Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TH8 is getting a bit boring: what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Brickbang View Post
    It is best to max out everything, but if you are bored at TH8, go to TH9 as long as most buildings are maxed.

Brickbang
    It's fine to go to the Next TH if most not 100% your buildings are maxed.

made by clasher0011

Clan Tag-#28Q2CV99U

Quote Originally Posted by Brickbang View Post
    It is best to max out everything, but if you are bored at TH8, go to TH9 as long as most buildings are maxed.

Brickbang
    I think it is more important to have lab and heroes maxed than buildings. From a farming standpoint defense is almost irrelevant. But army camps, lab, cc, barracks and spell factories should be maxed or at least specialized for what you are doing.

Banned
    Go to th9. You can get Queen and X Bows. Also the walls looks better.

Imagine having queen level1 and grind up to level60 not only she also for king and warden and the rest of the offense and defense.... You want my advise? Answer me Yes and Im ready to give you my advise.....

Feet firmly nailed to Foedarati’s clan floor.
    Youíll go to th9 and crave th10....thatís where it all now begins.....must have a siege machine ❤️ Then.....ohhhh warden......

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingRabbit View Post
    Thanks all for your input! I have decided to give myself a goal: which is maxing out everything Iím planning to use often. My lab is indeed not maxed (I made the wrong move to not always let it run in lower THís...).

I checked a website which calculates how much time it takes to max both lab and defenses, and lab will take a lot more time. However: lab consists aswell things like PEKKA which I wonít use in the foreseeable future. Iím planning on maxing out everything that has a use now and will have a use in TH9, like balloons, healers, hogs, some important spells... meanwhile my walls will be maxed out and my defenses should be maxed for TH7 or a bit above, and at that point I donít want to wait any longer and Iíll move up. This also means maxing (dark) barracks. If my calculations arenít totally off, this will mean 3-4 weeks extra in TH8 before moving up. I think I can do that.
    This is an excellent plan: a good balance between going up early, but preparing properly.

You say you'll upgrade balloons, healers etc. before going up which is definitely a good plan, but have you considered what your go-to farming army will be at TH9? I recommend Goblin Knife, which means you should also have these things upgraded before going up:
    --Goblins
    --Giants
    --Archers
    --Wallbreakers

Then when at TH9, upgrade goblins again and unlock the jump spell and upgrade it to L2 asap.

There are other farming techniques to be sure, but Goblin Knife is the quickest and cheapest that can get you reliably into the core to take out the DE storage. It also teaches you to funnel, which is a key skill for successful TH9 attacks.

TH9 is all about getting DE. Let that be your main goal. The gold and elix will come as you progress. Gob knife your way through th9.
    Supercell - add a button in Clash to stop the screen from shaking during attacks please!

Let me echo what others said about TH9 - it's all about the oil (DE). If you don't choose to max out at TH8, at least make sure all your dark troops are maxed first. Otherwise, you'll max out TH9 and waste gold/jelly (reg. elixir) waiting to finish troops/heroes for much longer.

Max it all out - th9 is a huge grind so best to get as much done before you move up. War is boring? Learn new strategies! Drags, hogs, goho, valks, gowipe, all can be fun effective strategies and learning them now will help a lot at higher town hall levels. Want to make farming more interesting? Push! Pushing can be challenging at 8 and help you practice those new attack strategies you'll be working on. Just food for thought, still plenty you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSmash View Post
    Max it all out - th9 is a huge grind so best to get as much done before you move up. War is boring? Learn new strategies! Drags, hogs, goho, valks, gowipe, all can be fun effective strategies and learning them now will help a lot at higher town hall levels. Want to make farming more interesting? Push! Pushing can be challenging at 8 and help you practice those new attack strategies you'll be working on. Just food for thought, still plenty you can do.
    I agree with DerpSmash here. Bored about dragons? Go Mass Hogs, Go-Hogs, Go-Va-Ho, even Pekka and Healers (pekka walk) can work on some bases. You can skip some walls if you like, but I would upgrade buildings and troops to max before moving to TH9.
    TH9 is where some experience made with hogs, golems, pekkas and valks can be put at use while you learn lava-loons attacks (the overall strongest at TH9). And TH9 is all about grinding DE for the Queen (as mentioned by everyone else here) and the King (but prioritize the AQ). You will stay there way more than any other TH. G.L.