Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question about recruiting

Question about recruiting

I have a small hood. We top 3 almost every week. The only reason I'm still recruiting is for my hood mates. As in, hopefully we get new good players who play nicely and run their towns. So my hood mates have more towns to pick up townies from. I came from an older hood, where the leader bailed and made me leader. Well, the name was sort of bad (just "Derby") and most of the trophies I had no part in winning. I wanted my own hood where all our accomplishments were ours, and ours alone. All the hoodies from old group IMMEDIATELY came with me. But in the 4 1/2 months the new hood has existed, we've had not ONE new player work out. They either join, opt in to derby, and then go MIA. Or, they show their true colors pretty quick. As in, in no way do they know how to be a team player or have even any common decency. Why? Am I alone in this? Am I just a magnet for bad horrid players who even come on this forum to try to slander me? Why is this happening? I run 2 farms. So I can assist my players with almost anything they need. I dont do help or mining tasks, bc I know I have more free time than most. ( I'm sick, and always will be, but not saying that for pity.) I take care of my players, and my small core group of players has been with me close to a year now, including time in the old hood. Why is it so hard to find even halfway good, decent, polite players??

I forgot to sign off correctly.
    ☆Pups☆
    Leader of "All The Way To Victory"
    Tag# PY92YC2U

I'm sure there's a clue here somewhere...
    The nice thing about the forum, is you get a good sense of ones character if you're here often enough. I'd suggest maybe contacting some forumers you trust who are also looking for a new hood. I know that can be challenging, but may prove beneficial in the end.

Also, you can always "edit" your original post, rather than posting again, as well as put your sign off info in your signature (I'm happy to help you if you want, just vm/pm me) Good luck!
    Last edited by Tahoe; January 12th, 2019 at 06:55 AM.

Gasps vs Forumers Scorecard

All The Time
    You are not alone Pups. I inherited a neighbourhood, must be over a year ago now, and face the same problems as you.
    I have lost count of the number of players who have joined and then not taken tasks when it comes to the derby. Some go missing having completed the first task, some still play, asking for boat help or donations while not doing their tasks! I don't know which is worse!
    It's not like we are anyone can join, these people have agreed the rules before they join, although I must admit I experimented with anyone can join recently. Five players came in within 2 days. Accepted the rules and I thought I'd cracked it. Wrong! All five messed us about and were evicted - something I don't like doing, but they just ignored my suggestion that they should leave.

As you can see, I don't know what the answer is. I have managed to recruit a couple of good players through answering ads here on the forum. The problem here is there are far more hoods looking for players than there are players looking for neighbourhoods. Those looking for a new neighbourhood usually want a large neighbourhood and usually join those neighbourhoods with a lot of high level players.

Maybe it is time for sc to launch new advertising campaigns so there is an abundance of new players to redress the balance a bit.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Brook.

Forum Veteran
    The problem of finding the right sort of players is an ongoing battle for all of us Pups. You sound like a very decent leader and deserve better, and I’m afraid there’s no easy answer to this problem. Sadly there seems lto sos and less players posting on th forum seeking a hood, so standing out from the myriad hoods seeking players is difficult.
    I have managed to maintain my hood around the 25-30 number for 4 years, mostly by hanging on to a lot of great players, but when someone eventually leaves it is so difficult to replace them. Even though we have almost 150 gold trophies and sit in the top 60 on the global leaderboard, finding players who will be great team mates is an endless struggle. In fairness I’m particularly protective of my team, so anyone I think doesn’t have the ability to both derby within a teamwork setting, or fit in with a thoroughly decent group of players, won’t get in the door.
    I will send you a PM with an idea that might help you a little bit
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Thank you all for the kind replies, much appreciated. Fingers crossed for us all that suddenly there will be a new great batch of players drop out of the sky.

-Pups

Another question really quick..do you all immediately ask new members how much they actually know about how the derby works, and explain why teamwork and opting out is so important? I've actually lost a couple new members simply BC I politely told them we run a very slight delay, and we keep help and mining as wildcard tasks, as in, no requesting they be left on the board. Really, my little hood of 7 is super. We KNOW how each other plays, they KNOW what I expect, BC its made clear (I assume they aren't mind readers, lol). But we just KEEP getting hit with players who seem to think every line of my recruitment post and our hood info has "Just Kidding!" tacked on the end. Once they come in and see we aren't kidding, and how active we are, they bail. Usually right after the beginning of a derby. Fun. �� I've thought of implementing a week long wait to play derby with us, but I don't know. This game is so full of seemingly selfish, bad, impatient points riders as it is. We may never get any new requests if I did that!
    Last edited by FourPupsFarms; January 14th, 2019 at 04:54 PM.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPupsFarms View Post
    Another question really quick..do you all immediately ask new members how much they actually know about how the derby works, and explain why teamwork and opting out is so important? I've actually lost a couple new members simply BC I politely told them we run a very slight delay, and we keep help and mining as wildcard tasks, as in, no requesting they be left on the board. Really, my little hood of 7 is super. We KNOW how each other plays, they KNOW what I expect, BC its made clear (I assume they aren't mind readers, lol). But we just KEEP getting hit with players who seem to think every line of my recruitment post and our hood info has "Just Kidding!" tacked on the end. Once they come in and see we aren't kidding, and how active we are, they bail. Usually right after the beginning of a derby. Fun. �� I've thought of implementing a week long wait to play derby with us, but I don't know. This game is so full of seemingly selfish, bad, impatient points riders as it is. We may never get any new requests if I did that!
    The last person to join my hood - several weeks ago - seemed to think we didn't mean it when we stated how long we delay our start. He went early and, when challenged, gave the excuse that he was in a time zone where he would "lose a day" if he waited as long as we wanted. One of our members pointed out that they were even further around the globe, and always 'lost' a day, but they still managed to do all tasks.

My hood is relaxed, and we persisted in encouraging the new member to follow our ways. The last straw was when he failed to opt out, and then posted in chat that he couldn't play at all that week. Kicking him left us with an uphill task, but in the end we got a great Derby result.

Hay Day level 168 (main farm) - I have several others

I’d ask people who want to play derby to join your NH after derby has already started so they’ll get a good feel of your NH and how your NH works. If they are serious about wanting to join your NH and follow your rules then it wouldn’t hurt for them to get a feel for it 1st IMO. If they aren’t willing to wait and see before joining a derby then it might be that they aren’t a good fit for your NH(again just my opinion). Good luck to you.