Thread: New spell that disables traps

New spell that disables traps

I propose that a special freeze spell, not just limited to solely defenses and CC troops, be made. This spell should be able to disable (until after the spell's duration) a trap, or multiple traps as well as the surrounding buildings and troops (opponent's CC).

For balancing issues, this spell would take up 2 space (instead of the current 1), and cost significantly more elixir than the current freeze spell.

Imagine, during a raid, troops that have low health, all walk over a giant bomb. Raid over. IF that player had this special freeze spell cooked up, they could quickly drop it on the bomb, and preserve their troops. Once the spell runs out of time, the bomb still goes off.

Or, one's in the middle of a balloon raid, and their loons get stuck in a tornado trap. With a drop of the new freeze spell on that tornado trap, the effect of the trap is frozen for the spell's duration. Now the balloons are free to fly away, until the freeze spell runs out of time, and all troops within the tornado traps radius get sucked in.

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by XCdude96; 1 Week Ago at 08:41 PM.

Trying to balance CoC and schoolwork once again
    I think I'd rather see this being incorporated into the current Freeze Spell, but I think it'd be a neat addition. The only thing is that it may be slightly OP, but considering it isn't easy to freeze traps such as Giant Bombs to begin with, then maybe not, since you'd need good timing. The Tornado Trap is a different story however since it lasts longer.

This is all assuming that preemptively freezing a certain area doesn't disable traps, and that Bombs and other traps will still detonate after the freeze duration wears off.
    Last edited by DARDANIUS; 1 Week Ago at 11:16 PM.
    CoC Accounts: Darkwind™ (TH11 - LV 176 - 41/50/15) | DARDANIUS (TH10 - LV 126 - 20/21)
    Clan: CAESARS BOYZ (LV 12 - Gold I) #YPU22PYG - Interested in joining? Click here!
    Clashing since Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    I think I'd rather see this being incorporated into the current Freeze Spell, but I think it'd be a neat addition. The only thing is that it may be slightly OP, but considering it isn't easy to freeze traps such as Giant Bombs to begin with, then maybe not, since you'd need good timing. The Tornado Trap is a different story however since it lasts longer.

This is all assuming that preemptively freezing a certain area doesn't disable traps, and that Bombs and other traps will still detonate after the freeze duration wears off.
    Yes. The traps would be effective after the spell wears off, and don't disable the traps until they are activated. So a super bomb wouldn't be frozen unless it is in the process of exploding.