Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TH8 is getting a bit boring: what should I do?

Smile TH8 is getting a bit boring: what should I do?

Hey folks,

I used to play CoC a long time ago but lost my account. Back then TH9 was the highest TH there was and I got to TH7, so I actually got pretty far considering how slowly the game developed back then with those huge upgrade costs and times!

Now since start of december Im back and I restarted and I enjoy the game much more now I actually make some progress. Im now at a point though where Im a bit stuck and getting bored. I read on several places that TH8 is a bad place to be nowadays and I thought that wouldnt be the case but actually... it probably is. War aint fun with spamming nothing but dragons, farming is nice but I farm may too much and I cant use it because upgrade timers on cheap buildings. I feel like I could just not log in and it would give me the same result.

I have reached a point where my BK is lvl 10 and my walls are nearly done (a couple left) because I dumb all gold in walls as I dont have builders to spend it on anything else, and thats fine but in a couple of days that wont be possible anymore as my walls will be done by then. And at that point the game will become totally stale for me, you know.

So Id like to ask your opinion on my base and what would be the best plan of action. Fortunately I have a nice clan with fun people so theres that. I know my defenses are a bit rushed but I dont really feel like they help at all at any point right now so I dont bother too much about them (but I keep upgrading them of course with most of my builders).

This is my base right now: https://imgur.com/gallery/fbrQtiA

Thanks already in advance, Id appreciate every insight and help you can provide me!

RagingRabbit
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    Looking for a new clan. Requirements:
    English/Dutch speaking Active (chat, donations, war) Willing to put me in CWL
    Would be cool to have, but not necessary: lvl 5 donation perk

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    I would go to 9 and start working on the AQ whilst working on other upgrades. Can easily farm with barch or goblins especially if the game is becoming stale for you.

i suggest to max everything.

my third village.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; January 28th, 2019 at 01:23 PM.

Is your lab maxed? Especially dark troops? Golem hogs and valk are important th9 troops. Best not to be behind on them when arriving at th9.

You have most of the hard work done on the walls and heroes, you arent far from maxing. If you have access to builder potions those defense upgrades could go pretty fast. Use barch for fast collector raiding.

I would suggest maxing before th9 but if you are bored you can probably go ahead. You wouldnt be too far behind.

Protip: ALWAYS leave 1 builder open for a wall dump. 4 builders on buildings and 1 for walls. That way you can always keep farming and never have to pause because you have no builders free.

If you had said you were having fun, I would say stick with it. However, since you said you are bored, you should upgrade to th9. Why not? Why continue to waste elixir and dark elixir when you could move to th9? If you really wanted to, you could continue to work on those walls as a th9 with your gold, but at least you could also use your elixir.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Why continue to waste elixir and dark elixir when you could move to th9?
    i stalked him on clashofstats and elixir and dark would not be wasted.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; January 28th, 2019 at 02:56 PM.

Millennial Club
    Move on to th9 n on n on n on. U will find it more interesting and busy.

Forum Elder
    Move to 9 and spend zero seconds regretting it.

Max your base, and upgrade to TH 9.

Since you can still upgrade defenses and troops, your resources are not going to waste. As soon as your dark troops are maxed, go to TH 9 as it would be a waste of DE not to. Dark troops are important to TH 9 warfare, so do those for sure.

As for defenses not helping much now: sure that is true, but if you slack on defenses now you will never get them to a level where they count. So definitely max those defenses if you ever want to be able to defend once you are a higher town hall.
    <gone>

Thanks all for your input! I have decided to give myself a goal: which is maxing out everything I’m planning to use often. My lab is indeed not maxed (I made the wrong move to not always let it run in lower TH’s...).

I checked a website which calculates how much time it takes to max both lab and defenses, and lab will take a lot more time. However: lab consists aswell things like PEKKA which I won’t use in the foreseeable future. I’m planning on maxing out everything that has a use now and will have a use in TH9, like balloons, healers, hogs, some important spells... meanwhile my walls will be maxed out and my defenses should be maxed for TH7 or a bit above, and at that point I don’t want to wait any longer and I’ll move up. This also means maxing (dark) barracks. If my calculations aren’t totally off, this will mean 3-4 weeks extra in TH8 before moving up. I think I can do that.

You see, the main problem is not that upgrades take longer, because I know they will take longer and longer as you move up TH’s. My main problem is that since I reached TH7 I have so much loot that I only have to raid like 1-2 a day to keep builders busy. But farming is one of the things I actually love about this game and it feels weird that I don’t have to do anything half of the time because I have sufficient loot. It feels like a punishment for being active in the game. I understand that this is done to make sure that people who play totally casually don’t have problems developing their villages, of course.

A second thing that annoys me is how wars are totally boring as a TH8. I see a lot of nice attacks done by TH9-10 both air and ground with different approaches, while I spam dragons/CC balloons/rage and get 6 stars. I heard that hogs can be very entertaining and succesfull so that’s why I was thinking to put all my DE that I don’t need know putting in upgrades for hog riders.

I guess that might give me some more fun without rushing my base too much. Like a middle road between (strategic) rushing and totally maxing. Because I don’t want to max completely, as I know from clanmates that it’s the most frustrating thing to gather gold for a couple of very expensive upgrades while doing nothing else at all.

Any holes in my thinking are possible so don’t hesitate to point those out . Glad all for your responses.
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    Looking for a new clan. Requirements:
    English/Dutch speaking Active (chat, donations, war) Willing to put me in CWL
    Would be cool to have, but not necessary: lvl 5 donation perk