Thread: Chat

Fresh Spawn

Chat

This chat censorship is really bad. We are a Norwegian clan, and when we talk the consorship is ruining a lot of chat. It makes it really hard sometimes to understand what they are saying. And the censorship is really bad as well, cause it even recognize words that maybe kind of only look like swear word in English, but really isn't. It doesn't even care about spaces either. Even when some Norwegian words when put together doesn't even create an existing English word, it censor it. If it recognized parts of two word, it might only just censor part of the first word, the space between them and part of the second word, it doesn't even make sense. A lot of languages have word that might be a bit similar to English swear words, mean something totally different. I perfectly understand why you have such in a chat, but common, this version is ruining more of the chat than it helps. Pleas try make it better, maybe add a variable for a clan that tells which country it is from, and only English speaking countries have this censor or let each leader have the opportunity to turn it of in clan chat or if you want to go big, have and text recognition algorithm which returns the language and then censor any swear words that is in that specified language (though would be very difficult)

Forum Champion
    It’s not just English words that get censored. Trust me. The same happens across all of global chat in any language. SC has to enforce it as strictly as they do to help try to prevent people from finding ways around the censor. There are likely also legal reasons as SC uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) to facilitate its chat rooms. I’d imagine that to keep a rating of 13+ years to play, certain standards must be followed. I don’t like it either but I like it less when some troll starts spewing profanity at me on global.

Quote Originally Posted by LocalBro View Post
    This chat censorship is really bad. We are a Norwegian clan, and when we talk the consorship is ruining a lot of chat. It makes it really hard sometimes to understand what they are saying. And the censorship is really bad as well, cause it even recognize words that maybe kind of only look like swear word in English, but really isn't. It doesn't even care about spaces either. Even when some Norwegian words when put together doesn't even create an existing English word, it censor it. If it recognized parts of two word, it might only just censor part of the first word, the space between them and part of the second word, it doesn't even make sense. A lot of languages have word that might be a bit similar to English swear words, mean something totally different. I perfectly understand why you have such in a chat, but common, this version is ruining more of the chat than it helps. Pleas try make it better, maybe add a variable for a clan that tells which country it is from, and only English speaking countries have this censor or let each leader have the opportunity to turn it of in clan chat or if you want to go big, have and text recognition algorithm which returns the language and then censor any swear words that is in that specified language (though would be very difficult)
    Just in case you are discussing your clan chat, please note you can turn off the censor. You can’t turn it off for global and, yes, many words are censored by the automated program that don’t need to be, but it is better than no censor at all.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.