Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power derby stacking for newbie

My hood is Champion's League currently has 10 members. Ive seen you tube videos teaching stacking and recommending rasp. muffins, goat cheese, carrot pies etc... I wondered if anyone knew stasti slly most common items that appear. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Since any task can come up in a power derby, it’s hard to plan for things like crops.
    what sort of and size of hood are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTulips View Post
    My hood is Champion's League currently has 10 members. Ive seen you tube videos teaching stacking and recommending rasp. muffins, goat cheese, carrot pies etc... I wondered if anyone knew stasti slly most common items that appear. Thanks.
    It’s always a guess & a gamble. One week we can see Picnic baskets over & over. The next week we have a run of Chilly or Angler baskets. One week we see fish n chips then not see it again for weeks. Last week we got carrot pies. First time in two months.

Each NH will see different tasks from week to week. Each week take notes of what you see most often. Then you may want to prep for those things each week knowing you may not even see that task appear.

This week I prepped & stacked for almost everything since I will be busy in RL this week. 5 hours in & trashing every 30 min I still have not seen a single task I prepped for.

Bottom line is do what you can and hope what you chose was correct. Even one pre-prepped task can save you time.

alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTulips View Post
    TinyTulips, I am surprised the video recommended stacking rasp muffins rather than blackberry muffins. I always stack up blk muffins because you need only 11 in the angler combo and 20 for the full blk.muffin task. If I stack 22 blk muffins I would be able to do either two angler tasks or one full blk.muffin task. However, that means I would also stack at least 14 blue wooly hats in order to comploete the angler combo. You need to examine the table given in Hayday wiki to see how many and which items are needed in a regular derby.

In my hood we coordinate who stacks which item so almost any of the 320-pt tasks are covered (except we don't do long tasks llke harvesting wool or goat milk). Depending on how many slots you have opened at your machines (my machines mostly have 7 to 9 slots) you could stack more than one item, such as blk.muffins followed by one of the others (like banana bread, cookie, fruitti pizza, potato bread, rasp.muffin). There is a limit of around 50+ that you can stack on each machine.

I am also surprised that the video recommended carrot pies. I seldom stack those. I stack feta pies and pumpkin pies which are needed for the picnic combo and the chilly combo. I like stacking for combo's because they require less items, but you do have to watch for what other items are needed in the combo.

Stacking goat cheese? I wouldn't do that if I were at a lower level because I would need the dairy free to make cream, butter and cheese. I do stack goat cheese myself because at my level (162) I have built up a huge barn and can store enough cream, butter and cheese so that I don't need the dairy during the prep period and during the derby. Same goes for syrup.

What I found most useful is to hire Rose early (maybe Friday) to build up the milk supply in HER storage space and then hire Ernest no later than Saturday so that when I start stacking on Sunday, there is plenty of diary and sugars and the barn stays full during the stacking.

My hood members often ask me for advice as to what to stack and I cannot give them a formula because it's a ♥♥♥♥ shoot. I regularl stack 30+ items. Sometimes there are weeks when only one or two of the 30+ are actually used, but I get the satisfaction of being able to finish the derby within 24 hours by being prepared. Then I spend the rest of the week enjoying the daily events at my leisure.

But then, everyone enjoys HD their own way. I certainly don't mean to tell you my way is the right way. Good luck!
    HayDay Level 164
    Leader of Friendly Helpers, 163 Gold, 28 Silver, 8 Bronze
    Been playing HD 6 years