Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TH8 is getting a bit boring: what should I do?

I would move up, but you need to plan your builders a little better going forward. It doesn't look like you have much interest in war, so build and upgrade as you see fit, but I always recommend making sure you have a builder "freeing up" every day so that you can spend any excess loot on walls before starting into something else.

The queen is the best troop in the game especially at higher levels, so the sooner you can get her grinding up, the better.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.

New Bloke/Chick
    Once your heroes are done, its pretty much time to upgrade to the next townhall level. Do NOT wait on the walls, remaining buildings, or lab upgrades. Old rule (several years ago) was max everything before upgrading, but that is not necessary with the newer matchmaking system.

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondClash View Post
    Old rule (several years ago) was max everything before upgrading, but that is not necessary with the newer matchmaking system.
    matchmaking is still the same. it is hard to raid with low level troops and your base will crushed easyly if your defens is weak.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; January 28th, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

At TH9 it's all about DE DE DE DE DE! If you plan to max your heroes at TH9 but you don't concentrate on collecting DE, you'll max all buildings and walls waaayyyyy before heroes. Gold and Elixir collection at TH9 does not matter at all - plenty will accumulate. Once you've maxed your DE upgrades at TH8, go to TH9 and put that DE into the queen.

OP,how often do you raid? How many per season? Th9 isn't the slog it used to be,but it is still a lot more demanding than th8. If it were me (and I raid a lot ) I would definitely go to th9 and work on aq and bk asap. If you only raid a few times a day, probably best to max out at th8 imo

Quote Originally Posted by crazybod View Post
    OP,how often do you raid? How many per season? Th9 isn't the slog it used to be,but it is still a lot more demanding than th8. If it were me (and I raid a lot ) I would definitely go to th9 and work on aq and bk asap. If you only raid a few times a day, probably best to max out at th8 imo
    Last season I did +/- 700 raids, half of them won. All barch raids (with a couple of wallbreakers). I’ll have 100 mil gold and elixir raided (the gold grab and elixir escapade achievements) in the next couple of days.
    Played once CoC in the past... came back on December 6, 2018, with a fresh account. Same name: RagingRabbit. TH9. Clan: ClashPros.
    Looking for a new clan. Requirements:
    English/Dutch speaking Active (chat, donations, war) Willing to put me in CWL
    Would be cool to have, but not necessary: lvl 5 donation perk

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingRabbit View Post
    Last season I did +/- 700 raids, half of them won. All barch raids (with a couple of wallbreakers). I’ll have 100 mil gold and elixir raided (the gold grab and elixir escapade achievements) in the next couple of days.
    With this kind of activity, every second u waste not advancing to th9 us a Second away from max heroes, definitely must upgrade to th9 soon
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...VLPP80/members

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Th9 is a lot more fun and has really become the middle ground between the beginner halls and the end game. At th8 I felt like I was locked outside of a candy store watching all my friends stuff their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    Th9 is a lot more fun and has really become the middle ground between the beginner halls and the end game. At th8 I felt like I was locked outside of a candy store watching all my friends stuff their faces.
    Yeah, Spam armies stop being used. TH 9 is so much more fun than TH 8.

made by clasher0011

Clan Tag-#28Q2CV99U

It is best to max out everything, but if you are bored at TH8, go to TH9 as long as most buildings are maxed.

Brickbang

Clash of Clans:TH8 -#P9JUV0Y0Q | Boom Beach:HQ9-#9C82UV2Y8
    YouTube Channel- Brickbang Gaming
    Current Clan: Little Havana