Thread: Advice for creating a neighbourhood!

Advice for creating a neighbourhood!

hi! im thinking of creating a neighbourhood, however before i do i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for making it successful and tips for recruiting people to join!

im an active level 51 player, and i want a neighbourhood that will have fun, chat and help eachother out. well be derby focussed, however not taking it too seriously as that can sometimes spoil the fun.

if this sounds like a neighbourhood youd like to be part of then please reply or pm me! we could create it together, id like to have co-leaders to help me
    Last edited by pinksheep; January 6th, 2019 at 09:13 PM.

It's definitely hard to get anyone to join until you are in champions league. So if you can get a few friends to help get you up the leagues you'll have an easier time if it. Have a recruitment thread with your rules clearly listed and bump it every day till you are happy with the numbers. I find varying the time of the bump makes a difference as you hit different time zones. The recruitment board is busy so your ad falls of the top pretty quickly. And finally dont be afraid to boot people that aren't a good fit, no players are better than bad players!

Fresh Spawn
    I just left a neighborhood that became just way too serious about derby to the point it was not much fun. I dont know much about recruiting but am giving it a shot. Join me as co if you like & lets see what we can build😊#pu29cv8
    Quote Originally Posted by pinksheep View Post
    hi! im thinking of creating a neighbourhood, however before i do i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for making it successful and tips for recruiting people to join!

im an active level 51 player, and i want a neighbourhood that will have fun, chat and help eachother out. well be derby focussed, however not taking it too seriously as that can sometimes spoil the fun.

if this sounds like a neighbourhood youd like to be part of then please reply or pm me! we could create it together, id like to have co-leaders to help me

Forum Veteran
    The advice I would give you is to think hard about whether this is a good idea or not? While running a hood can be hugely satisfying, you will endure frustration and disappointment again and again as you try to build a meaningful and successful hood.

If you still want to do it I would offer this advice:

Decide exactly what sort of hood you want to be, social, competitive or something in between.

develop a clear ethos about behaviour, selfish play etc

develop some clear rules, apply them even handedly and fairly, and stick to them!

Build your hood slowly. Don’t be suckered into filling out your hood for the sake of it, much better to have a small tight team and build selectively with decent people. There are a lot of sad players out there who will cheerfully join your hood and disrupt it - either with selfish play, causing drama, or simply because they like to do it.

Recruiting players is generally one of the toughest things for any leader, even for established hoods with a great trophy cabinet. I screen potential people to invite like its a job interview LOL, but if you are “anyone can join” or “request to join” I would suggest you chat to whoever joins and screen out those who won’t fit your ethos.

Good luck
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds Team first, my barn is your barn
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    ...Recruiting players is generally one of the toughest things for any leader, even for established hoods with a great trophy cabinet. I screen potential people to invite like its a job interview LOL, but if you are “anyone can join” or “request to join” I would suggest you chat to whoever joins and screen out those who won’t fit your ethos.

Good luck
    Fascinating, Steve. One of these days, I'd like to learn more about the process first-hand by deploying a baby farm to join JT Legend and observe how you manage your hood.

I'll knock you up. See you soon?
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 21st, 2019 at 09:14 PM.
    What the hell?
    The L entity is as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Fascinating, Steve. One of these days, I'd like to learn more about the process first-hand by deploying a baby farm to join JT Legend and observe how you manage your hood.

I'll knock you up. See you soon?
    Its possible Lynne if we have a space - we don’t always. To be honest we have a a firm team ethos and rules, and the guys all know what’s expected of them and just deliver so your probably wouldn’t see a lot of actual management going on. Weekly strategy for different Derbys is a vital first step, everybody knows what’s expected and just delivers - if they didn’t they wouldn’t last with us. In general the team is super courteous and helpful so friction is exceedingly rare, if someone has a bug about something, I normally try and deal with that diplomatically out of the public glare.
    Steve: Hayday Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2. 150+ golds Team first, my barn is your barn
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players
    CoC coleader Fat Kitty Stars #28Q99R2P9 active clan, learning together and having fun

Late to the party... I have written a lot about neighborhood leadership, beginning on page 5 of my recruitment thread (Peaceful Estates). (No link, sorry, but hopefully you find it easily enough if interested.)

Best of luck to you!