Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Trader

The Trader

500 for a shovel? Supercell that's 5 bucks, these should be like 50 gems. A book of heroes for 500 is probably the only decent offer in the first place. Training potion is decent at 25. Other than that. The trader is a complete waste. Zero interest in spending my gems at the trader. It should not be this way.
    Leader of "Dark Wolves" - Dark Wolves is recruiting (search for #92L22G8C) - 329-176-6 war record - TH11

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniva13 View Post
    500 for a shovel? Supercell that's 5 bucks
    special obstacle
    needs
    special item
    has
    special prize
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 5 Days Ago at 10:53 AM.

I'll wait til it's free in clan games...

It was free in last clan games.

If you think shovels are overpriced then don’t buy them. SC will either lower the price or only offer them as a free item in clan games or as event rewards.....

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    The only thing I buy from trader is the book of heroes. Otherwise, I tend to wait til the clan games rewards come in.

Related question (I'm debating starting a poll thread for this). Is it just me or are the clock tower offers (both free and paid with gems) way, way, way too frequent. I'll buy training potions, but I'm so uninterested in clock tower potions.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear38 View Post
    Related question (I'm debating starting a poll thread for this). Is it just me or are the clock tower offers (both free and paid with gems) way, way, way too frequent. I'll buy training potions, but I'm so uninterested in clock tower potions.
    Same here, I only care about training potions and only get clock potion if its free.

Quote Originally Posted by KuKurokishi View Post
    Same here, I only care about training potions and only get clock potion if its free.
    same here...

BUT... This is exactly why they lowered the training potions offered.
    They want you to spend more gems thus paying more money...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniva13 View Post
    500 for a shovel? Supercell that's 5 bucks, these should be like 50 gems. A book of heroes for 500 is probably the only decent offer in the first place. Training potion is decent at 25. Other than that. The trader is a complete waste. Zero interest in spending my gems at the trader. It should not be this way.
    Seems to me that the purchase price of pretty much everything is determined by supply and demand. If no one ever buys a single shovel for 500 gems, how long do you think it'll be before SuperCell reduces the cost? Vote with your dollar. Don't buy things. It's reasonable to expect that SuperCell staffers will be looking at those statistics and will make recommendations about how to optimize sales. It's NOT reasonable to expect that SuperCell staffers are going to jump into action after reading your grumpy forum post.

FYI, the max length of a hero upgrade is 7 days. Gemming 7 days of upgrade time costs 1000 gems, so if you buy a hero book from the trader for 500 gems, you save the other 500 gems. The max length of a lab upgrade is 14 days. Gemming 14 days of lab time costs 1863 gems, so if you buy a fighting book or spell book from the trader for 925 gems, you can save the other 938 gems. If you count the hero book as a "decent offer", surely the fighting and spell books are too.

And what about the six free potions every 39 days? Also a "complete waste" as you said?

Sandy
    Last edited by Sandy2; 4 Days Ago at 08:44 PM.
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th10+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th7+. Learn the ropes.