Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League Suggestion for better Matchmaking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Clan War League Suggestion for better Matchmaking

I just want to suggest a solution to the matchmaking of Clan War League , I suggest that supercell should have two in one system of matchmaking for clan war league . One for players or clans who wants to be at top and the other system is for those clans who just wanna have some fun and enjoy the clan war league event . Lets says , for clans that are already at champion league , starting from champion 3 to 1 , make the matchmaking based on the current system while master league 1 down to the lowest league follows matchmaking based on weight like the normal war. Let clans who wanted to be on top continue to compete until they reach the top , while giving others a chance to enjoy their clan war league based on their clan strength. Right now having 4 season of CWL , I believe most players already realizes who can only be at top league. These are clans that are having a 15 skilled max th12 account. So I believe most of the clan doesnít have this kind of composition. Thatís why many are disappointed at this time. Others want to be on top , and others donít , others just wanted to be at a level that is fair enough for them to enjoy.

Competitiveness of a Clan doesnít measure by TH Level , but to be at the Top of the League , in Clan War League means to have at least 15 skilled or max TH12 players. These are facts about CWL , based on what we heard and experience . Not all will enjoy CWL if the current system still persist. Last season we enjoy being no 1 at crystal 2 in our CWL match turn out to experience so much disadvantage defeat in a crystal 1 today. We also suggest to have an option of choice not to be promoted in the next league . To drop league meaning no need to attack or make sure you are at no 7 to 8 spot to drop down . This is not too easy to intake , a waste of time and this could disintegrate a clan or disappoint clan members. Other people will advise to drop into lower league , disintegrate your clan and create a new clan , is this the correct solution to this problem of CWL ? Or we just need to meet at common point with Supercell. CWL is only once in a month why not change the system for better. Players wanted competitiveness at their level . According to Supercell their goal with the Clan War Leagues is to provide a competitive arena for Clans to battle and prove which Clan is the best in the world, and is the first time Clans will be able to look at their achievements with pride. But why need to filter the best until the lowest league to move up? If supercell want to filter and find the best clan I believe , Champion League is enough for them to do it. Our clan just wanted to be competitive without thinking or dreaming to be the best in the world . We know that normal clan war is different from Clan war League , but even if we donít want to join clan war league we definitely needs the medal league rewards for our progress. We donít have abundant high level accounts but were sure that we are competitive enough . Max level accounts doesnít need so much of those rewards , we who are not yet max needed it the most. CWL is a great addition to the game pls donít make it a nightmare to most of us. Because it could turn out to be worst than the problem regarding with engineering bases.
    Supercell we appeal to you to be fair to us .

If you desire matching in wars, then do traditional wars and skip CWL. Everything you suggest totally destroys any League concept. CWL exist for league play.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    If you desire matching in wars, then do traditional wars and skip CWL. Everything you suggest totally destroys any League concept. CWL exist for league play.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post

how can a "suggestion" destroy a concept? Do you mean that if we give feedbacks we destroy the concept CWL League , or just making an appeal to see the other side of it? . if there are millions of clans playing CWL , do you think all of them can make it to the top? I play Clash of clan for 5 years now , do you think you can make your account updates so fast ? as i have said at crystal 2 we rank at no 1 having th12 th11 n th10 facing near lvl opponent and now at crystal 1 we encounter th12 and most th11 , we win as no 1 last season and now we look like nobody , facing so much high TH level than us. And why are you stopping us to enjoy CWL , even if were not due to be at very top , i believe we still have the rights to enjoy CWL ? Sorry but i believe its not for you to say that we stop to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jemclash View Post
    how can a "suggestion" destroy a concept? Do you mean that if we give feedbacks we destroy the concept CWL League , or just making an appeal to see the other side of it? . if there are millions of clans playing CWL , do you think all of them can make it to the top? I play Clash of clan for 5 years now , do you think you can make your account updates so fast ? as i have said at crystal 2 we rank at no 1 having th12 th11 n th10 facing near lvl opponent and now at crystal 1 we encounter th12 and most th11 , we win as no 1 last season and now we look like nobody , facing so much high TH level than us. And why are you stopping us to enjoy CWL , even if were not due to be at very top , i believe we still have the rights to enjoy CWL ? Sorry but i believe its not for you to say that we stop to enjoy it.
    The weight system cannot be implemented in a league setup.CWL is like real-life sports leagues-If you have better players you get more wins and subsequently get promoted. If you lose there, you drop down.
    Option of avoiding promotion can easily be abused. What if a clan full of th12s do that in a lower league?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    The weight system cannot be implemented in a league setup.CWL is like real-life sports leagues-If you have better players you get more wins and subsequently get promoted. If you lose there, you drop down.
    Option of avoiding promotion can easily be abused. What if a clan full of th12s do that in a lower league?
    Why weight system cannot be implemented at all ? I believe at initial stage of CWL many likes the matchmaking thats why people are so happy with it.

Why weight system cannot be implemented at all ? I believe at initial stage of CWL many likes the matchmaking thats why people are so happy with it.
    Let me try to explain it another way ...

Traditional Wars: Match two clans to compete. Each war is an independent event, no war result impacts future matching. Check, we have that today.

Clan War League: A true competative league structure. All teams rise or fall based solely upon performance. Check, we now have that with CWL.

What you and some others seem to be looking for: A extension of Traditional Wars where rather than just two, multiple clans are matched together.

Let us not destroy a true League structure (CWL) by making it into a non-League entity. Rather, if you desire yet a third type of wars, then suggest they add it to the game.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 04:41 PM.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Because it is a league/ladder system. Which means it is based purely on performance/position.

Any form of weighted matching destroys that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

What he means is your suggestion is to change the entire concept of CWL. CWL is not weight based. That is the point. We have regular wars that are and league wars that aren’t. I happen to like both for different reasons and I’m glad we have both types to play.

Of course not all players or clans can make it to the top. That is the point of having a ladder system with a top. That doesn’t mean there isn’t fun to be had below.

So, last season you won what 6 wars out of 7? Maybe 7 out of 7? Now you will win less after your promotion. You will win about 50% just like the rest of us. Even those clans up in champs with all th12s, they are only winning about 50% too. If your clan is active and you upgrade a lot during the month between league wars, you will have a better chance the next time you try this higher league.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

I mean exactly as I stated. What is a League? It is a collection of teams who face each other on equal basis. "Equal Basis" does not mean "equal capability", rather it does mean that all face each other under the same rules without bias towards one team over another.

In a basketball league, all teams within the league play each other. There is no provisions of "since our center is only 5' tall we don't want to face teams with 6' centers" (e.g. TH level differences). Or, "Add up the hieght of all our players and we will only play teams with similar gross height" (e.g. weighting).

BTW: There is one and only one League. That league in turn has multiple tiers. Every clan will naturally find thier correct tier by simply playing.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]