Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inactive player opt in messes up Derby

Inactive player opt in messes up Derby

We have a couple of inactive players in our neighbourhood. I haven't booted them out because they played for a long time and were key players when our hood was new.

However one of them was opted into the derby this week by what I can only assume is a bug as they haven't played for months. It means that with an 18 task Derby, even if we were all to do an extra task, we can't get all the horseshoes. (We do 300+ tasks no tenth usually)

I've had the occasional player get opted in mysteriously but we've always been able to contact them and help them zoom through the tasks.

We really only derby for the horseshoes and I enjoy the bit of challenge that the new horseshoe thresholds bring but this means that that as the leader I need to be much quicker to boot players when they don't check in for a while.

Support said 'Get the player to contact us so we can investigate! We look forward to their message!'.

They sometimes appear to have no understanding of the issues whatsoever.

All The Time
    This has happened to us on a couple of occasions, Fitzet, and it has been happening for a long time. Others have also posted about it.
    The only thing you can do is to check your derby stand minutes before the derby starts.

Yes. I did that for a while after the last time it happened and then let it slide. Leader Lessons Learned!

I just got a reply from support saying 'here's how the Derby works'. Really they are frustrating to deal with. I'm going to peruse it with them to see if I can get an acknowledgement it's a bug. I can't find a thread in the bugs section of the forum but I'm sure one is there.

Sorry to read this. Itís happened to me a few times too, donít expect support to listen and understand, according to them everything is tickety boo always!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulettes View Post
    Sorry to read this. Itís happened to me a few times too, donít expect support to listen and understand, according to them everything is tickety boo always!!
    The land of fantasy 🌈🎈🏆🍟🍫🍔🙄

This happened to my Neighbor twice....I send her message and make her play....I can do this it's my sister....she gets so mad sends message to support and of course they are no help and told her it's a known issues. I like irritating her. Lol

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    I had one long-time nh player who used to get opted in quite often. She always told me she had not opted in herself and never touched the derby box but somehow her farm gets opted in automatically. She had notified Help & Support several times but to no avail. It hasn't happened for a quite a while now but I ALWAYS check who is opting in close to the official derby start time. If whoever is opting in hasn't said anything to me about opting in, I opt that player out myself.

Do you guys remember the time when HD opted EVERYONE in?! I was able to reach everyone and they came back to do the derby with a lot of help from those who had been active enough to do so. After that week, I removed all the players who had been inactive and sent them pm to tell them they are welcome to request to join us again any time. It was really a polite gesture because they had moved on to some other game.
    HayDay Level 162
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 150 Gold, 27 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years

I'll be doing a big clearout on Monday. Most of the neighbourhood are contactable, friends or family members so usually we've managed to sort it. This time it's not the case so it's boot time. Can't risk it happening again! Luckily my maths was wrong so by half of us doing an extra task we'll get our last horseshoe.

Support closed my second message with the link link to the bug. I assume that's the last I'll hear from them!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtalline View Post
    I had one long-time nh player who used to get opted in quite often. She always told me she had not opted in herself and never touched the derby box but somehow her farm gets opted in automatically. She had notified Help & Support several times but to no avail. It hasn't happened for a quite a while now but I ALWAYS check who is opting in close to the official derby start time. If whoever is opting in hasn't said anything to me about opting in, I opt that player out myself.

Do you guys remember the time when HD opted EVERYONE in?! I was able to reach everyone and they came back to do the derby with a lot of help from those who had been active enough to do so. After that week, I removed all the players who had been inactive and sent them pm to tell them they are welcome to request to join us again any time. It was really a polite gesture because they had moved on to some other game.

Ouch... I remember that well!

most hoods had painstakingly got their hood to a point where we had most of our hoodies opted out on their own, then BAM!

it was nice to see some of our quieter hoodies doing derby again, but very stressful
    Farm 138
    CoC TH11 BhB8 max AQ 44 BK 41 GW 6
    established level 15 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

This has happened to me the last 3 derbies. The same dormant player has been opted in. I have no way of contacting him. I have caught it with my routine sweep so it hasnít hurt us. I choose not to boot him bc he still pops in occasionally and was a good player. I wish they would fix this glitch, but they would have to acknowledge it first!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​