Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Defense has caught up. Offense is stagnant.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    Unfortunately, these stats don't show us any correlation to who is getting the 3 stars. It would be awesome if the 3 star rates were broadly distributed amongst the player base and if there were 290 (random number) 3 stars last season that 290 different people attained those 3 stars. It would really stink if only 100 people were the one's getting the 3 star.

So let's look at it another way. Based on 362 clans participating, if we assume 40 groups of 8 and 6 groups of 7 then that would be 9600 + 1260 = 10860 attacks and 10% of those were 3 stars, then we are left with 1086 attacks were 3 stars. I know clans can have more than 15 people, so let's assume each clan has 17 on average just for the same of numbers. With 362 clans @17 individual players each, that assumes 6154 players (even though players can have multiple accounts). Best case scenario, 1086 attacks were all from different people which means 1086 players / 6154 player base means 17.65% of the player base knows how to 3 stars and that sounds like a good number. A worse scenario, those 1086 attacks were performed by 362 people getting roughly three 3 stars last season, then 362 players / 6154 player base means 5.88% of the player base knows how to 3 star. It can cut both ways without knowing where the data is coming from.
    I'm pretty sure the 3 stars aren't divided equally. Even in Champion I, where the arguably best players are competing, are huge skill differences.

There might be some players that 3* every second war, pushing the rate up and there are players that always go for the 2* and not getting a single 3* during the 7 days, pushing the rate down. The latter are the vast majority, which explains the low average 3 star rate. The players who get 3 stars regularly show that it is possible to pull off, but the skill gap is huge.

To make clear what I meant with my previous post lets assume SC decides to do some small changes in favor of offense. And as a result the average destruction % goes up by 5%, that would mean, when looking at onyx' graph that the 95-99% bar would add up to the 100% bar while every other bar gets shifted one to the right. The 100% bar would be one of the biggest bars in the graph, almost double the size as before.

Of course that is an over simplified calculation, but I think it's not that far away from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 3 stars aren't divided equally. Even in Champion I, where the arguably best players are competing, are huge skill differences.

There might be some players that 3* every second war, pushing the rate up and there are players that always go for the 2* and not getting a single 3* during the 7 days, pushing the rate down. The latter are the vast majority, which explains the low average 3 star rate. The players who get 3 stars regularly show that it is possible to pull off, but the skill gap is huge.

To make clear what I meant with my previous post lets assume SC decides to do some small changes in favor of offense. And as a result the average destruction % goes up by 5%, that would mean, when looking at onyx' graph that the 95-99% bar would add up to the 100% bar while every other bar gets shifted one to the right. The 100% bar would be one of the biggest bars in the graph, almost double the size as before.

Of course that is an over simplified calculation, but I think it's not that far away from the truth.
    Being the biggest bar visually means nothing. from a mathematical perspective, we are talking about adding two bars that are both below 10% so lets say the total for 3 stars would be somewhere around 15-18% which is what most folks seem to be suggesting would be optimal. Even at that %, we are talking a 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 chance of a three star.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Being the biggest bar visually means nothing. from a mathematical perspective, we are talking about adding two bars that are both below 10% so lets say the total for 3 stars would be somewhere around 15-18% which is what most folks seem to be suggesting would be optimal. Even at that %, we are talking a 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 chance of a three star.
    15-18% 3 star rate on average sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post

But you donít know thatís what is pushing the 3 star rate down, you are speculating from what you see in your clan. By the same token, from what I see in my clan, the oneís who managed 3 stars on weak TH12s (we were in Master 2) were the ones who consistently kept 3 starring weak TH12s. Itíd be awesome if we were all fighting for who 3 starred more often, but it was only 2 members in my clan last CWL. Itís not like we are all excited to see who will 3 star in todayís war, itís more like people get on and do their normal attack and the 2 or 3 members that can 3 star try for it on the poorly designed bases.

Iím not speculating on the data, Iím just seeing 10% and saying we canít state the data goes one way or another.
    TH12: 60/60/30 TH12: 53/60/30 TH12: 43/46/28 TH10: 25/23
    Main #LL2JCQ0C