Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War League Suggestion for better Matchmaking

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    The weight system cannot be implemented in a league setup.CWL is like real-life sports leagues-If you have better players you get more wins and subsequently get promoted. If you lose there, you drop down.
    Option of avoiding promotion can easily be abused. What if a clan full of th12s do that in a lower league?
    Why weight system cannot be implemented at all ? I believe at initial stage of CWL many likes the matchmaking thats why people are so happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jemclash View Post
    Why weight system cannot be implemented at all ? I believe at initial stage of CWL many likes the matchmaking thats why people are so happy with it.
    Let me try to explain it another way ...

Traditional Wars: Match two clans to compete. Each war is an independent event, no war result impacts future matching. Check, we have that today.

Clan War League: A true competative league structure. All teams rise or fall based solely upon performance. Check, we now have that with CWL.

What you and some others seem to be looking for: A extension of Traditional Wars where rather than just two, multiple clans are matched together.

Let us not destroy a true League structure (CWL) by making it into a non-League entity. Rather, if you desire yet a third type of wars, then suggest they add it to the game.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 04:41 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

If clans wanted to camp at certain levels that is their strategy and they enjoy it . What im am i just saying supercell continues to follow their system at the highest league because supercell goal is to see the best among clans. This system is only good for the so called highly skilled people and highly maxed bases, but for the normal people do you think they also like it? If you people will tell me that we just skip cwl and dont play it because we dont like the system why dont you tell supercell to simply put an immediate option for us to skip it and we dont need to wait for 2 days for registration to lapse before we skip it.

I dont think Th12 will do that in lower league . what for ?

There are clans that enjoy this system and others dont , but how long do you think people will enjoy it? I will tell you one thing that people who dislike the system will grow in numbers @ the near future that may result of no participation in CWL . Will it be good for CWL? And do you think Supercell will also like that ? Why dont we accept that there is a problem with the system and we mitigate it once and for all . other than that what is supercell improvement plan for CWL?
    Of course if people want to camp at certain th levels they can do it. Nothing prevents them from doing CWL either. However they simply can't expect to do as well as higher town halls-that's it. Again, nothing provides them with a disadvantage in regular wars.
    There will always be people looking to take advantage of the system and the avoid promotion option will help them. This is due to the current rewards system which makes it advantageous for clans to stay in a sweet spot for farming medals. That could do some rework but till then, no need to give those trying to sandbag exactly what they need.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Because it is a league/ladder system. Which means it is based purely on performance/position.

Any form of weighted matching destroys that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

how can a "suggestion" destroy a concept? Do you mean that if we give feedbacks we destroy the concept CWL League , or just making an appeal to see the other side of it? . if there are millions of clans playing CWL , do you think all of them can make it to the top? I play Clash of clan for 5 years now , do you think you can make your account updates so fast ? as i have said at crystal 2 we rank at no 1 having th12 th11 n th10 facing near lvl opponent and now at crystal 1 we encounter th12 and most th11 , we win as no 1 last season and now we look like nobody , facing so much high TH level than us. And why are you stopping us to enjoy CWL , even if were not due to be at very top , i believe we still have the rights to enjoy CWL ? Sorry but i believe its not for you to say that we stop to enjoy it.
    The suggestion alone cannot destroy anything.

However, implemented the suggestion completely destroys the concept of CWL.

About a year ago, maybe longer Darian told us something like they were working on a new war system where engineers would not have an advantage. Now, I can't say for certain that this is what they were working on but at the time, I started a thread that held SC will do away with war weight. That is the concept. If there is weight, people will find ways to manipulate it.

There is still manipulation going on, people losing in order to dominate later is one such way. Changes to the rewards system might combat that eventually. But adding weight destroys the concept. While the suggestion destroys nothing, as I and others said, implanting it would destroy everything.

We are very far from Champ anything. We got smashed to bits in CWL 3 and it may happen in CWL 4. So be it, we'll fight and not expect anything remotely resembling fair. We'll get stronger, move up and find we are once again getting smashed. We will repeat the process.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Fresh Spawn
    They should implement a system to encourage competition between clans with a difference in level of th considerable. It's frustrating to see that you've no chance of victory when the rival clan is far superior in troop and defense levels and frustration in the games leads to abandonment. The goal of a game must be fun, otherwise it is not healthy. My proposal for a fairer confrontation is as follows: when in league attacking a th superior rival should lower the percentage to get the first star by 10% for each level of difference and viceversa when the opponent is lower. For example when a th 10 attacking a th 12 would get a star getting 30% destruction (50%-20%) while if the th 12 attacked the th10 would need 70%(50%+20%). I think this way the game would gain in competitiveness and justice. Another option would be to limit access to certain leagues according to the war weight of the clan and to give these clans the maximum reward when they reach their top league, thus favouring the progression of lower level clans.
    Last edited by Ekans; 1 Week Ago at 07:06 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    I still wouldn't mind seeing a tiered system (5 TH12's, 5 TH11's, 5 TH10's for example). Sure, you're going to see some people camping out at TH10 and 11, but with the current system you're shutting out most (if not all) of the TH10s and 11s. It's hard to say which system will keep the league wars more enjoyable -- perhaps it comes down to how many clans are loaded with TH12s vs how many clans are more evenly dispersed (mix of TH12s, 11s, 10s, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by jlaux View Post
    I still wouldn't mind seeing a tiered system (5 TH12's, 5 TH11's, 5 TH10's for example). Sure, you're going to see some people camping out at TH10 and 11, but with the current system you're shutting out most (if not all) of the TH10s and 11s. It's hard to say which system will keep the league wars more enjoyable -- perhaps it comes down to how many clans are loaded with TH12s vs how many clans are more evenly dispersed (mix of TH12s, 11s, 10s, etc).
    Our th11s and 10s fully participate. Even our 9s. You just have to have reasonable expectations of high high you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by jlaux View Post
    The current system is all inclusive, any clan with a roster of any 15 accounts may participate. Given that each player gets one and only one attack, all paricipants are of equal value. My challange to you: Come up with a list of all leagues you propose with the restrictions for every league you propose. The list must be all inclusive. Yes, the 12s, 11s, 10s mixture needs a league, as does the all 12s, as does the 2 12s + 13 10s, as does the 1 12 +1 10 + 13 8s, as does the 2 8s + 13 6s etc., etc. etc ....

When you have that list of 500? 1,000? 10,000? different leagues then ask youself, would there be enough clans likely in every one defined to even make all the leagues viable?
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    If you desire matching in wars, then do traditional wars and skip CWL. Everything you suggest totally destroys any League concept. CWL exist for league play.
    I suspect the reason so many people complain about the match making in CWL is because SC have already destroyed the "league concept". For it to work properly as league you need clans to be want to be promoted. In it's current form that's not really working.
    The reward system doesn't reward getting promoted. You can easily get more badges by avoiding promotion and taking 6 easy wins with lots of 3 star attacks each CWL. This is ruining it for anyone who does want to play it as a league.

You might want to get promoted for prestige but this falls a bit flat as well. This CWL we'll have 100s even 1000s of 'winners' from the top league and the only way you'll know who they are is a rather flawed ranking based on how well they did in their group. It's a bit like stopping the world cup after the group stages and expecting people to be excited by it!

So while you are right that the suggestion is against the concept of a league you shouldn't be criticising the OP for making suggestions to change it. He's not going to break the league concept if it already isn't working. Either Supercell need to fix their concept or make other changes to at least make it fun for those taking part
    Last edited by Traimus; 1 Week Ago at 11:25 AM.