Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The state of the game

Quote Originally Posted by scglobal View Post
    Testing how the bat spell was supposed to be used is often not how the customers think to use it. For example, I could see lots of testing using one bat spell potion, and thinking, "yay it works". Green light it and put it into the release. (this is simplified of course. I am sure they did more extensive testing on it)

Of course, the customers/players decided, I wonder if I take 8 bat spells and 1 stone slammer, how it might do in a raid or war attack? And boom, the overpowered nature of the bat spell and stone slammer has been discovered , made public to millions of players by Youtube and message forums, and now needs to be nerfed.
    Really, like every other nerf they had to do? It is ALWAYS whatever troop or spell in mass, that causes problems. You mean to tell me that not one tester tried to use a bunch of bat spells??!! Non sense, that was released knowing it was OP, like pretty much every other troop they release. It becomes the meta, you need to upgrade to compete and then, they play dumb and nerf it to where they want it. SC is either clueless or brilliant. Seeing how much money they make is go with the later. Not like they had to tweak it, they gutted it.

Heh, they're either clueless or brilliant money grubbers,the beauty of being a freemium gaming company. Rofl

I personally think while there's an element of releasing something strong for gemming purposes, I also think their testing process is seriously flawed. So in my opinion its kinda a mix of the two. I'd love to know if there's athird option at play here. Anyone got any ideas if it could be anything else other than clueless testing or cash grab? I'd love to have a third option to offer SC so they can save face.

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I think the state of the game is great. There’s more to play and do than ever before. Balance is pretty good. The game isn’t perfect for everyone. I get that. But I’m pretty content with the 2018 updates and hoping 2019 can bring some additional fun and fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    Non sense, that was released knowing it was OP, like pretty much every other troop they release.
    You mean like e-drags, ice golems, skellie spell, clone spell? Baby drags? Even bowlers when they were first released were pretty useless IIRC; they didn't take hold until the housing space was cut. Most of the new items haven't been released OP. A lot of people trot out the cynical line that SC always release strong, wait for the gems and then nerf, but the reality is they usually don't. Which makes Hanlon's razor sound all the more plausible here...

It is ALWAYS whatever troop or spell in mass, that causes problems. You mean to tell me that not one tester tried to use a bunch of bat spells??!!
    But that is the puzzler. We have been here before. Not so much for new troops, more often for upgrades (eg addition of the GW and the new witch level). You would think someone would have dropped 8-10 bat spells to see what happened on a few different bases.
    For info on CWL see: CWL survival guide and data posts: 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other)
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by Rephren View Post
    Heh, they're either clueless or brilliant money grubbers,the beauty of being a freemium gaming company. Rofl

I personally think while there's an element of releasing something strong for gemming purposes, I also think their testing process is seriously flawed. So in my opinion its kinda a mix of the two. I'd love to know if there's athird option at play here. Anyone got any ideas if it could be anything else other than clueless testing or cash grab? I'd love to have a third option to offer SC so they can save face.
    I love it, embracing the healing power of AND .. it was a cash grab that went seriously wrong because of flawed testing.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Which makes Hanlon's razor sound all the more plausible here
    Always thought it was called Occam Razor

Anyway I agree that these conspiracy theories are ridiculous. Supercell nerfed the Bat Spell the second day, and did a second nerf a few weeks later. Sieges machines were nerf quickly also. If it was for money and gems they would have done the nerf after several months. It is also true that many troops were released underpowered rather than OP, which necessitated many balancing changes to make them useful. Expemples being the Bowler, the Valkyrie, the hogrider, the jump spell; all of these troops and spells where underused in the beginning and supercell had to balance them. Many people see conspiracy theories everywhere, some still think men did not land on the moon, and that the moon is made of green cheese.

The probleme with this game is that the more new troops are released and the more the more difficult the balancing becomes. When you release a new troop you have to make sure that it is not overpowered or that it does not make another troop overpowered. And when balancing the troop happens it also must not turn another troop into something underpowered or overpowered. Balancing will become more and more difficult as the game got bigger.

The danger is this game someday becoming a rock-paper-scissors games, similar to what CR is slowly becoming with all the cards they are releasing. CoC should not turn to this. When the bat spell was released some people were happy because it would force players to shift from single tatget inferno to multi target inferno. The game should never reach a point where designing your base in a specific way (let's say single inferno) would make you completely open to a specific attack, while designing your base another way (let's say multi inferno) will make you totally defenseless against another strategy.

This is why balancing is tricky and crucial, to keep the strategy and troops deployment as the main factor of whining, rather than it becoming a rock, scissor, paper thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by J4sonA View Post
    Always thought it was called Occam Razor

Anyway I agree that these conspiracy theories are ridiculous. Supercell nerfed the Bat Spell the second day, and did a second nerf a few weeks later. Sieges machines were nerf quickly also. If it was for money and gems they would have done the nerf after several months. It is also true that many troops were released underpowered rather than OP, which necessitated many balancing changes to make them useful. Expemples being the Bowler, the Valkyrie, the hogrider, the jump spell; all of these troops and spells where underused in the beginning and supercell had to balance them. Many people see conspiracy theories everywhere, some still think men did not land on the moon, and that the moon is made of green cheese.

The probleme with this game is that the more new troops are released and the more the more difficult the balancing becomes. When you release a new troop you have to make sure that it is not overpowered or that it does not make another troop overpowered. And when balancing the troop happens it also must not turn another troop into something underpowered or overpowered. Balancing will become more and more difficult as the game got bigger.

The danger is this game someday becoming a rock-paper-scissors games, similar to what CR is slowly becoming with all the cards they are releasing. CoC should not turn to this. When the bat spell was released some people were happy because it would force players to shift from single tatget inferno to multi target inferno. The game should never reach a point where designing your base in a specific way (let's say single inferno) would make you completely open to a specific attack, while designing your base another way (let's say multi inferno) will make you totally defenseless against another strategy.

This is why balancing is tricky and crucial, to keep the strategy and troops deployment as the main factor of whining, rather than it becoming a rock, scissor, paper thingy.
    It would be good if all troops were released either balanced or underwhelming. These things don't break the game. Everyone keeps playing as usual and SC is free to balance them into use. Releasing OP troops is bad for the game. It shifts the Meta too quickly and players barely have time to adjust. When you do adjust your base they nerf it.

I won't go as far as to say they release them OP in hopes that they get gemmed and then nerf them, I think that is a byproduct of a bad decision and reflects on them as a poor business practice.

What I will say is that everyone making videos with the Developer build said the Bat Spell was OP. Why do they get the build early if SC is not going to listen to them? We were told it was OP in play testing and they released it anyway. Why didn't they nerf it in the Developer build when all the reviewers were showing how OP it was?

The issues with the bat spell, should have been seen in alpha testing. They basically cut the power in half after release, that is testing? Like I said either they are brilliant or clueless, that's they only choice on that issue.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #79
    And thatís the end of that.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy