Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery derby

Centennial Club
    2 goats milk they were lucky! One of us got 4 once! We exhausted all goats jokes, memes, songs etc to relieve their boredom.

Wasn’t it last Mystery Derby someone on this forum got Cinema over & over. A few in a row, then something else then Cinema again.

imagine trying to get enough town visitors to keep that up... eeek.

I usually never take a mystery task, but thought I would try one. Hate those townspeople task and never do a boat except for puzzle piece. I actually got a Fishing task. 99 pounds. I am beginning to like the mystery derby.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    I usually never take a mystery task, but thought I would try one. Hate those townspeople task and never do a boat except for puzzle piece. I actually got a Fishing task. 99 pounds. I am beginning to like the mystery derby.
    Mystery Derby is a double edge sword. You get some good ones and some of those are partial of a normal task for the 400 points. Example, two hoodies take a Mystery task. Both are for boats. One hoodie may only need to do 2 while the other may have to complete all 4.

Then there are the nightmare tasks of Goats Milk or Strawberries.

You just never know. But... if you pull a yucky, long task there is great satisfaction of completing it. Then you bite your nails while you pull the next task.

Personally i dislike boats. My first task this derby is 4 boats... boo. But 2 are puzzle boats I would have sent anyway so I’m only (in my mind) sending 2 extra to complete the task. Therefore not too bad a start. I dread what may be next but I LOVE the challenge.

Forum Superstar
    Main farm:

-Fish 83 kgs. Hey that's easy with this event!
    -Harvest 260 indigo fields. Not too bad!

Mini:

-Serve 14 people in spa.

I swear the mystery derby doesnt like my baby farm
    Hay Day farm level 99 -Town Reputation level 21
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! - Permits: 47/Approximately a million
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 62/Rep 16~

Collect 64 bacon
    ================================================== ======
    Pardon my spelling, it is a little bit hard to write while you are cooking, playing Hay Day and throwing shoes at your kids so they stop fighting (just kidding about this one )
    VICTIM OF CERTAIN THING THAT BUYS MY BEMS AND SEMS LIKE FLASH

Fresh Spawn
    Produce 12 apple juice (with a two star machine) 😐

This is not well planned out. It’s an interesting derby, but not practical in some ways. A member of our community did a mystery task (mining) and while doing the task he leveled up to get his fishing boat. His very next mystery task is fishing for 102 lbs of fish. Three days to repair boat, then make lures, etc... This ridiculous mess is causing a real debate among us if we should continue to play this derby.
    “Expectation is the mother of all frustration”. Antonio Banderas
    Sane, normal people don’t need power trips. So the lunatics end up in charge of everything. James P. Hogan
    First Farm level 136, town level 36, Second Farm level 109 town level 29, Baby Farm level 63, town level 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Toucky7 View Post
    This is not well planned out. It’s an interesting derby, but not practical in some ways. A member of our community did a mystery task (mining) and while doing the task he leveled up to get his fishing boat. His very next mystery task is fishing for 102 lbs of fish. Three days to repair boat, then make lures, etc... This ridiculous mess is causing a real debate among us if we should continue to play this derby.
    This is the very reason that if you’re close to leveling up the NH should understand a player choosing a 320 point task over a 400 point Mystery task.

i watch leveling up. If the next level has a new machine available I try and level up & have it repaired before derby. Example, level up by Friday so machines are ready by Monday. If that’s not possible it’s better to take 320 point tasks over risking a Mystery task or simply opt out of that weeks derby.

Same with growing plots. We once had a member get indigo but she did not have enough plots to grow it all in the time allowed. Therefore she had to forfeit that task.
    Last edited by SilverRaptor; January 22nd, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

We have a fairly new player in our NH that does not have all the machines possible for her level. Thankfully she is a personal friend so I was able to speak to her and explain why it is best for her to do only regular tasks.

This could happen with Town Buildings, as well.
    Level 156
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗