Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New th9 player needing tips of what to upgrade

New th9 player needing tips of what to upgrade

Hi guys!
    i just upgraded to th9 and I need tips of what to upgrade first. I already have my cc and lab upgrading and Im saving up for archer queen. Is there anything else I should focus on first. Any tips help
    ty!

Centennial Club
    Keep a builder devoted for heroes, 1 for walls and the other 3 for base dev. Focus hard on farming de as th9 sucks it up. Loonion works great (loons were my first upgrade) Dont make the mistake of focusing too much on defenses and forget about your heroes. Welcome to the de grind.

Focus on army camps, spell factory, dark barracks,dark spell factory. Barracks and skeleton spell unlock can be done later.

Basically every attack you do in farming should be focused on getting DE as that's the thing that will limit you the most.

Gold and Elixir will overflow before you're done with all of your DE needs. Always keep your heroes upgrading and focus on researching your farming troops first.

Level 17
    - 5,639/17,800 | Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 196] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Keep all builders free . whenever an upgrade is finished , upgrade a few walls . Upgrade wiz tower , mortar , xbow bomb tower air defense before other defenses. Try t

Heros and research. I usually have both Heros upgrading at the same time. I always keep all builders busy and upgrade walls every time a building is competed. My walls were maxed well before everything else so saving a builder for walls is a waste.

XBows and Air Defense is probably the more important defenses as many people farm with Balloons.

Even though I am not a th9, here's what I use: have the lab going non-stop, upgrade in respective order:
    1. Lab, Army camps, Clan castle, spell factories
    2. DE drill and storage, resource collectors and storages (optional)
    3. Air defenses, cannons, wiz towers, archer towers, mortars, teslas
    4. Traps
    Upgrade one barracks at a time and if have extra loot, do hero upgrades

Hope this helps!
    Brickbang

Clash of Clans:TH8 -#P9JUV0Y0Q | Boom Beach:HQ9-#9C82UV2Y8
    YouTube Channel- Brickbang Gaming
    Current Clan: Little Havana

Forum Legend
    Queen and offense
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Millennial Club
    Hero n troops for sure

Get your Spell Factory going, you unlock the Jump and Freeze spells and get more slots. After that start working on camps, basically a 10% buff to offense once you are done with all four. After those I would get a level of Dark Spell Factory if you plan on using Balloons; the haste spell is super useful. The second level for Some spell is lower priority and should be left until later.

Any time you have the DE, upgrade your Queen. If you have enough for the King as well, do that too. I worked on my DE infrastructure at this point and upgraded the storage and drills. Then I worked on both levels of the Dark Barracks. Hounds and Witches are both useful in war so try to hold off to long on getting these if you war. I upgraded one normal Barracks to unlock Baby Dragons, but since I don't use a ton of them, I slowly staggered the rest.

Early on is DE and elixir heavy. Spend your gold on walls. You have two levels so starting early is best. If you have a free builder and not enough elixir for your next upgrade, work on getting your new defenses to TH8 level. I dropped X-bows relatively early, once I was working on Barracks.

Once you are to this point you will mainly have defenses left, the order doesn't matter too much, but Teslas, Wizard Towers and Air Defenses were what I did first, then X-bows max, and finally everything else.

Most important advice is to keep your heroes upgrading as much as possible.