Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No fun anymore

Angry No fun anymore

Am I the only one or are you having the same experience as below?

After the latest Hay Day upgrade early this year something has changed in the "randomness" of issuing free stuff. I mean, the tools you can get after harvesting, feeding your animals or servicing town customers.

Over the last couple of weeks, I got tens of axes, saws, duct tapes, bolts and nail. However: THREE planks and TWO stakes. In order to upgrade my barn I need more than 100 planks. Twice a day I scan the road shops of my friends (2 x 250) hoping to find some planks/stakes there. These things are scarce so most of the time I find nothing.

There is another discussion about the sheer impossibility to acquire scrolls. Not being able to upgrade barn/silo or to buy land is extremely frustrating. Just playing for the coins and experience points offers no real challenge. I will play for another couple of days but if the situation does not improve I consider closing the game for a couple of months.

What is your experience and advice?

Farm: 129, Barn: 4600, Silo: 4600, Town: 43, Puzzle: 374/432 ... and struggling ...

Protect Mother Nature !

It sounds like you need a challenge or a change in how you play.

When I got to this point I did the Scorched Earth Challenge. Here is the link: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...arth+challenge

Of course, this is not official. I found it was what I needed when the game seemed a bit mundane.

As far as the scrolls, I am hopeful that this will be resolved with the next update. I will wait it out as I have no urgent need for additional land.

The drop rate on EMs and other tools at my farm do not seem to changed. I do make sure that I work my town or do truck orders when there is an event offering additional materials.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by OlafSlartibartfast View Post
    ...Over the last couple of weeks, I got tens of axes, saws, duct tapes, bolts and nail. However: THREE planks and TWO stakes. In order to upgrade my barn I need more than 100 planks. Twice a day I scan the road shops of my friends (2 x 250) hoping to find some planks/stakes there. These things are scarce so most of the time I find nothing....
    The stakes will likely be scarce due to most players trying to expand as well. I'm sorry you feel this way (but completely understand). My personal joy in the game is helping others, selling in my rss and the competition of the derby. What aspects do you still enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    ...As far as the scrolls, I am hopeful that this will be resolved with the next update. I will wait it out as I have no urgent need for additional land...
    I'm totally with you on that thought Momscar!

Thanks, Momscar and Tahoe, for your advice and sympathy. I had a look at the guidelines of the Scorched Earth Challenge. Very nice plan but starting all over is not very appealing to me.

What I like most on Hay Day is building a beautiful farm; all items need to be positioned in harmony. I often compare working on Hay Day with working on an aquarium or old bonsai tree :-). Another fun aspect is the continuous struggle for storage space. My barn and silo are not small but I surely would like to have more room to store extra, spare items. The upgrade of my barn or silo already requires more than 320 tools and most new Hay Day upgrades introduce new products.

By the way Hay Day is a fantastic game, even after playing for multiple years now.
    Last edited by OlafSlartibartfast; January 25th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.

Farm: 129, Barn: 4600, Silo: 4600, Town: 43, Puzzle: 374/432 ... and struggling ...

Protect Mother Nature !

Olaf, sometimes a break or changing up how you do certain things helps with the boredom.

I know what you mean about the harmony in the farm. Unfortunately I am not so creative, or the things that look pleasant to me change or need replanting causing some frustration if I obsess on it. I would love the option of being able to ‘hold’ some of the fruit trees in their flowering stage, even if it means I need to plant more in another area to cover my needs.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Centennial Club
    I don’t have any scrolls and am never getting any even from derby, I am therefore always selling expansion stuff in my rss. I won’t even bother till I have scrolls.
    Farm tag: #8CCYGC8R Level 85 very active player
    NH Toronto maple laughs 2P9L8V9J

Fresh Spawn
    You canít take a break from this game, especially if you are a leader of a neighbourhood supercell demotes you and wonít help you get your leader role back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbbf View Post
    You can’t take a break from this game, especially if you are a leader of a neighbourhood supercell demotes you and won’t help you get your leader role back!!
    Give the leadership to someone in the hood with the idea that you will get your leadership back when you rejoin.

Banned
    I for one are very pleased with the last update. It has seem to take care of the bot farms stealing tools in your shops. I work all 4 of my shops 24/7 making rare food as well as sending Tom on the run. I would then trade these food for tools that I want. I am no longer in need of tools for upgrading barn and silo so I mainly use it to help my neighbors. This is the most relaxing and fun I have had since I started playing HD. If you are looking for handouts and finding freebies in others' shops, then you are not going to like the game as there are far and none to be found. This is awesome if you can get into the bartering system. It is totally cleaned up and bot free so it is much much more fun now. Thank you SuperCell

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    When I got to this point I did the Scorched Earth Challenge. Here is the link: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...arth+challenge
    I want to second this - in fact it's sort of what I do when I get tired of CoC. I'll go through an evening (with Netflix) and reset the shield until the elixir storages are at zero. This actually takes a lot of time - sometimes as many as 300 individual raids on your base to accomplish.

Anyhow, back to Hay Day - I get stuck every now and then thinking that the game doesn't evolve because I'm short 35 planks. Selling everything in the barn takes care of the issue of needed growth, right?
    View Kick Smurf Information: https://cocp.it/clan/R0U88CYQ