Thread: Weight Limit

Weight Limit

The match ups in Clan Wars almost always seem to end up with the highest bases, the town hall 8’s and below don’t get a look in. The number of times we have come against 4 town hall 12’s and a bunch of 11’s and 10’s with nothing lower is a bit too frequent.

How about a weight limit that forces clans to be less ‘top heavy’

for (a very simplified non algorithm based) example, a war of 15 town hall 12’s would weigh in at 180 whereas 1 x th12 and 2 x th11 plus 4 x th10, 6 x th9 and 1 x th8 and 1 x TH7 would weigh in at 143. A ‘weight limit’ of about 145 would help encourage clans to include a wider spread of town halls in the daily war preparation time.

Maybe a weighting bonus, clans that punch ‘above their daily weight’ scoring more rewards. This would also encourage participation where more active clans could score well against tougher but less active opposition.

Anyway, I’m sure it’s a programmer’s nightmare but those are my thoughts anyway.

Thanks for reading.

Forum Champion
    I think SC wants clans to be top heavy. Especially in CWL which is what I assume you are talking about. Th9 and doing poorly or being left out of CWL? Upgrade to 10! I use that as an example but that is basically SCs stance. They have gone out if their way to make advancing your base easily than ever before. They did this to help prepare for CWL where “you will want to be a th12”. (SCs words in quotes. Not mine) Besides, adding some arbitrary weight to the town hall puts newly upgraded players at a big disadvantage. There is a world of difference between a new th9 and a maxed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin289 View Post
    The match ups in Clan Wars almost always seem to end up with the highest bases, the town hall 8’s and below don’t get a look in. The number of times we have come against 4 town hall 12’s and a bunch of 11’s and 10’s with nothing lower is a bit too frequent.

How about a weight limit that forces clans to be less ‘top heavy’

for (a very simplified non algorithm based) example, a war of 15 town hall 12’s would weigh in at 180 whereas 1 x th12 and 2 x th11 plus 4 x th10, 6 x th9 and 1 x th8 and 1 x TH7 would weigh in at 143. A ‘weight limit’ of about 145 would help encourage clans to include a wider spread of town halls in the daily war preparation time.

Maybe a weighting bonus, clans that punch ‘above their daily weight’ scoring more rewards. This would also encourage participation where more active clans could score well against tougher but less active opposition.

Anyway, I’m sure it’s a programmer’s nightmare but those are my thoughts anyway.

Thanks for reading.
    It would encourage including other hall levels (looks like it would require it) and those hall levels would be encouraged to be maxed out and left that way permanently, which is not something SC wants. SC wants players to upgrade. Even if they did make this change, your clan would still be winning about 50% of the time, just like it is now. I don’t think much changes other than the appearance of it.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Thanks, yes, I guess it depends on their agenda. Just a bit demoralising as we drop the leagues because we appear to stink rather than trying to tank! We’re a level 12 clan but don’t have any TH12’s and I’m loathe to rush through the last of TH10 and 11 just to get siege machines.