Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: A message to Other Players Since This is a Community Forum After All

A message to Other Players Since This is a Community Forum After All

First off let me give a little history of how we got here. Our clan is a mixed war clan of TH 10’s – TH 12’s. We have out of game league members (CWL - Champions War League, NDL - No Dip League, as well as a few smaller ones) in our clan. We are part of an alliance that also has clans with membership very similar to ours. Level 14 clan, 87% win ratio, etc. Point is we aren’t new to the game, nor are we the “casual” player base. Again, just for a little background on us.

When the SC CWL was announced and the format of how it was going to work (our opinions of suggested changes are for another day), we were pretty excited to say the least. We could break our clan into 3 different clans running all the heavy 12’s in the main clan, and use the other 2 clans to divide our lower TH 12’s, 11’s, and 10’s. This way we all could participate, and for the all heavy TH 12 clan (our main clan), we could finally get EVEN competitive wars without all the out of game time sink that’s needed for out of game leagues, as we obviously wouldn’t have to worry about mismatches.

Season one we are placed in Masters 1, won overall and easily moved up to Champs 3. For season 2 we finished 3rd overall and actually lost to the first place clan by 1 star. Had we won that war, we again would have been the top clan overall, so we stayed in Champs 3. For season 3 we finished top overall again, and moved to Champs 2. Which leads us to today and the start of this CWL, season 4. We won our first two matches and are currently in our 3rd war. Good times, fun stuff.

Remember this is an all TH 12 CWL, every base we have seen has most, if not all defenses maxed. Wars are commonly lost and won by one or two stars. The highest number of stars for ANY clan up to this point has been 33 stars.

One of the clans we beat in the first two wars, we’ll call them clan A for sake of the forums, is an FWA clan (Farming War Alliance) for those that don’t know. They are currently against another clan, we’ll call clan B, that is also a FWA clan. Yep, you know where this is going. Both of their logs are open, you can clearly see the FWA history and pattern. What they want to do in random spins is on them, it doesn’t affect our clan, or the other 5 clans in our league. But when it happens in the CWL, now it does.

At the moment clan A has 14 attacks for 41 stars (obviously will be the loser and finish with 44 stars). While clan B has 12 attacks for 36 stars (obviously will win with a perfect score and percentage). Those star counts will be very tough to overcome for the other 6 clans (including us). Remember every base is 2 starred in these wars, with only a select few 3 starred every war.

Needless to say, this hasn’t been accepted well by most of our clan, and if the other clans are paying attention, I’m sure it won’t sit well for them either. While this can still happen to some extent regardless, the fact that it’s so blatant, and they didn’t even try to hide it has me concerned. Will SC act on this? Will they look the other way and allow this to happen? If so, that league we were so excited about when announced, is starting to feel like Christmas when a new toy is broken when you open it as a kid.

Several of us have sent in game messages to SC support, and several more will. But some of the feedback honestly makes me scratch my head, and wonder if they even have a clue (I’m honestly trying to tread carefully here and not break ToS while giving accurate and honest criticism and feedback).

If you stumble on this Darian, and do take the time to read, I don’t expect you to wave a magic wand. But we have done all we can do as a clan, and as leadership I’m perusing another avenue I had accessible to me. If you are interested in seeing it first hand, by all means let me know, as our clan door is always open to you.

Millennial Club
    As far as I know, Darian is only a community manager. In other words, he only comments on the forums. He doesn't enforce anything in the game.

Isn't customer support the ones that bans clans?
    Last edited by move4ward; January 12th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well don't play it then. The game is all about having fun. If you don't find that aspect of it to be fun, then don't play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What evidence I have seen suggests that most people are finding it fun. But obviously, not everybody will.

Just trying to get the word out on all avenues. Most in our clan have posted inquiries in game. Im sure if Darian sees this, he can take it up the ladder. After all, he is the community manager, the one who deals with the forums. So he sees the problem and can get the proper personnel involved to investigate the issue

Quote Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
    As far as I know, Darian is only a community manager. In other words, he only comments on the forums. He doesn't enforce anything in the game.

Isn't customer support the ones that bans clans?
    That is correct he is the Community Manager, he is the pipeline between the forum members and SuperCell. As he is one of the few Paid employees who are active on the forums.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Whomever changed the title name, thanks. Darian has responded to post like that in the past, including my own and had no issues with it. If it was an issue, it would have been nice to know is all. Leaving CWL collusion in the title would have been appreciated, as it is what the post was about. Not trying to be rude.
    Last edited by Millerman78; January 12th, 2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    Darian has spoken on this many times. He explained they have a delay built in to try to prevent clans from starting at the same time. But, I've not seen a delay. I've only seen clans discussing long match times in the higher leagues.

I don't know if what they are doing is working or not. No way for a player to know that.

Related to this, I think spying is a huge issue in CWL. In regular wars, the clan can prevent it. But in CWL, we can't do anything. We had a player try to join us which I rejected. I checked a few hours later and that player is a member of a clan that we will go to war against later in CWL 4.

While he didn't get into our clan, he or she, doesn't have to get in to our clan. If another clan let's them in they can see all the bases for every clan that that clan has warred with.

Darian has said they will take disciplinary action for collusion. I think he said they already have. But spying? Unless it has changed is not a violation of ToS.

With CWL, it is time for a change. That should be a violation of ToS. I'm sure SC does not want to be inundated with reports. I could understand that before CWL, we had the tools to prevent it. Now we don't. We cannot in anyway control what the other 8 clans do. There have been clans that left their clan to anyone can join during CWL. I started to make a separate thread regarding this but I feared it might get closed so I didn't. I'm sure SC is aware of it, I'm not sure they will take corrective action but they need to.
    Simple solution, build in a feature that allows leaders the ability to “tag” individual accounts. What I mean is, we have 3 clans running clan war leagues. I have a TH12 I bounce around with to each to donate and such, if the leaders tag me and associate me with their clan, it would allow me the ability to move about clans without having to request to join. This way, during scwl, you just wouldn’t allow new members to join. It’s onlu a week, would fix all the “spying” also dramatically help with moving around to Family clans

Quote Originally Posted by TrainEngineer View Post
    Simple solution, build in a feature that allows leaders the ability to “tag” individual accounts. What I mean is, we have 3 clans running clan war leagues. I have a TH12 I bounce around with to each to donate and such, if the leaders tag me and associate me with their clan, it would allow me the ability to move about clans without having to request to join. This way, during scwl, you just wouldn’t allow new members to join. It’s onlu a week, would fix all the “spying” also dramatically help with moving around to Family clans
    Not necessarily, not on collusion. Also, a clan that allows another clan member in from a past opponent wouldn't be stopped this way. As one posted above, spying can't be stopped, as your clan has no control of other clans actions. IMO the only way to do this would be to hide the clan names and tags in the league, which would be odd and likely unsupported.

Centennial Club
    How did the topic change to spying? OP posted about collusion.

Collusion has always been against ToS. Not sure what SC will do if clans "manage" wars.

It is very difficult to stop spying unless you stop people leaving or joining clans during CWL. I am against hiding clan info as that takes away some of the fun.

I slogged through that wall of text as best I could and still have trouble figuring what your point is.

Are you saying there is collusion in CWL?

Or are you complaining that some clans are better than others?
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

One way to counter this is to ignore star counts. Count wins, tie breaker is star difference.

Means clan with the highest war wins will win. If tied, the total star difference from each war will be used as a tie breaker. If you scored 35 stars in war and opponent scored 34, you have +1 tie breaker points and so on.