Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: From GayMartians, thanks Supercell! - The 500 ws milestone

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SSeleulc View Post
    I still kinda want to know how they knew to sell barracks and all the other odd stuff to minimize weights which were only possible before clan wars were even introduced.
    As the guy said, they started out as an experiment. Talk to the better engineers on forum, and they explore all scenarios in pursuit of optimised perfection.
    War weight (as we know it now) comprises offence and defence. Since the barracks is the tool that unlocks offence (troops), then I would suppose it is fitting to look at the differential caused by "down sizing".
    These pioneering experiments are likely the reason that GM could come up with a calculator that was far superior to anyone else.
    No matter which side ones emotions are entrenched in the maxer v engineer debate that has gone on here since forever, GM deserve special mention within the game simply because they were so good at what they did.
    Maybe there are clans that could beat up on them with a full weighted war, but they paved the way for many to choose an all together different variant as to how to play, and with far more success.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 5 Days Ago at 12:53 AM.

Well done GM, you were the marmite of the clash world!

You were the masters of engineering and many tried to copy you but there will only be one GM.

I would also like to recycle this meme I during for the n00bs v GM hunt, enjoy:

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    A lot of players seem to think that they can participate in the paralympics by shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    As the guy said, they started out as an experiment. Talk to the better engineers on forum, and they explore all scenarios in pursuit of optimised perfection.
    War weight (as we know it now) comprises offence and defence. Since the barracks is the tool that unlocks offence (troops), then I would suppose it is fitting to look at the differential caused by "down sizing".
    These pioneering experiments are likely the reason that GM could come up with a calculator that was far superior to anyone else.
    No matter which side ones emotions are entrenched in the maxer v engineer debate that has gone on here since forever, GM deserve special mention within the game simply because they were so good at what they did.
    Maybe there are clans that could beat up on them with a full weighted war, but they paved the way for many to choose an all together different variant as to how to play, and with far more success.
    I don't have a problem with what they did and find it impressive although almost entirely boring wars. I'm just confused by how they knew to experiment/optimize/downsize even before wars came out.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by SSeleulc View Post
    I still kinda want to know how they knew to sell barracks and all the other odd stuff to minimize weights which were only possible before clan wars were even introduced.
    I found out not too long ago that before TH12, you could modify some files to skip the tutorial which means you didn't have to build barracks or the baby cannon. You can't do this now though since you are required to place buildings to upgrade.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I found out not too long ago that before TH12, you could modify some files to skip the tutorial which means you didn't have to build barracks or the baby cannon. You can't do this now though since you are required to place buildings to upgrade.
    That is %100 true, against the TOS mind you.

Thank you guys. It was an absolute pleasure clashing with such a legendary clan and amazing, brilliant beings. Martian Mind Power bonds us and will hold strong forever!!

Their biggest achievement/milestone are the 2 x names changes they received from Supercell as special treatment. Glad to know their is one less Engineerd clan to content with. Enjoy your retirement.