Thread: Ice Golem vs Miner Spam

Ice Golem vs Miner Spam

A week or so ago there was a thread about how to defend miners. I looked very hard for the thread and I can't find it.

There was a lot of talk about defenses and skeleton spells set to ground. That's all important of course.

I have seen a lot of miner spam attacks stopped with an Ice Golem and Baby Dragon.

I got hit with one again today and I got a nice shield and kept almost all of my dark on a max TH10 that is going to be an 11 tomorrow. It's got 1.3 million gold available in this attack. The Dark is setting close to 190 I don't recall the available loot.

He got squat. Some gold but nothing like he planned to.

As for the attack itself, I never use miners this way myself. I'm not saying it was a great attack but it must be working for many because I see it several times a week.

I think the Ice Golem was added to stop these mass miner and mass valk attacks. I recently published another video vs mass valks. It went the same way. A defense for me and almost nothing for them.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Forum Elder
    Boy I'd hate to be that guy that was like "OMG LOOOOT" and got stoned. Miner's are not that reliable at TH10, i can see how this killed that attack. I would have struggled too if it wasn't a mini account that always had a CC and wrecker.

I would tend to agree they are a mass-attack killer, i've seen bowitch get smoked because of it so many times on my base (titan III usually). Since i farm with them they are almost always in my CC and wreck attacks just like this.

Millennial Club
    Yes ice golem match with the bbd is a nice combo for defence

Forum Veteran
    Always suprprised at how many still dump armies with no plan for defending cc troops. You’d think by th8 they’d have figured it out.

TH12...level 236...60/60/30...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 31 mil...atb 6032

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Always suprprised at how many still dump armies with no plan for defending cc troops. You’d think by th8 they’d have figured it out.
    I have a lot of accounts so I get to see a lot of defenses.

What is going on with the mass pekka raids? That one almost always fails unless they get lucky and get the TH. Not just during the event but I see it all the time. BD just tears them up and the valk sure helps. I see it mostly at TH8. I have a bunch of those. They have become worthless.

I think a lot of it is there are many bases these days with no CC troops. Long before you could put it to sleep too. As I remember it, two or three years ago CC troops were almost always there.

They get used to these attacks because CC troops are so rare. That makes it much easier for me to defend because I go nuts without defensive CC troops.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8