Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Supercell ID and email address - a question

  1. #21
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXavier View Post
    Agreed. I'm still confused on how we can add the new email to our account. Does it involve them sending a login code to our new email that we want to use?
    Yes. They ‘expire’ your SCID so it shows with a X then when you click on it to log in it behaves like it did when you set it up, ie you give your new email address, and they send you a new authorisation code which you have to enter.

  2. #22
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Yes. They ‘expire’ your SCID so it shows with a X then when you click on it to log in it behaves like it did when you set it up, ie you give your new email address, and they send you a new authorisation code which you have to enter.
    have you changed email accounts for multiple villages or just one? if multiple did you requested the opting out from each account or did you used one account only to stay in contact with support?

  3. #23
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    673
    I created a new email for one account and I ‘swapped’ that accounts email address to another account (which used to have my work email associated with it). So two accounts were involved. All communication was from the account who’s email address was moving, but interestingly , SC only needed proof of ownership for the other account (the one it was moving to). I guess since I was using in game support to talk to them they new I must have rights to the account I was talking from.

  4. #24
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    I created a new email for one account and I ‘swapped’ that accounts email address to another account (which used to have my work email associated with it). So two accounts were involved. All communication was from the account who’s email address was moving, but interestingly , SC only needed proof of ownership for the other account (the one it was moving to). I guess since I was using in game support to talk to them they new I must have rights to the account I was talking from.
    does it mean you contacted the support from village 1 to change email (opting out from scid) for village 2?

  5. #25
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    673
    Yes. I contacted support from village 1 and told them that I wanted to swap village 1s email address to village 2 and give village 1 a new email address. They asked the reason why and I explained, and then they asked for proof of ownership of village 2 (but not village 1).

  6. #26
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    Yes. I contacted support from village 1 and told them that I wanted to swap village 1s email address to village 2 and give village 1 a new email address. They asked the reason why and I explained, and then they asked for proof of ownership of village 2 (but not village 1).
    okay good to know. and doesntbused the one time account recovery of one of your villages?

    i know that last year someone requested an email change similar like you because he saved the wrong village with the wrong email. support told them that they were able to optnout the village but the system would think the email account is still in use for scid.
    the support said that they would have to use the one time account recovery to use this email account as new scid for the correct account.

  7. #27
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    673
    SC support were very helpful, and didn’t say this would use my one time account recovery. It shouldn’t, because no account needed recovering!

  8. #28
    Forum Legend wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    9,836
    Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    SC support were very helpful, and didn’t say this would use my one time account recovery. It shouldn’t, because no account needed recovering!
    previously email change (gplay/gamecenter id) used the one time account recovery. (maybe this hasnt changed because you just were opted out from scid)
    i guess the system now no longer thinks the opted out email account is still in use for scid.

    thank you for your experience.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •