Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maintenance Break Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Donsch View Post
    I cannot recall a maintenance break where replays were NOT lost. Perhaps, it is a default behavior to clear them out these days. Even clan game updates, clear the war attacks.
    Nope - we've had several updates in the past months where war attacks weren't gone ...

Edit: since this maintenance is about yet another nerf to the bat spell (when will it just be deleted again?), the replays will be gone
    Last edited by JusMe; January 7th, 2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Nope - we've had several updates in the past months where war attacks weren't gone ...
    We lose replays when there's a change to AI or stats

This is to ensure the replay don't give wrong result.

Replays are stored as troop drop coordinates not as a clip hence any change to AI or Stats will mess up replays

Forum Veteran
    Nope ....everytime they change a troop or a spell they have to take the replays away.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCra View Post
    Nope ....everytime they change a troop or a spell they have to take the replays away.
    and not every update/maintenance involves/involved troops or spells ...
    Last edited by JusMe; January 7th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeemq79 View Post
    We lose replays when there's a change to AI or stats

This is to ensure the replay don't give wrong result.

Replays are stored as troop drop coordinates not as a clip hence any change to AI or Stats will mess up replays
    I know this ... and there have been several maintenance breaks (server upkeep and such) where the replays were not deleted

Forum Veteran
    and not every update/maintenance involves/involved troops or spells ...
    But an update that changes the Bat Spell is almost supposed to change the Bat Spell.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCra View Post
    But an update that changes the Bat Spell is almost supposed to change the Bat Spell.
    There is a difference between 'an update' or even 'this update' and 'every update'... which is what I was referring to in my response to someone else. Also see my edits in earlier posts, after the announcement of the bat spell nerf. SC really doesn't want people to use the new stuff any longer it seems....

Forum Elder
    There is a difference between 'an update' or even 'this update' and 'every update'... which is what I was referring to in my response to someone else. Also see my edits in earlier posts, after the announcement of the bat spell nerf. SC really doesn't want people to use the new stuff any longer it seems....
    This is just the usual "free to play, pay to prosper" side of the game working as intended.
    Anyone wishing to take advantage of new stuff needs to get in quick. A few spare gems will gain the benefit of its entry power, before all the nerfing starts. Anyone not willing to gem, will have to decide whether any new addition brings any benefit at its longer term power settings.