Thread: Stuck in "updating..." splashscreen

Stuck in "updating..." splashscreen

Game was fine about 8h ago. This morning it woke up stuck in updating. Tried everything (restart the device, shutdown the device, uninstall/ reinstall the game), nothing works.
    Symptoms: game is stuck in updating, after approximately 3 minutes it displays the "connection lost" splashscreen (connection is fine on my side btw, with 16Mps speed). When I tap "try again" it goes back to updating again for another 3 minutes, and so on, and so on.
    Lev 199 - Lovely Pigs - #VQGRULOV - kik SusannaLovelyPigs

Perhaps you were trying to open it during its weekly maintenance? Hopefully it’s working now.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRaptor View Post
    Perhaps you were trying to open it during its weekly maintenance? Hopefully it’s working now.
    I believe the maintenance was hours earlier than I woke up. I forgot to mention I checked Facebook for that, and Supercell there was saying maintenance was over and they were back online. It is still stuck in updating 😞

Hello!
    I am still stuck in there.
    I contacted supercell support filling out the "contact us form" stating my problem and listing what troubleshooting actions I tried already, and I got a quick standard reply were they suggested to do those very same things I already tried (aka they didnt read my message entirely). So, I'd appreciate any suggestion from any friendly fellow farmer. I would try everything... except maybe buying another device 😭.

Things tried already (and not effective)
    - simple device restart
    - device shutdown (power off, power on)
    - app: clear cache / clear data
    - checked internet speed (16Mbps measured by https://fast.com), good
    - checked available storage (10GB), good
    - checked available memory (1.1GB), good
    - checked device system software (up to date, android 8.1.0), good
    - checked Google play games (updated), good
    - turn off / on wifi
    - turn off / on router
    - unistall/ reinstall the game
    Nothing helped so far.

Open to suggestions, thanks in advance

Happy to report that after everything I tried, and nothing worked, I was just about to try a factory reset on my device, which I am glad I didnt do after all, because luckily too busy IRL.
    After several hours, I decided to try once again opening the game, and to my big surprise, after a few seconds of "updating" splashscreen I saw the "connecting" message. A moment of pure joy after a gloomy day 😍. Whoever did what they did to get me out of trouble, human or supernatural entity, whoever you are, you are my hero today 😂. Thank you

I have 3 samsung tab a, 2016 or newer. None of them have got past the "updating" screen since the maintenance last monday. It works on my phones. Fix this Hay Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Poolwrench View Post
    I have 3 samsung tab a, 2016 or newer. None of them have got past the "updating" screen since the maintenance last monday. It works on my phones. Fix this Hay Day!
    Hi, it looks like a problem with our specific model... I have a Samsung tab A 2016 as well.
    Today after the maintenance I held my breath seeing that "updating..." splashscreen again. Lucky me, I didnt got stuck in there this time around. I have no idea what got me out if trouble last week (I tried everything I could and nothing worked, and assistance could help much), but I am starting to suspect it could be related to the specific network connection I was using (even if fast enough, maybe it was that).
    I am saying this because, as I went on with my day, I kept my tablet with me, and tried to connect every now and then, and when it finally got through I wasn't home, in that specific moment I was using a wifi tethered from my mobile phone (a slow connection!), so basically I was using a different network. You may want to try that if you can. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is ...