Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade Suggestions

Lightbulb Upgrade Suggestions

Under builder symbol on top of the screen,
    it lists:

1) what you are currently upgrading
    2) the time till it is complete
    3) 3 suggestions to upgrade

Usually, 2 out of 3 of my suggestions are to upgrade heros...

That is really unhelpful....

It would be nice to be able to remove heros from that list.

Right now my list consists of Cannons, and 2 heros...

It's just a suggestion base on the algorithm SC uses. It doesn't mean you need to follow it. Just know what you need to prioritize on upgrades and just use the builder tab as a way to look at your current upgrade times left.

what good is a system that makes bad suggestions?
    then if it does a bad job just get rid of it, or improve it!!!

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleep2live View Post
    The suggested upgrades show the least expensive upgrade for each resource. So if you are seeing one gold upgrade and 2 dark upgrades then you have no elixir upgrades left. They are meant to be suggestions only and most players do not follow them. They arenít bad suggestions, just the cheapest.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; January 17th, 2019 at 08:56 PM.

well, heros go up to lvl 60 and 30. Everyone knows they need to upgrade them...
    there is no need to see them, you always know you must upgrade them.
    There used to be 5 suggestions, then they reduced it to 3.

So I would like them to either take it back up to 5 or give us the option to remove heros from our list.
    Also, a hero that costs 190,000 dark elixer is in my opinion more expansive then an archer tower that costs 9mil
    Last edited by Sleep2live; January 17th, 2019 at 09:02 PM.

Forum Champion
    well, heros go up to lvl 60 and 30. Everyone knows they need to upgrade them...
    there is no need to see them, you always know you must upgrade them.
    There used to be 5 suggestions, then they reduced it to 3.

So I would like them to either take it back up to 5 or give us the option to remove heros from our list.
    Also, a hero that costs 190,000 dark elixer is in my opinion more expansive then an archer tower that costs 9mil
    Lol. With that logic there is no need to see any of it! Surely all players know that they must upgrade buildings, troops, traps, etc. Again, it shows the least expensive for each of the 3 resources. That’s it. If you don’t want to upgrade the cheapest thing available then don’t pay attention to it. I fail to see what the big deal is here? In this game you must upgrade things. There is no right or wrong way to do this. That’s why they are just suggestions.

What it looks for now is cheapest gold, cheapest elixir (both excludes walls) and cheapest DE.

I too always found it to have minimal value. I always upgraded per cost and time for builder use optimization. Which then meant I did my own builder management, as opposed to having the game do it for me. But ... I also perceive it has value to those whom do not want to manage their builds. Rather than hunt, they can quickly select some build, any build, to keep builders busy.

Honestly, do not see what algorithim for suggesting that they could use to accomodate everyone. For those of us whom perform management and planning, we simply need to keep our own list (even if that list is only in our heads).
    Last edited by rowman; January 17th, 2019 at 09:09 PM.

Still, no point in a system that doesn't work. It is not logical...
    If you guys support a system that doesn't work you support failure. Simple as that.

Forum Veteran
    If you guys support a system that doesn't work you support failure. Simple as that.
    They are suggesting you upgrade your cheapest things...and then they show you the cheapest things for each resource. What doesn't work about that?

Forum Champion
    Not a very logical argument. It works perfectly as should in that it displays the least expensive upgrades available. That is the mechanic it operates under. So if you want to know the cheapest upgrade, check the list. If not, ignore it. But to say it is not working just because you don’t agree with the mechanics is just silly. Perhaps it is SCs opinion that we should upgrade the cheap stuff first?